Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
After wearing out yet another safty detent, this time a Stag Arms with only 3,200 rounds through it I have come to the conclusion that small parts like detents are not all the same.

My first thought is to stock up on Colt selector detents but Brownells is out of stock.

DSG Arms has their store brand for less than $1.00 each.

KNS sells a kit for $17.00 that comes with several small parts including a "turned" selector detent.

Or i can just go nuts and buy a Battle Arms selector kit for $47 which comes with a detent.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
After wearing out yet another safty detent, this time a Stag Arms with only 3,200 rounds through it I have come to the conclusion that small parts like detents are not all the same.

My first thought is to stock up on Colt selector detents but Brownells is out of stock.

DSG Arms has their store brand for less than $1.00 each.

KNS sells a kit for $17.00 that comes with several small parts including a "turned" selector detent.

Or i can just go nuts and buy a Battle Arms selector kit for $47 which comes with a detent.

Suggestions?
View Quote

Buy the Battle Arms selector. It's a tiny part, but an important one.  The BAD ASS selector is worth the extra money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thank you!

Cheaper than Colt from Brownells and free shipping. Order placed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the KNS SS detents from BAD.

Fixed my mushy safety problem. New plan, any time I change a pistol grip from now on I'm going to install a new Colt or KNS safety detent while the grip is off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
BAD makes the best selector on the market, and they choose to use KNS detents.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the KNS SS detents from BAD.

Fixed my mushy safety problem. New plan, any time I change a pistol grip from now on I'm going to install a new Colt or KNS safety detent while the grip is off.
View Quote

good deal. I was just thinking. if you haven't already, I would pull out the selector and clean it up real good. and put a little grease in the channel of the selector, that the detent rides in. if the old detent(s) wore down that much. then, there is going to be metallic particles/dust in there that will accelerate wear of your new detent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top