Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 12:30:29 AM EDT
I want to get a trigger within these price ranges for my AR, cheapest I've found the RRA is for $73 on the EE or $80 on ebay and the ALG is ~$65.

Not trying to buy a Geissele or anything over $100 so these seem like my best options.

I know that many people have problems with their RRA but I figured it was a decent attempt to see if I like 2 stage triggers over the singe stage.
The way I see it is that for around the same price, I can experiment with a 2 stage trigger rather than get a beefed up mil spec one.

Also my rifle randomly will fire when I let it roll off the reset, I thought I fixed it when I put in a different disconnector spring but it still happens randomly at the range so I'm thinking to just slightly upgrade it. I can't get it to do it when dry firing since I changed the spring.
I am using an polymer ATI omni lower which I am planning on switching out for maybe an Anderson's, not sure if the lower has anything to do with it but I don't think it does.

I appreciate any input you can offer me. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What are your plans for said rifle?

You are comparing two triggers that were designed for different roles, in my opinion.

The RRA Two-stage national match trigger was designed for service rifle competition, where competitors wanted a nice match trigger that would make the required total pull weight of 4.5LBS to be legal for competition. They are fine triggers for the money, and I have yet to have an issue with any of mine. There are a LOT of service rifle shooters who use them, and if for some reason you got a bad one, RRA would take care of you.

The ALG (Geissele) triggers are fantastic "GI style" triggers that are made to offer a nice improvement over the gritty, inconsistent GI trigger included with many factory built rifles, or in most LPKs that are used for assembling your own. They are excellent, durable and very affordable. However, they are much heavier than a RRA Two-stage, as they are not designed to be a match or DMR trigger. For that, you need to look at some of Geissele's other offerings (SSA-E, SSA, Hi-speed NM, etc.).

I hope this helps. I have not owned an ALG yet, however I have used them and they are great "battle" style triggers. I run mostly higher end Geissele's in my go to rifles, however like I mentioned I also have some RRA two-stage models (three, to be exact).

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are comparing two triggers that were designed for different roles, in my opinion.

The RRA Two-stage national match trigger was designed for service rifle competition, where competitors wanted a nice match trigger that would make the required total pull weight of 4.5LBS to be legal for competition. They are fine triggers for the money, and I have yet to have an issue with any of mine. There are a LOT of service rifle shooters who use them, and if for some reason you got a bad one, RRA would take care of you.

The ALG (Geissele) triggers are fantastic "GI style" triggers that are made to offer a nice improvement over the gritty, inconsistent GI trigger included with many factory built rifles, or in most LPKs that are used for assembling your own. They are excellent, durable and very affordable. However, they are much heavier than a RRA Two-stage, as they are not designed to be a match or DMR trigger. For that, you need to look at some of Geissele's other offerings (SSA-E, SSA, Hi-speed NM, etc.).

I hope this helps. I have not owned an ALG yet, however I have used them and they are great "battle" style triggers. I run mostly higher end Geissele's in my go to rifles, however like I mentioned I also have some RRA two-stage models (three, to be exact).

View Quote

Main uses of this rifle are home defense and plinking. I think trying out the 2 stage might be best so I don't waste money later on a geissele if I do decide to get one only to find out I don't like 2 stage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Main uses of this rifle are home defense and plinking. I think trying out the 2 stage might be best so I don't waste money later on a geissele if I do decide to get one only to find out I don't like 2 stage.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally prefer 2-stage triggers.

Good luck, and report back with your findings.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I like my RRA 2 stage trigger. It is the first and still only 2 stage trigger I have. I will no hesitate to buy again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using the RR NM 2S trigger set to 3.5 pounds for over 20 years.  I have an uncountable number of rounds through them over the 30+ rifles I have built using this trigger and I have never had that first problem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two RRA NM triggers.  They still  work with thousands is rounds through them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I had my old mil-spec fire on reset as well, and just got a Geissele and was done with it.

I pick ALG out of your options though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
went ahead and got the 2 stage. also got a lower parts kit without trigger group from brownells for $30 and I might pick up an Anderson Lower for $79 from LGS and switch out this polymer lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top