Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2014 10:00:46 AM EDT
Man this is a great forum!

I know many M&P Sport owners have done most of the legwork long ago and have found the right buffer upgrade to this rifle for 55gr 5.56/.223 that won't break what's left of the bank; the same goes for a 3lb. drop in trigger. If one can realize increased performance by increaseing the buffer to diminsh felt recoil to increase target lock time between shots, that would be a plus for most.

What are your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Man this is a great forum!

I know many M&P Sport owners have done most of the legwork long ago and have found the right buffer upgrade to this rifle for 55gr 5.56/.223 that won't break what's left of the bank; the same goes for a 3lb. drop in trigger. If one can realize increased performance by increaseing the buffer to diminsh felt recoil to increase target lock time between shots, that would be a plus for most.
View Quote

As long as you are running full power ammo, you will easily be able to use an H2 buffer, and even an Extra power action spring like the Sprinco Blue.

What is "Target lock time between shots"?

Not sure why you want a 3# trigger, so I can't help you.  I have many AR triggers and I can talk about triggers I would recommend for a first AR, but you need to tell us a little for about why you are wanting a 3#, and if you prefer 1 or 2 stage.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for response....the jargon escapes me some times....the time it takes to re-acquire a target after a shot and subsequent recoil...

There seems to me a lot of creep or take-up before she lets go...I think a 1 stage 3-3.5 pound trigger would suit my shooting style.

Fodder for research is appreciated..

thanks ")
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The "decreased" recoil from a heavier buffer is mostly psychological.  There is actually more mass reciprocating in the receiver extension which can actually end up feeling like more recoil.  You will improve the timing of the locking / unlocking of the bolt which will cycle the gun cleaner but might make it more difficult to cycle low power ammo under adverse conditions.  Personally, on a gun like the Sport without the forward assist, if you were planning to use it as a duty / SHTF weapon, I'd rather have a gun that was slightly over-gassed to ensure cycling than slightly under-gassed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.

understood.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The Lantac Dragon compensator and a Wilson 3Gun trigger were great upgrades to my sport. The trigger is single stage, super crisp with a very short reset, like a fine 1911 trigger.  Dropped a Vortex 1-4 in a Bobro mount on top and replaced the fore end furniture with a low pro gas block and Rainier Force 15" handguard.  It's turning into a nice little rifle!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I would recommend a good two stage trigger with a total pull through in the four pound range, but with a light second stage just over one pound.  Safe under stress and great for precision work.  The gold standard, and what I put in my M&P 15 lower, is the Geissele SSA-E. And I'd leave the buffer alone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
ALG ACT trigger, improved feel & won't break the bank or sacrifice reliability.
H2 buffer w/Sprinco Blue buffer spring. Test reliability by loading up 10 mags w/1 rd each of the weakest ammo you shoot regularly. If the bolt locks back every time w/those 10 mags then you're gtg.
Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top