Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 6:41:34 PM EDT
My first and only AR15 is a build that I have just completed. Went to shoot the rifle today and it jams every shot and is having a hard time cycling and most importantly ejecting the shells. The shells get pinched by the BCG before they can get fully ejected. I have a 14.5" Noveske N4 barrel with a mid length gas system that came from Noveske already pinned, Spikes tactical Ni-Boron m16 complete BCG, and the Spikes tactical St-t2 buffer assembly kit. Tried a carbine buffer with the same st-t2 kit spring and same result.

Wondering what you guys run for buffers and springs with this barrel length and gas system? Whether the St-t2 is the reason for this jamming, i think that buffer is probably too heavy for that gas set-up. Trying to figure out what I should switch to.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I run H2s in with my couple of Noveske 14.5's. Something's wrong. What ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I run an A5 system with my 14.5" guns. Haven't had any issues
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
As Hydra-shokz wrote, something is wrong.
Check the key on your bolt carrier; the gas block alignment; and that gas tube is lined up and OK.
It will be one of the three.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried using a Spikes T2 buffer and Sprinco blue spring in my 16" NOVESKE midlength and it repeatedly jammed with the shell getting pinched between the bolt face and the inside/front of the charging handle, Ammo was M855. I tried the T2 buffer with the carbine spring and again it jammed up multiple times. Finally I gave up and went back to a standard carbine spring and carbine weight buffer and it functioned 100% again.

This last trip to the range I tried using an "H" buffer with the carbine spring and it cycled everything I fed it including some .223 PMC Bronze which seems pretty low powered. I'm going to stick with this buffer/spring combo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Start swapping parts that work in other rifles in and out one at a time to isolate variables.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run H2s in with my couple of Noveske 14.5's. Something's wrong. What ammo are you using?
View Quote

What weight are the buffers? Do you Have a way to measure them? Just googled H2 buffers and they range from 2.8oz to 4.5oz. That can make a huge difference.

As far as the Gun: Took it out this morning with my buddies BCG and had the lighter carbine buffer and st-t2 spring in it. Cycled great. started with basic single shots then sped it up to basically a three shot burst and not one issue. Only shot about 10 rds because it wasnt an ideal location due to a lot of neighbors nearby. It was a brand new Spikes Ni-B BCG and their customer service is great from my experience so I'll get ahold of them tomorrow and try to get that taken care of.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to check out the ejector spring. It could be weak.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#8]
An H2 should have two tungsten and one steel buffers. If it doesn't, it isn't an H2.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Issue of ejection problem has been pinpointed to the BCG and that should be able to be resolved with the exchange of a new one since I had just received this one via UPS last week.

Back to the main question of this post, What buffers and springs are you guys running with a 14.5" Mid length system like the Noveske that I have??
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I shoot 5.56. I was using a ST-T2 buffer and Sprinco red buffer spring. It was a good setup and very little felt recoil. I was bored and switched to the Vltor A5 system and it feels like it recoils more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 14.5 Afghan build running ST2, standard spring and Noveske BCG, runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Issue of ejection problem has been pinpointed to the BCG and that should be able to be resolved with the exchange of a new one since I had just received this one via UPS last week.

Back to the main question of this post, What buffers and springs are you guys running with a 14.5" Mid length system like the Noveske that I have??
View Quote

I run H2's with mil-spec carbine springs in my 14.5" Noveske middy's. This DOES NOT mean you can!!! What I run is irrelevant! Every rifle/upper/barrel/whatever is going to be a little different.

My advice: Stick with a carbine buffer and mil-spec carbine action spring while you break in a new rifle/upper/whatever. Make sure you M16/AR-15/whatever bolt carrier is well lubed regardless of fancy coatings. Use 5.56 powered ammunition.

Once you break your rifle in and you have a little better understanding on what's going on, you can play with different weights/springs/whatever.

K.I.S.S.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top