Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 3:45:41 PM EDT
Cdnn has the bushmaster v match upper with black rain stainless barrel and Troy 13" rail for 550$. Good or not? It's less the bcg and ch. have a bushy lower so should match up well but have a2 upper and want a change. Thank you in advance!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No its not worth it to me.  It may very well be worth it to you however.

Is it something you'd feel comfortable paying $550 for then I say why not sounds like quality enough parts.  What is it about this specific upper you like?

Personally I'd rather build, buy used, wait for sales, go the PSA route to save money to put towards optics and ammo.

It's a really subjective question so is it worth it to you?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No its not worth it to me.  It may very well be worth it to you however.

Is it something you'd feel comfortable paying $550 for then I say why not sounds like quality enough parts.  What is it about this specific upper you like?

Personally I'd rather build, buy used, wait for sales, go the PSA route to save money to put towards optics and ammo.

It's a really subjective question so is it worth it to you?
View Quote

Well I have two ar's now and I just don't care for the A2 upper. It has a drop in quad rail and what not. The black rain is set up exactly how I want for that gun and I was really wondering if the upper they offer is worth what they're asking
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Again it sounds like 'to you' that you will get your money worth.  I have no experience with BRO products so I can't comment on the barrel which is the most important part of that upper (save the BCG but thats not included here).

Are you wanting to specifically buy an assembled upper?  What about this upper makes it what you want, is it the specific barrel, the rail, the bushy upper?

What will be the end use of the rifle?   What optics do you plan to use?   When you can get uppers less BCG for so much cheaper in the EE or from PSA I personally wouldn't buy the upper you're referencing if it's the same thing I found on CDNN.    

I'd build an upper.  here is my next build

Barrel

Upper w/UPK installed already

Rail

That's a sweet upper with a known very quality barrel for $464 + S&H but that's what I would want.  

ETA:If you just don't like the A2 upper get one of the Matrix one's I linked and switch them out
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Man idk to be honest what I want. Looking for an upgraded upper whether built or in pieces. I'm just not familiar with how to install barrel nor have the tools. Would be awesome to upgrade barrel, flash hider, and quad tho!!!! Just saw that on cdnn and sounded like a deal. Then I check prices and really isn't that great. What you put together in the links provided would be slick!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Eh I don't have personal experience with BRO but I have a picture of one of their NiB bolts that someone sent me last week...it was cracked in half after less than 200 rounds.  That's enough for me to stay away.  People say bad things about Bushmaster, but I have one I bought about 10 years ago (M16A4 style) that was one of the few rifles I've bought that I didn't have to zero the sights.  It was dead on with the first round and has been ever since.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eh I don't have personal experience with BRO but I have a picture of one of their NiB bolts that someone sent me last week...it was cracked in half after less than 200 rounds.  That's enough for me to stay away.  People say bad things about Bushmaster, but I have one I bought about 10 years ago (M16A4 style) that was one of the few rifles I've bought that I didn't have to zero the sights.  It was dead on with the first round and has been ever since.
View Quote

That's good Intel! Thank yall for the input. I love my bushy. It eats green tip unbelievably. It's one of the most accurate guns I've ever had and it's incredibly reliable. Never once had an issue with it. But they have a bad rep. Idk why but think I'll stay away from the BRO
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It's possible that we have 'flukes' from Bushy and the bolt I saw from BRO is a fluke, but I haven't had any problems with my Bushmaster (or BCM, Colt, LaRue, Noveske, UCWRG etc.).  I have had problems with some other brands
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top