Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2014 11:21:04 PM EDT
Going to be buying 2 matching setups and can't decide between the two. Nowhere anywhere nearby to touch and feel so this is all based off online wanderings. Both cost pretty much the same and definitely the top end of my budget, otherwise I would consider the G.
Weight is not an issue for me, but rigidity and making sure it doesn't spin on me is. I will be using these for 3 gun and other games in 9mm and 5.56.

Which would you choose?

Does the VLTOR MUR come with the hole drilled for the noveske anti rotation pin?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My NSRs wouldn't budge an inch. The index pin really is a solid way to make sure something never moves.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I think most will spout the KMR.

I prefer the NSR, and I don't have any solid reason other than I prefer the appearance and the feel of it.  Some say they like the nut and mounting of the KMR, and I don't understand that.  I have set up both, and have had zero issues with my NSR.

If you are going keymod, have you looked at the Geiselle MK5?  I picked one of those up, too.  I am really digging the Geiselle stuff
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not installed my KMR 13 yet because I'm waiting on my barrel. But, the rail by itself is super, super, friggin light! With such a small O.D., I see it having a really good purchase when aiming. My concern dealing with its press fit is if a gas tube failure ever arised; I wonder how much difficulty will it impose on getting the gas tube changed out. Also, if you are looking for a good deal on one. Exile Machine has the BCM KMR 13 for $234.92. This is where I ordered mine, and they are an ARFCOM Industry Partner.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are very good rail systems. I was pretty impressed with the KMR I installed on a friends rifle. Having said that, the URX4 is my favorite.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
waiting on my kmr 9 for my 10.5" build, its a couple ounces less than the nsr,

after doing a run and gun shoot, i understand how pounds equal pain!.

lighter is my friend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
KMR 7.7 oz>NSR 11oz

Since that is not a concern flip a coin, but the KMR felt thinner to me after shooting them both back to back which I like.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Will the KMR work with NSR rail panels? I have 6 packs of those already from my previous handguard
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the KMR work with NSR rail panels? I have 6 packs of those already from my previous handguard
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Does the VLTOR MUR come with the hole drilled for the noveske anti rotation pin?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

But the NSR panels will be loosey-goosey on the KMR.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

I have NSR panels on KMR and they are just fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

I likewise have NSR panels on my KMR and they are loose. Not falling-off loose but they do move around more than they did on my NSR handguard.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I got three KMRs and transfered the panels off my NSRs and they are tight no wobble....had to take a plastic mallet and coax a few of them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't the finish on the KMR chip off  easily due to the metal used in making the rail? I have read multiple threads attesting to this.

EDIT:

My Noveske MURs have the hole drilled.

My VLTOR MURs do not have the hole.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Doesn't the finish on the KMR chip off  easily due to the metal used in making the rail? I have read multiple threads attesting to this.  

EDIT:

View Quote

Thanks for that info!!

ended up ordering a couple Parallax 13" keymods from Rainier on sale for $150 each so I'll try these. If they don't work like I want them to, then I'll go NSR. Gotta order my Mur's monday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

EDIT:

View Quote

This. The big reason why I went with the NSR is because I found a Noveske MUR upper and snatched it up pretty quick, so I figured I should make use of the hole for the NSR and well I have no regrets with my NSR.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

EDIT:

It only chipoed when I did it on purpose to see if it would, and I used a knife.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top