Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
After getting no response from my e-mail requesting a status update ... called them this afternoon ... they couldn't find my order in the system ... EVEN WITH a last name and an order number.   FINALLY they found it ... "oh yeah ... we just got that order together ... it'll go out tomorrow" !!!    This order was for 2 .300BLK rifle kits ... it's not like they had to go pull all of parts to make a kit ... go to the bin ... get two kits ... put in box ...tell UPS to get it ... WILL NOT be doing business with them again, regardless of price.   As a model for how business SHOULD be done ... I ordered a couple hundred dollars worth of misc. stuff from Brownell's late Sunday night ... got a confirmation before I woke up ... got a tracking number a few hours later, and delivery is scheduled for WEDNESDAY !!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It must be bizarro world;  I put in an order with Palmetto State at 10 AM on Friday, and UPS has it arriving WEDNESDAY.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After getting no response from my e-mail requesting a status update ... called them this afternoon ... they couldn't find my order in the system ... EVEN WITH a last name and an order number.   FINALLY they found it ... "oh yeah ... we just got that order together ... it'll go out tomorrow" !!!    This order was for 2 .300BLK rifle kits ... it's not like they had to go pull all of parts to make a kit ... go to the bin ... get two kits ... put in box ...tell UPS to get it ... WILL NOT be doing business with them again, regardless of price.   As a model for how business SHOULD be done ... I ordered a couple hundred dollars worth of misc. stuff from Brownell's late Sunday night ... got a confirmation before I woke up ... got a tracking number a few hours later, and delivery is scheduled for WEDNESDAY !!!
View Quote

Curious, but with the myriad of options/vendors out there, why did you roll the dice with a complete unknown?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i was hoping to report in on my purchase today, but USPS had other plans.

the reason i decided to post anyway, was because i made two purchases this morning from two other "reputable" known shops, 80% arms, and PSA and my PSA order wont ship until the end of the month, and my 80% arms order wont ship for another week, so me as a noobie to the AR scene and using my snap-shot of my first 3 online AR deals, Daytona Tac seems to be right in line with what apparently is the norm in the AR world.

its all  pathetic in my book, but it is what it is.

if this DT guy is dicking around with the forum, then i guess something should be done, (if anything really can be done) but from my perspective, its just another little guy trying to get to the big pond.

i made this purchase as somewhat of a mistake, i thought this guy was "daytona defence & tactical"....after a few beers it all looked the same.

ill have my stuff tomorrow, and my build will continue.

My only complaint was that i was not informed up front, that it would take an extra week to fill and ship my order....at least 80% told me that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i was hoping to report in on my purchase today, but USPS had other plans.

the reason i decided to post anyway, was because i made two purchases this morning from two other "reputable" known shops, 80% arms, and PSA and my PSA order wont ship until the end of the month, and my 80% arms order wont ship for another week, so me as a noobie to the AR scene and using my snap-shot of my first 3 online AR deals, Daytona Tac seems to be right in line with what apparently is the norm in the AR world.

its all  pathetic in my book, but it is what it is.

if this DT guy is dicking around with the forum, then i guess something should be done, (if anything really can be done) but from my perspective, its just another little guy trying to get to the big pond.

i made this purchase as somewhat of a mistake, i thought this guy was "daytona defence & tactical"....after a few beers it all looked the same.

ill have my stuff tomorrow, and my build will continue.

My only complaint was that i was not informed up front, that it would take an extra week to fill and ship my order....at least 80% told me that.
View Quote
Got no clue about 80% arms, but PSA has a known history of slower shipping.  Not excellent selections to prove your point.  Lots of advertisers at the top of the page will get your stuff here inside a week for sure.  Most will ship the same day if order in the morning.  Pretty much all ship by the next day with exceptions of weekends or holiday.  So no I don't think you are right in line with the AR world.  But whatever floats your boat.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Curious, but with the myriad of options/vendors out there, why did you roll the dice with a complete unknown?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are all people associated with the company putting on a fake front.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
this will be my final post in this wayward thread.

today i went over to the post office to get my receivers.

the clerk at the desk retrieves my parcel, dose a quick scan, and says: "Oh"....oh, what? i retort....there was not enough postage on this parcel, she states...

