Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2014 7:09:18 PM EDT
Has anybody had any experience with this stock? Looks fricken cool!

NEA Stock
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

NEA Stock
View Quote

Yes, what do you want to know?  I will post a few pics, just an FYI it only runs on 5.56/.223 and .300 blackout guns.  It's pricey and not too many folks have them in state.

IMG_7118
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_7111

IMG_7101

IMG_7096

IMG_7093
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Where the heck to you buy one of these?  I have been looking for something like this for a minute.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where the heck to you buy one of these?  I have been looking for something like this for a minute.
View Quote

I sent you an IM
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

edited.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NEA Stock
View Quote

I have one also I do like it although it does require a slightly different method to get your upper and lower apart and I've had issues with mine not wanting to telescope back all the way once it's been fired (little oil fixes it right up), i think it just needs a little working with emery cloth or fine sandpaper.

I haven't had a single malfunction due to this stock or the carrier and spring system and i've probably put 500-800 rounds through it so far.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, what do you want to know?  I will post a few pics, just an FYI it only runs on 5.56/.223 and .300 blackout guns.  It's pricey and not too many folks have them in state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NEA Stock

Just curious more than anything. I like seeing new products like this. Are you limited to forged receivers?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
no...... These are billet receivers in the pics that I posted.

There is 1st gen and a second gen too.  

IMG_5824
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
no...... These are billet receivers in the pics that I posted.

There is 1st gen and a second gen too.  

View Quote

Man that is slick looking! What do you think about the proprietary carrier?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
my carrier isn't the best looking in the world (kind of a strange off grey color and the gas key is a very different color) but again it functions 100%.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The most recent pic I posted and Aeneas2020 posted are of the 1st generation.  The first set of pics that I posted (with white background) are of second gen stocks.  The carrier now comes melonited along with the stock legs which only has two positions now, open and closed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
1st gen model notice the multiple locking positions on the legs...

IMG_5334
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
If I buy one I may have to add a couple extra extension spots myself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's pretty short Aeneas2020 has his fully extended in the photo where he is shooting, and his nose is pretty much on the charging handle.

Another Gen 1 pic.

IMG_5647
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Uhhhhhhh this thread is horrible.  I was already thinking of making a 13.7 pinned to 16 and now this plus I am in the middle of a M4 CQB build too.  Seriously considering some "things"........
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's pretty short Aeneas2020 has his fully extended in the photo where he is shooting, and his nose is pretty much on the charging handle.

Another Gen 1 pic.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/m5VXKG" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7136/13182929834_ce88446e85_c.jpg</a>
IMG_5647
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another Gen 1 pic.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/m5VXKG" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7136/13182929834_ce88446e85_c.jpg</a>
IMG_5647

Just for reference i'm 6'2" and I usually shoot with nose to handle but the LOP is just a little on the short side for me. I could really do with maybe 1 more inch but i'm not complaining seeing as the damn thing basically telescopes down to nothing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
my carrier isn't the best looking in the world (kind of a strange off grey color and the gas key is a very different color) but again it functions 100%.
View Quote

the carrier and extension rods are treated with what it think they called ARC.  when i tried to "blacken" my extension rods no chemical black could do anything , i ended up having to hot oil blue them.

the lower with my ccs stock has sorta become home to my 300blk upper but i've run a few different 5.56 uppers on it also. all have run with no problems , suppressed and un suppressed.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#18]

There are a few places in the states to buy them. I recommend trying to find someone other than engage. They are the ones who famously tried to sell the armatix, then got drunk and called for the murder of politicians on a youtube video, then did an interview with left leaning news sources calling the nra the enemy. Not really someone who deserves your money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/IMAG06522.jpg

There are a few places in the states to buy them. I recommend trying to find someone other than engage. They are the ones who famously tried to sell the armatix, then got drunk and called for the murder of politicians on a youtube video, then did an interview with left leaning news sources calling the nra the enemy. Not really someone who deserves your money.
View Quote

