Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 1:22:54 PM EDT
I like the looks and feel of the Colt A2 grips. That said after a shooting session yesterday I'm reminded why I need something else. The bump on the front of the grip makes my ring finger go numb.

I have a Tango down grip on another carbine. Its too thin for me and the trigger reach is really short.

MOE isnt bad but I dont like the "beavertail" which fits different on every lower depending on make.  

The Sierra Precision SPR grip is great. Hand filling and great trigger reach. But the thumb rest shelf on the weak side slows safety. manipulation.

Tried the Ergo and hated it. Tried the HOGUE, not bad but intefiered with the safety. Tried an M16A1(?) grip, too thin and slippery.

So I guess I'm looking for a thick grip, with no finger grooves on the front strap and no extended beavertail like the MOE.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I find the UCWRG Grip 23 to be the most comfortable but it has a beaver tail.  Maybe a BCM Gunfighter?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My huge hands love the Moe+, but I bet if I tried a Miad, I'd be dumping $200 on new grips.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hogue and a pocket knife for my arthritic ape hands.  Cut off the section that offends the safety and blend.

fatkid
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the same problem I like the MOE +
Hand filling yet cushioning better on the wrist than the harder polymer....in my experience
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Magpul MIAD. The various front and back straps, various thicknesses and shapes, should result in something that fits well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul MIAD. The various front and back straps, various thicknesses and shapes, should result in something that fits well.
View Quote

I've got a couple of them. Wish they made a larger back strap without a beavertail.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never tried a Magpul MIAD but the magpul k2 is noticeably thicker than a A2 grip.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Ergo Tactical Deluxe is the best I've ever tried  Don't know how you hated it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Lone Star Ordnance with trap door.  Fatter palm swell and no finger grooves.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
caa upg16 this is the most comfortable grip I've used it's on all my rifles plus I store the front sight tool in it to the mbus gen 2 sight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have large hands and like the Stark grip.They have some without trigger guard now.

GRIP
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have never tried a Magpul MIAD but the magpul k2 is noticeably thicker than a A2 grip.
View Quote

K2 > everything else
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Large hands, I enjoy the BG17. It's the regular Tango Down, but fatter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

K2 > everything else
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

K2 > everything else
Agreed...

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, I love my k2 grip
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know from personal experience, but that caa grip does look good for the  op's arthritis criteria. It's like a pistol grip version of a condom with interchangeable ribs (for her pleasure as well).
Seriously, it does look like it would help mitigate some of the hammering like force from recoil. Yeah, an ar15 don't recoil that bad, but where arthritis is the case it don't take much depending on the severity of the shooters arthritis. With all the interchangeable front and rear straps, you should be able to find a combo that works for you.
Also they used to make gloves that helped in reducing felt recoil for high powered pistol shooters back in the day. I'd try hogue first for these (iirc). I'd take a look at hogue' s grips as well for that matter.
Like I said, I'm just going off looks, not from personal experience. Just have thought along a similar train of thought before.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ergo Tactical Deluxe is the best I've ever tried  Don't know how you hated it.
View Quote

Perhaps he was referring to the standard Ergo grip which is rather thin. The Ergo Deluxe is the fattest AR grip out there ASAIK...totally different beast than the standard Ergo. I used one for awhile and liked it. I've since moved on to the MIAD which is hands down my favorite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top