Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2014 7:03:34 AM EDT
Hey guys. Im in the process of a new build. I want to run a 18" SS barrel.  Im looking at the wilson combat 18" SS barrels. One comes 18" rifle length gas, with 1/7 twist. The other is 18" SS mid length gas, with 1/8 twist. I really like the mid length gas system but I'm not sure on the 1/8 twist. This will be a long range tack driver. Will i be able to support heavier 75-77 grain with the 1/8 twist? I would love the 1/7 twist but i dont want the rifle length gas system. Thanks for any help guys.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
1/8 is fine for 77gr. pills. Personally I'd get the rifle length gas on a 18".
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I had really thought about the rifle length gas system. The problem is i want to run a Fortis Rev 14" rail but i dont think that will cover the gas block on the rifle length system.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had really thought about the rifle length gas system. The problem is i want to run a Fortis Rev 14" rail but i dont think that will cover the gas block on the rifle length system.
View Quote

It should cover just fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1/8 is fine for 77gr. pills. Personally I'd get the rifle length gas on a 18".
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to worry, a 14" Fortis covers a rifle gas block with room to spare.  I'm running an 18" with the Fortis gas block in this picture.  The leading edge is about midway up the pic rail section.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top