Wow, from Maryland too......  Engage is a stand up company and has done huge things as it pertains to our 2A rights in the state.  They are still fighting for us and some of their recent letters forced the MSP to reverse their decision on a few of their opinions post SB281.  Sorry you don't like the guy but a lot of big firearms companies have made mistakes some worse than Engage and I don't see anyone still talking about it.  If you had to provide a summary of what they did it must not be all that bad.  To see that you are from MD it only makes me think that you have a deeper routed issue with Engage.  Using what they thought about doing (and never even did) is just an excuse to hate on a really good company.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Engage Armament is one of the best gun shops in Maryland and that's mine!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#20]
i remember that video

wayne1one --- i think they're up to at least they're 3rd revision on the stock.  i think the stock in your pic is the 2nd revision as it has the 1 piece buffer tube and locks on both extension bars.

here's an older pic of mine , the buffer tube has a screw on cap and the left side bar has no lock.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow, from Maryland too......  Engage is a stand up company and has done huge things as it pertains to our 2A rights in the state.  They are still fighting for us and some of their recent letters forced the MSP to reverse their decision on a few of their opinions post SB281.  Sorry you don't like the guy but a lot of big firearms companies have made mistakes some worse than Engage and I don't see anyone still talking about it.  If you had to provide a summary of what they did it must not be all that bad.  To see that you are from MD it only makes me think that you have a deeper routed issue with Engage.  Using what they thought about doing (and never even did) is just an excuse to hate on a really good company.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Engage Armament is one of the best gun shops in Maryland and that's mine!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/IMAG06522.jpg

No one talks about it? Troy is a solid no go here. Arms is all but dead. Some here even have shut off noveske since their bad batch of lowers, and many would never do any sort of business with 2a foundation because of their directors brief backing of Toomey manchin. All of these are minor compared to a shop trying to become the primary importer of the armatix. I know that you're the one that takes engages pictures so you are a paid member of their staff. So I see you being in denial, but the crimes against the rest of the gun community by Engage are unforgivable. If he had just been willing to take his lumps it would have been one thing, but his second interview at the range insulting other gun owners and fueling the left wing hate of gun owners, did irreparable damage to all of our image. Nate silver is a good guy. He will continue to write letters even if he hadn't aligned himself with engage. Giving credit to Andy for Nate's hard fought efforts is insulting though. It was actually a bulk order and then complaints lodged by Engage that made the NEA stock require a form 6 to import. Had engage not created the issue the OP could just order his from the ammo source like the rest of us did.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No one talks about it? Troy is a solid no go here. Arms is all but dead. Some here even have shut off noveske since their bad batch of lowers, and many would never do any sort of business with 2a foundation because of their directors brief backing of Toomey manchin. All of these are minor compared to a shop trying to become the primary importer of the armatix. I know that you're the one that takes engages pictures so you are a paid member of their staff. So I see you being in denial, but the crimes against the rest of the gun community by Engage are unforgivable. If he had just been willing to take his lumps it would have been one thing, but his second interview at the range insulting other gun owners and fueling the left wing hate of gun owners, did irreparable damage to all of our image. Nate silver is a good guy. He will continue to write letters even if he hadn't aligned himself with engage. Giving credit to Andy for Nate's hard fought efforts is insulting though. It was actually a bulk order and then complaints lodged by Engage that made the NEA stock require a form 6 to import. Had engage not created the issue the OP could just order his from the ammo source like the rest of us did.
View Quote

First of all I see you are constantly keeping tabs on Engage as you think you know what they are currently doing.  If you were so passionate about not supporting them you sure know a lot about there recent employees and such.  But since you have been lurking from a far let me clarify a few things for you!  I personally like Engage and take pictures of guns as a hobby since I have my own Facebook page that features firearms.  I do not get paid, for the pics nor would I feel comfortable with payments for doing something that I like.  My payment IMO is having access that is all.  Now since you know that Nate works there (which is a recent change) the letters that Andy wrote which I witnessed were written by him (Andy) and they were done prior to Nate even working at the shop.  The Money that he donated during the SB281 fight was directly from his pocket, the petitions that were signed in his shop.  This dude is the only shop in Maryland constantly putting pressure on the MSP.  Now that Nate is working in there he has enlisted his services to put pressure on the MSP, but you are silly if you don't think that these new letters have direct implications to the shop and his business.  His shop name is on the line no matter who he has write the letters since they are being written for their shop.  No other shop has the balls to challenge the MSP, it really doesn't matter who writes it.  What matters is that his name, his business and his livelihood is backing it up!

