Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 4:58:38 PM EDT
What are peoples thoughts on this trigger?

Good for the money which is about 65.00 or is there something better for around the same price?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested as well...just bought one last night

There are quite a few reviews online. Most are very positive and range from "the greatest single stage ever" to "better than most LPK triggers". I'm just hoping to get rid of some or most of the gritty creep and get a crisper break without the mushiness. I'm not expecting it to have a break anywhere near my Geisseles...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a nice upgrade from a standard trigger, I have one in my AR pistol on some JP springs and it feels like butter. ALG is a sister company to Geissele so its great American company. If want a two stage you can get a RRA 2 stage for $80 or if you have the coin to spare get a Geissele.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a nice upgrade from a standard trigger, I have one in my AR pistol on some JP springs and it feels like butter. ALG is a sister company to Geissele so its great American company. If want a two stage you can get a RRA 2 stage for $80 or if you have the coin to spare get a Geissele.
View Quote

What are the advantages of a two stage trigger?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What are the advantages of a two stage trigger?
View Quote

Benefits of a 2 Stage Trigger

It'll pretty much come down to purpose of the gun and personal preference.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one it's a night and day difference between a regular GI trigger.  I upgraded the springs to the JP yellow/red combo, and I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
My bare minumum trigger. If it doesn't have a Geiselle, it has an ACT. They are smooth and fast!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both ACT and QMS.  Both good.  Actually prefer the QMS.  I bet this is an interchangeable phenomenon though.  I also have various Geiselle and Rock River two stages.  The rock rivers aren't bad.  The Geisellles are more robust.  I got an SSA-e 3.5 that is a dream.  For my purposes til proven wrong I will save the $20 and buy QMS.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up my first ACT.  I put 150 rounds down range with it the other day and it is significantly smoother than the GI trigger it replaced. Next up is a Geissele SDC for me to try.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently got a QMS and got it to the range. It really is what they claim- a cleaned up mil spec trigger (it's crisp and feels good). It's worth the money over a generic LPK trigger which will be a gamble in "quality". Also, the best price I found was direct from ALG, which includes free shipping.

As far as the ACT vs QMS, it seems that people that have both give a slight edge to the ACT but that doesnt justfiy the price difference for me, YMMV
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Red Barn Armory build your lower parts kit and throw it in there, cheapest way to get them.  If you just need the trigger I got another one of mines from Trading Place Pawn for 55.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#11]
The ALG (or QMS) should be the minimum acceptable trigger for the AR.

It is much better to have a SSA or SSA-E but if cost is a factor get the ALG.

The way to look at it is that the ALG will be the best mil spec type AR trigger you will ever get.  It is not a light pull trigger but it is smooth and crisp.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one it's a night and day difference between a regular GI trigger.  I upgraded the springs to the JP yellow/red combo, and I highly recommend it.
View Quote

I also have a couple that I really like, though I have one factory trigger group that is almost as good. Curious how the yellow/red combo works? I have a yellow trigger spring installed with an ACT trigger in one of my guns, but am curious how a red hammer spring would change the feel of the trigger pull?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
In what way do the JP springs effectively help these triggers? I'm thinking of putting these in my A2.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
oops Double T
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In what way do the JP springs effectively help these triggers? I'm thinking of putting these in my A2.
View Quote

Drops trigger pull weight. 3.75# vs. ~5.5#.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I put a ACT in my SPR build with yellow springs along with a take up adjuster bolt through the grip and it's a lot better than a stock kit for that purpose.

Pull weight is in the 3lb range.  Do note that I had to bob the hammer to get reliable ignition.  With a full hook on the hammer with yellow front and back I was seeing some FTF's with CCI primers.   Not a lot but even a few when previously I'd never had one was too many.  I used a dremel to drop about half the hook off the hammer under the rule, you can take more off, you can't put it back and I've had no FTF since.   (lighter springs means you have to have a lighter hammer i.e. faster velocity to get the same force impact)

I am about to make a G2S-E purchase I think, there's still just enough creep that I don't like it in the above set up that it bugs me and I think is keeping me from hitting my full long range potential with the rifle.  On very good days it's a sub 0.5 MOA shooter and I think a better trigger will get me more better days.  

But for all but the most OCD shooters or LRP shooters I think the ACT is a great upgrade IF your stock trigger is gritty, creepy, heavy.  If your stock trigger is a good example of one and I have a couple then you won't see as much return for your dollar.

If you do go yellow/yellow then you might have to lighten the hammer up to get reliable ignition.  Shoot it before you bob it though, just to confirm.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I also have a couple that I really like, though I have one factory trigger group that is almost as good. Curious how the yellow/red combo works? I have a yellow trigger spring installed with an ACT trigger in one of my guns, but am curious how a red hammer spring would change the feel of the trigger pull?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its stronger, and is recommened for duty guns because the yellow hammer spring might not ignite rounds with hard primers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I just received and installed the ACT trigger. It's exactly what I was hoping for. No matter how slow I pull the trigger I can't feel any creep...just a nice break a few pounds south of the GI trigger it replaced. It's well worth the $$
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its stronger, and is recommened for duty guns because the yellow hammer spring might not ignite rounds with hard primers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So let me get this right. For a duty gun you'll need both yellow and red spring on the alg trigger.  Or just the red spring alone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top