Me: so what dose that mean?

clerk:...ah, well, someone owes the PO .15 cents.

me: are you F**kin kidding me?...heres your 15 cents.

this was a first for me, ive done thousands of dollars of transactions on the inter-web over the last two decades and NEVER had a vendor pull this shit.

it was a simple over sight, but frankly i could not in good concision recommend doing business with Daytona Tactical.

but now i have some receivers to mill and build. condition is fine, no blems in the anodizing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Did DT ever scam enough people here to send them their CC info?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]
So I stumbled across this thread trying to do a little research on this company.. Pretty hilarious so far.

Anyhow, I bought a complete BCG advertised as AO Precision off eBay from a guy... It was a really good deal and I had been drinking a bit. Being that it came from FL I thought maybe he was an employee dumping some excess product. After googling his name, it appears he is/was one of the owners of DT.

The BCG looks pretty legit. Good finish, excellent staking (similar to Colt/Spikes), gas key and extractor are both machined, not MIM as allot of current production is. The chrome lining of the carrier and key both look nice uniform. The extractor had proper spring, insert, and o-ring. I haven't had a chance to run it but I'll come back and update if there is any issues.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#10]
FWIW ... sorry I haven't responded back here lately, but, in the long run, everything went fine.   It took a while getting here, but the kits went together well in some Anderson lowers I had, and all is well.   The stocks and rails are UTG ... gas blocks are TROY ... no markings on the uppers that I can find, and all of the parts went together without issue.   I stoned the trigger parts a bit, and they seem to be hardened properly.   Comes with M-16 style BCG.   Charging handle is identical to my Rock River.   The fit to my Anderson lowers was outstanding ... MAYBE a couple of thousandths of wiggle ... nearly undetectable.   All in all, except for delivery and attitude, it was a good deal ... I managed to build some .300BLK rifles for right at $500 not including sights or magazines ... pretty good deal overall.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FWIW ... sorry I haven't responded back here lately, but, in the long run, everything went fine.   It took a while getting here, but the kits went together well in some Anderson lowers I had, and all is well.   The stocks and rails are UTG ... gas blocks are TROY ... no markings on the uppers that I can find, and all of the parts went together without issue.   I stoned the trigger parts a bit, and they seem to be hardened properly.   Comes with M-16 style BCG.   Charging handle is identical to my Rock River.   The fit to my Anderson lowers was outstanding ... MAYBE a couple of thousandths of wiggle ... nearly undetectable.   All in all, except for delivery and attitude, it was a good deal ... I managed to build some .300BLK rifles for right at $500 not including sights or magazines ... pretty good deal overall.
View Quote

I'll believe it when someone with a real post count with a join date before Dec 14, 2012 posts pics of rifle and receipt.

Until then, you are pulling arfcom's leg.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a jig from them, took a week to get here, which is about normal.  I don't have a 2012 join date, but I do have a jig.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I just now joined the group and hope to get great info in the future.
A few days ago I checked the addresses of Daytona Tactical and Daytona Defense Tactical using Google Maps.  They are within 10 minutes walking distance of each other so I sent an email to both companies, asking each one if they are related companies.   No response from either.
About a week ago I ordered an 80% AR15 lower from Daytona Tactical.  We'll see.  They didn't have any issues charging my card for the lower and the associated shipping.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Gotta be a record number of first posts in this thread.  Does the league office keep stats on stuff like that?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been reading stuff on here for a long time. Just never had anything to say until this thread came up.
And NOW I see there is a third Daytona company.  Daytona Custom Tactical.  I wonder how many versions of Daytona Tactical there are?  I don't believe these are different companies.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Daytona Tactical = ELITE ALUMINUM PRODUCTS INC.

From their FAQ - http://daytonatactical.com/pages/ar-15-frequently-asked-questions

SALES

Do to the nature of the products offered for sale through Daytonatactical.com by Elite Aluminum Products, all sales are final and are non returnable.
View Quote

So, using that, we find that a drive from one advertised location to the other is 4 mins

Daytona Tactical
920 Carswell Ave
Holly Hill, Fl. 32117
The read near the bottom

to

ELITE ALUMINUM PRODUCTS INC.
1538 GARDEN STREET
HOLLY HILL, FL 32117
EAP info here

*******************************************************************************************************************
DAYTONA DEFENSE & TACTICAL= DAYTONA C N C INC

Both of which are a 2 minute to a 6 minute drive from either of the previous locations.