Man You really sound kinda of delusional when you said "crimes against the gun community" I knew I was dealing with someone special.  Either way I don't want to derail this thread anymore with this nonsense because for some reason you brought up Engage Armament when no one mentioned their name.  The personal discontent with Andy (for whatever reason) just screams in this thread.  From the time you laid out their resume of mistakes to "remind" all of us.  Which I am sure that many of the readers did not even know or you could have just dropped their name and folks would have caught on.

But when you compare Engage to the other companies that you listed above, you have companies that actually did take negative action.  All Engage did was think about doing something and change their minds.  Wow and you say just the thought never acting it out "is crimes against the rest of the gun community".  You need to talk to somebody so you can get this out of your system it might be affecting your day to day life.  Two tips stop trolling Engage and what ever personal problems you have with Andy just let it go man, life is short.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Im going to sidestep the purse fight. I HAD one and other than a certain CDI, it was a horrible stock for me. Its expensive, heavy and laden with ergonomic issues IMHO.

The cheek weld is lousy, and opening the stock is awkward at best. The actual butt plate isnt all that comfortable either. It also introduces non standard parts. For me it's an interesting conversation piece and not an everyday weapon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Im going to sidestep the purse fight. I HAD one and other than a certain CDI, it was a horrible stock for me. Its expensive, heavy and laden with ergonomic issues IMHO.

The cheek weld is lousy, and opening the stock is awkward at best. The actual butt plate isnt all that comfortable either. It also introduces non standard parts. For me it's an interesting conversation piece and not an everyday weapon.
View Quote

+1.  The one I held was rickety and clunky.  It was uncomfortable to shoot.  I had the same evaluation you did as to usability.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#25]
As a small aside, my role at EA is far smaller than each of you seem to believe. The letters/challenges are done by Andy with the assistance of a law firm in Baltimore. I have very little direct impact on those.

As to the stocks, they're interesting. Cheek-weld is iffy (and that is only if you are shooting nose to charging handle). The latest iteration has two positions (opened and closed) and the open position is now a ramped cut. The carriers are looking much more uniform now and are nitrided. The rear of the stock is reminiscent of a meat mallet, but a bit more aggressive. Very interesting concept and conversation piece, but I'm not running a carbine class with one any time soon (though I know some that have.)

All that said, we have started putting the NEA Stocks on pinned 14.7" WOA barreled uppers, and they are cool as none other. It will likely be my next firearm.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Money that he donated during the SB281 fight was directly from his pocket, the petitions that were signed in his shop.  This dude is the only shop in Maryland constantly putting pressure on the MSP. No other shop has the balls to challenge the MSP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I see you being in denial, but the crimes against the rest of the gun community by Engage are unforgivable. If he had just been willing to take his lumps it would have been one thing, but his second interview at the range insulting other gun owners and fueling the left wing hate of gun owners, did irreparable damage to all of our image. Nate silver is a good guy. He will continue to write letters even if he hadn't aligned himself with engage. Giving credit to Andy for Nate's hard fought efforts is insulting though. It was actually a bulk order and then complaints lodged by Engage that made the NEA stock require a form 6 to import.

The Money that he donated during the SB281 fight was directly from his pocket, the petitions that were signed in his shop.  This dude is the only shop in Maryland constantly putting pressure on the MSP. No other shop has the balls to challenge the MSP

