Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 9:38:24 AM EDT
As much as the A2 flash hider has set the standard where every other manufacturer has to compare to, the dilemma is that as a consumer…most of us are unable to compare other "performance" muzzle devices against each other. After searching far and wide for a new muzzle device for the LWRC, I have come to the decision of 1 of 4 muzzle devices.

1. The VG6 Precision Epsilon: Here

2. PWS FSC 556: The Legend

3. Lantac Dragon: Enjoy

4. Strike Industries Sierra: Here

I looked for a combination of a brake, comp, and flash hider (some more than others) in my decision making. As much as the FSC556 and the Dragon have enjoyed the massive amount marketing, look past it and focus on performance. If anyone has any experience in any 2 or more, please share it. Which has more muzzle climb over the other? Which lets out a massive fireball at night (or day)? Now, as I can find infinite videos on the FSC556 and the Dragon, please chime in on the Epsilon and the Sierra. Many thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
There has been some extensive flash hider testing here, and the results pretty much showed that there isnt a single good brake that is also an effective flash hider.  All of the good brakes will throw fireballs to the sides at night.  The effective flash hiders were the A2, smith vortex, and another 3 or 4 pronged full flash hider.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw this and liked it. However, it only touches on only flash signature. I chose these 4 devices for their design around all 3 aspects: a comp, a brake, and a flash hider. they all have topside ports (not the FSC556), 3 or more prongs to help flash reduction (not so much the Dragon), and single to triple port brakes. The overall performance between them is what I am focusing on. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up an AAC Brakeout 2.0.  I'll try to take some comparison pics of the flash signature of it, the PWS FSC556, BCM Comp, A2 and the love it or hate it BattleComp.  Hopefully the Brakeout 2.0 is better than the original, which sucked as a comp and as a flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I would pick the most important feature to you and pick a device according to that. The SFMB-556K for a brake or a Meyers 249F for flash.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
There's also the AFAB mini, which I've heard good things about. It would fit into your list.
https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=4141

I agree in that there really isn't anything, currently, from my personal experience that does all to an adequate degree. I don't  have any experience with the ones on your list, or even the AFAB. But I have used Battlecomps, Dynacomps, Griffen Armament, etc. I've settled into either getting flash hiders or comps. The BE Meyers being my current favorite flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The Griffin was right behind my list. Shot it before, and it was nice per say, but something was missing. I have shot the PWS on a Scar and loved it. I completely forgot about the existence of the AAC Brakeout. Hmm, I may have to look more into it. Just more to add to the dilemma.    I wait for the day that someone makes the perfect muzzle device. Anyone have any input on the Brakeout compared to anything here?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like my seekins AR ATC
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out the BRT Covert Comp.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally, I would pick the most important feature to you and pick a device according to that. The SFMB-556K for a brake or a Meyers 249F for flash.
View Quote

This. Comp SJC Titan, Flash Hider BE Meyers 249F
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would also agree pick your most important feature and optimize for that.  Just cause it says it reduces flash and has some tiny prongs doesn't mean it's effective in any way.  Flash prongs sell muzzle devices but they don't really work when there are 1-3 brake blast chambers before the prongs.  Most of these are primarily brake-comps anyway, and I haven't seen one yet as effective at that as the SJC Titan, although most do help and once you learn the recoil characteristics of your rifle with brand X brake on it, most can be shot quickly.

Also I'll say the best compensator for you, your rifle, and your shooting position may have more or less vertical compensation.  You can have too much comp, and your rifle will recoil downwards. 'Best' may depend on your personal gun.

So pick one and try it.  If you're like many of us you may end up with a small drawer full of them before you settle on one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I hear you. Looks like it is going to be a long process and many rounds but it is necessary. Thanks for all the input from everyone. Someone actually suggested the OSS Banner Alpha, the weirdest looking device I have ever seen, yet it looks like something out of a movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top