DAYTONA DEFENSE & TACTICAL is a fictitious name (Business name?) filled by DAYTONA CNC INC.
618 RIDGEWOOD AVE
HOLLY HILL, FL 32117

DDT info here

DAYTONA C N C INC
618 RIDGEWOOD AVE
HOLLY HILL, FL 32117
Here is the Registered info

Does this all really matter? Does there appear to be any obvious connection between the companies other than an suspiciously close physical address? Will we ever find out how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center?

I really don't know but I'm bored.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Daytona Tactical seems to have a following on facebook with some happy customers.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I sure would like to know if any of the critics here actually have had a bad experience with these guys ... or is it just suspicion, hearsay, or out & out snobbiness ???

I wasn't real happy with them about their timing, but, in their defense, I know that they had shipped one order that the Post Office lost, which would account for part of the delay.   The parts were all of good quality ... everything went together without a hitch ... all parts fit my Anderson lowers, and all three rifles function just fine ... all at a great bottom dollar ...

"WHERE'S THE BEEF" ??? ??? ???
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I sure would like to know if any of the critics here actually have had a bad experience with these guys ... or is it just suspicion, hearsay, or out & out snobbiness ???

I wasn't real happy with them about their timing, but, in their defense, I know that they had shipped one order that the Post Office lost, which would account for part of the delay.   The parts were all of good quality ... everything went together without a hitch ... all parts fit my Anderson lowers, and all three rifles function just fine ... all at a great bottom dollar ...

View Quote
The critics are about the pretend "shill" advertising, trying to make people think they are average consumers.  We all know better based on post count, content, login dates, and last posts.  Who cares if they are any good whatsoever?  The point is they try to gain free advertising on a paid site, and try to fool the end customer.  That shows they think we are fools.  I do not trade with businesses who take their customer for fools, period.  What you do with your money and people who think you are a fool is your business.

THERE IS THE BEEF!!!

EDIT: and since you use Anderson I see it doesn't bother you.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

No beef from me, I did even post that they have had happy customers on facebook (not something that would be easy to fake I would assume.)

I was just bored and drunk so I figured I would do a little research and see what I came up with.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#22]
The critics are about the pretend "shill" advertising, trying to make people think they are average consumers.  We all know better based on post count, content, login dates, and last posts.

For starters ... I AM an "AVERAGE CONSUMER" ... I have NO affiliation with this company other than as a somewhat satisfied customer.   It offends me that you claim to know otherwise without the slightest bit of knowledge about me.  

The point is they try to gain free advertising on a paid site, and try to fool the end customer.  That shows they think we are fools.  I do not trade with businesses who take their customer for fools, period.  What you do with your money and people who think you are a fool is your business.  

No one can make a fool out of you .. EXCEPT YOU .. and so far, it appears you are doing a very convincing job of it.

And THERE is the basis for my simple observation about SNOBBISHNESS !!!

I didn't realize there was a "LAW" here that a company couldn't be discussed or even mentioned without this kind of crap just because they weren't paid advertisers.   Hell ... did you ever consider the possibility that they don't even know that this site exists ???

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The critics are about the pretend "shill" advertising, trying to make people think they are average consumers.  We all know better based on post count, content, login dates, and last posts.
For starters ... I AM an "AVERAGE CONSUMER" ... I have NO affiliation with this company other than as a somewhat satisfied customer.   It offends me that you claim to know otherwise without the slightest bit of knowledge about me.  
 The point is they try to gain free advertising on a paid site, and try to fool the end customer.  That shows they think we are fools.  I do not trade with businesses who take their customer for fools, period.  What you do with your money and people who think you are a fool is your business.  
No one can make a fool out of you .. EXCEPT YOU .. and so far, it appears you are doing a very convincing job of it.
And THERE is the basis for my simple observation about SNOBBISHNESS !!!
I didn't realize there was a "LAW" here that a company couldn't be discussed or even mentioned without this kind of crap just because they weren't paid advertisers.   Hell ... did you ever consider the possibility that they don't even know that this site exists ???
View Quote
Anderson did the same thing Daytona did.  They made it popular.  Now people have forgotten because they are cheap, or like you never knew or kept up with this site until recently.  And finally there are rules on this board about advertising, maybe read them someday before inserting your foot in your mouth. Watch your mouth on who you are calling a fool(there are rules about stuff like that too).

oh yea, I don't care if you are affiliated with them or not, it ain't about you, it's about a principle.  Do you have any?