It seems you have blinders on Wayne. There are MANY other shops in MD doing their part to help challenge MSP over their mistakes in how they interpret SB281. Monetary donations, petitions, roster submissions, letters........ you really think Engage is the only one doing it? No, they're not. Not by a long shot. Just because you don't see other shops publicly talking about them doesn't mean they're not doing it. If you want to go around saying Engage is the only one, fine. Thats your right, even though you're 100% wrong. But saying all the others shops don't have the balls to challenge MSP is total BS and insulting to the MD firearms community. And for as much as you say Engage is the only one, not a single representative from Engage was at this year's dealer seminar with MSP a few weeks ago. How are they helping when they don't even show up?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Double. Please delete.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It seems you have blinders on Wayne. There are MANY other shops in MD doing their part to help challenge MSP over their mistakes in how they interpret SB281. Monetary donations, petitions, roster submissions, letters........ you really think Engage is the only one doing it? No, they're not. Not by a long shot. Just because you don't see other shops publicly talking about them doesn't mean they're not doing it. If you want to go around saying Engage is the only one, fine. Thats your right, even though you're 100% wrong. But saying all the others shops don't have the balls to challenge MSP is total BS and insulting to the MD firearms community. And for as much as you say Engage is the only one, not a single representative from Engage was at this year's dealer seminar with MSP a few weeks ago. How are they helping when they don't even show up?
View Quote

I can respect that Flipz and I know where your going.  I have great respect for other shops in Maryland, including yours.  I was speaking in haste and a little pissed off when I wrote my previous statement.  It is hard to know what's going on behind the scene especially when it is not shared publicly.  I know you have a vantage point that I don't have and I am glad that you guys are helping in the fight too!  I should say that Engage is ballsy for publicly calling out the MSP for their interpretation of SB281.  Either way I know Duffy's, Freestate, Atlantic, and other shops have been in the fight because they share that info.  I am not close to Mark or 2A and he just doesn't post info like that so I don't know what is going on.  But from your response I guess you guys are doing your best to help out.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Stickman, back on topic.......  Oh I see your close to that 100K mark of FB,  I am getting to my 10K mark
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I want one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#32]
It's a decent strong stock. I hated the butt pad and the break down procedure so i changed it up a little.

I added QD attachment points on both sides of a custom 3d printed butt and made a custom buffer tube to break it down traditionally.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's a decent strong stock. I hated the butt pad and the break down procedure so i changed it up a little.

I added QD attachment points on both sides of a custom 3d printed butt and made a custom buffer tube to break it down traditionally.
<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/nea1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/nea1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/imagejpg1.jpg</a>
View Quote

In that case I made my own version from scratch. Longer with full carbine length tube, multiple stock positions and carbon rods.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#34]

6.75" barrel, 21" OAL

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:46:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Just got mine. Here it is on my 300BLK suppressed SBR.

Trying to figure out what to do about a sling now that I had to ditch the Magpul ASAP that used to be my rear attachment point.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Safety Harbor is working on a prototype of their own version fyi.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I would love to see a detailed review of this stock compared to the new Troy PDW stock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I just saw them in a catalog from Brownells, so they'll probably be more available now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just saw them in a catalog from Brownells, so they'll probably be more available now.
View Quote

Also just found this on RSR Group - a Distributor.  Troy is releasing their own version, albeit more expensive but also in FDE.  To note theirs does appear to have a couple improvements.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting, I'd be interesting in seeing the improvements
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Primary that I see is the multiple slots for open length.  Also looks like a change to lock up but havent seen notes on it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Primary that I see is the multiple slots for open length.  Also looks like a change to lock up but havent seen notes on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lockup mechanism is at the bottom. There's a video on YouTube about it but I can't look it up right now. Ultimately I want to see one of the nea vs troy vs LWRC. They all seem similar yet slightly different.

Worst case scenario, I have a buddy with the nea and I should be picking up the troy as soon as it's available on RSR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gentlemen, not sure where this thread started originally, but it's in Tech now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#45]
The Troy's stock is $500 msrp...  I would rather get the NEA stock from that company in MD...just sayin.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Troy's stock is $500 msrp...  I would rather get the NEA stock from that company in MD...just sayin.
View Quote

Dealer cost for it is $353 in both black and FDE so it will problably be sold somewhere around $425
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#47]
primary arms had the troy version a little while back , i believe it was going for $399.99.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#48]
bravo company now has them for 349.00, also that 3d printed butt pad looks sick!!, do you have the file for it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

primary arms had the troy version a little while back , i believe it was going for $399.99.
View Quote
Brownells has the NEA version for $330, $300 if your .mil or a FFL.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also noticed something else today, the TROY set comes with a complete bolt assembly including bolt, cam, firing pin, etc whereas the NEA stock does not, it comes with a bolt carrier but it appears all the other stuff has to be purchased separately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top