Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 2:43:20 PM EDT
Rifle has a Daniel chf chrome lined barrel with a mi ss gen2. After 3-4 mags, the handguard gets hot as hell.

Are adding chunks of pic rail with some sort of covers my only option?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Rifle has a Daniel chf chrome lined barrel with a mi ss gen2. After 3-4 mags, the handguard gets hot as hell.

View Quote

Strange.  I have a MI SS9 series Gen1 handgaurd and I never noticed a heat problem...not even really warm at all.  I am not doing serious mag dumps though.   It covers a stainless bull barrel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Strange.  I have a MI SS9 series Gen1 handgaurd and I never noticed a heat problem...not even really warm at all.  I am not doing serious mag dumps though.   It covers a stainless bull barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bull barrel is probably why since it takes a lot more shots to get it hot.  About all I can think of for the OP is gloves.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
My PSA build with MI rail just got XTM panels for the same reason.  Two mags, and it was warmer than I preferred to hold onto.

I haven't tried it out yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it a pencil barrel?  I get the same problem with my SSK
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe something like this tucked inside the handguard.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome  ordering the mi rail covers
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Mechanix Gloves. Seriously
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mechanix Gloves. Seriously
View Quote

Ive got them, but dont want to have to run gloves alll the time. And, if i hand the rifle off to a friend to shoot, i dont want them to have to always exchange gloves too
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#12]
My Spikes BAR 2 came with an integrated heat shield.  Works well.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome  ordering the mi rail covers
View Quote

Report back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow. Seriously impressed. They work great. Put 100 rounds through it in less then 20 mins and never wore a glove.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Mechanix glove on support hand.  Seriously, if the rail is getting that hot.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mechanix glove on support hand.  Seriously, if the rail is getting that hot.
View Quote

If you read my comments, I didn't want to wear a glove every time I shoot, along with if I have some family or friends shoot the rifle, I didnt want them to have to put a glove on just to shoot.

These rail covers work great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
There is a company here local to me in San Diego that makes these heat wraps. They don't look to bad of a design.

http://orcaarms.com/index.php/tactical-gear/t-r-a-p-temperature-reduction-and-protective-wrap.html
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

There is a company here local to me in San Diego that makes these heat wraps. They don't look to bad of a design.

http://orcaarms.com/index.php/tactical-gear/t-r-a-p-temperature-reduction-and-protective-wrap.html
View Quote
They look like low temp suppressor covers...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top