Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 3:25:25 PM EDT
Looking for a new ambidextrous lower which is better in terms of ergonomics and reliability..  has anyone had problems with either?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC is best
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have to vote KAC. You can't go wrong with anything they make. If they're an option they are the answer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
KAC SR15 Mod1 is my favorite rifle, minus the A2 grip, I love everything it comes with from the factory.
However, the KAC ambi lower doesnt have a bolt open for lefties, it is purely a bolt release.
LWRC lower is a truely ambi lower, so I say LWRC wins for ambi lower.

IMHO, AXTS makes the best ambi lower though.

Ambi lowers never really interests me tho since I shoot with my right hand 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC is best
View Quote

The rollmark is the best!

Function wise:

1. AX556
2. LWRC IC lower
3. KAC lower

SR-15 lower as cool as it is, NOT fully AMBI, being able to lock the bolt back from the right side as a right handed shooter is a nice advantage.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Function wise:

1. AX556
2. LWRC IC lower
3. KAC lower

SR-15 lower as cool as it is, NOT fully AMBI, being able to lock the bolt back from the right side as a right handed shooter is a nice advantage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KAC is best

Function wise:

1. AX556
2. LWRC IC lower
3. KAC lower

agree but I'd put lwrc ic first

I wonder how many people that put kac ahead of lwrc actually own both or handle both regularly?  I do....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wonder how many people that put kac ahead of lwrc actually own both or handle both regularly?  I do....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
KAC is best

Function wise:

1. AX556
2. LWRC IC lower
3. KAC lower

Not at the moment but I have owned both.  I really do like LWRC but I don't think I would say they are better than KAC.  LWRCs are heavy and, until the release of the IC, the rail was incredibly clunky.  The recoil was much sharper than the KAC.  However, this is comparing the KAC to the pre IC LWRCs.  I'm also not sold on the piston.  I just haven't had enough problems with DI to justify the added weight and complexities of something like LWRC's short stroke piston.

Edit: just lowers... i like LWRC's new lower a lot.  Better than KAC's
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Function wise:

1. AX556
2. LWRC IC lower
3. Aero Ambi ST lower
4. KAC lower

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KAC is best

Function wise:

1. AX556
2. LWRC IC lower
3. Aero Ambi ST lower
4. KAC lower

fify.

The top 3 are the only fully ambi lowers on the market.

as for being able to lock the bolt back on the right side, the reborn a-dac lower from Rainier is another very good option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top