Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 2:56:20 AM EDT
What is the best method to install a 14.5" barrel with pinned and welded hider with attention to the gas block tube? I have not tried to install it yet but right now I have the barrel nut On of course and the gas block  is on the with the pin in. I also have the gas tube currently installed the with the pin through that as well. I just have a standard barrel nut for a Fortis rail. I just want to know the best way to keep that gas tube out of the way
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Remove the gas tube
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remove the gas tube
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remove the gas tube
View Quote

FPNI

No way around this. It has to come out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok....I can easily do that but then what? Installl barrel, tighten to spec, then slide gas block back into position with Gas tube into upper?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok....I can easily do that but then what? Installl barrel, tighten to spec, then slide gas block back into position with Gas tube into upper?
View Quote

Then install the gas tube.  You can leave the gas block in place.  Install barrel with everything but gas tube installed.  Slide gas tube into upper, then pull it forward back into the gas block and pin it back in place.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Then install the gas tube.  You can leave the gas block in place.  Install barrel with everything but gas tube installed.  Slide gas tube into upper, then pull it forward back into the gas block and pin it back in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep this is the way I would say to do it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
On a 14.5 upper shouldnt he have enough room to unpin the gasblock temporarily, slide it forward on the barrel, tighten down the barrel nut then reinstall the gasblock/tube?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On a 14.5 upper shouldnt he have enough room to unpin the gasblock temporarily, slide it forward on the barrel, tighten down the barrel nut then reinstall the gasblock/tube?
View Quote

Yes, but it'll be way easier to remove the gas tube.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top