Keyboard warriors make me laugh.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Anderson did the same thing Daytona did.  They made it popular.  Now people have forgotten because they are cheap, or like you never knew or kept up with this site until recently.  And finally there are rules on this board about advertising, maybe read them someday before inserting your foot in your mouth. Watch your mouth on who you are calling a fool(there are rules about stuff like that too).
oh yea, I don't care if you are affiliated with them or not, it ain't about you, it's about a principle.  Do you have any?

You are correct in that I have not read the LAWS here regarding advertising ... and, there is good reason for that ... I AM NOT ADVERTISING FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING ... in case you haven't noticed, Your Highness ... most of my posts regarding this company were either neutral or negative ... not exactly what I would call advertising.   I was simply participating in what I thought was an open discussion as an impartial observer ... stating facts based on my personal experience, all relative to the topic at hand.   And to that point ... your interest/participation was WHAT ???   To belittle everyone who innocently participated in the discussion without giving anyone so doing the benefit of the doubt ???   Did your inflammatory comments contribute a singe thing to the discussion ???   And, YOU are warning ME to watch out for rules infractions !!!   HA !!!

As to your disparaging comments about my principles (or lack thereof)  ... I, at least don't look down my nose and judge others without any factual basis whatsoever, of which you are obviously guilty ... if that makes you a fool ... so be it.   You are the one making the case for that charge ... not me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Deleted.... Too much drama for me.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#27]
And who knows?  Maybe they will gain that fickle love like Anderson did!  They were the kings of shills here, and then suddenly when the lower market dried up, and they pumped out those ugly horse stamped lowers by the thousands for dirt cheap...all is forgiven.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#28]
[b]  
We have no problem with people discussing a new business. We do have a problem if that company uses underhanded tactics to try and gain exposure.

Since many here have seen just about every type of shill here over the years, they have become jaded to threads like these.

If you've tried the product, and you've had no problems, that is great to hear. That doesn't mean we didn't get several other accounts that were shills.

View Quote

I have no complaint whatsoever with anyone being suspicious of activity that they think may be out of line.   It appears to me that most of the activity in question happened long before I became a member here.   I found this particular thread by GOOGLING "Daytona Tactical Reviews" ... nothing more ..  nothing less.   When I chose to participate in it and tell of my experiences with them (good or bad), I suddenly became the subject of ridicule by more than one member here.   Do ANY of you think this is in any way a FAIR approach.   Does anybody new or old get the benefit of doubt around here, or are we all simply judged to be guilty of something we never even knew existed ??   I have read on other forums where folks here were generally considered to be "stuffy" and "snobs" ... I would have to agree that there are SOME here who fit that description to a "T".   Fortunately (I believe) that seems to apply to a small minority, but it is still offensive to be a target of those individuals for absolutely no good reason.   SUSPICION is one thing ... ACCUSATION is another matter altogether.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have no complaint whatsoever with anyone being suspicious of activity that they think may be out of line.   It appears to me that most of the activity in question happened long before I became a member here.   I found this particular thread by GOOGLING "Daytona Tactical Reviews" ... nothing more ..  nothing less.   When I chose to participate in it and tell of my experiences with them (good or bad), I suddenly became the subject of ridicule by more than one member here.   Do ANY of you think this is in any way a FAIR approach.   Does anybody new or old get the benefit of doubt around here, or are we all simply judged to be guilty of something we never even knew existed ??   I have read on other forums where folks here were generally considered to be "stuffy" and "snobs" ... I would have to agree that there are SOME here who fit that description to a "T".   Fortunately (I believe) that seems to apply to a small minority, but it is still offensive to be a target of those individuals for absolutely no good reason.   SUSPICION is one thing ... ACCUSATION is another matter altogether.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]  
We have no problem with people discussing a new business. We do have a problem if that company uses underhanded tactics to try and gain exposure.

Since many here have seen just about every type of shill here over the years, they have become jaded to threads like these.

If you've tried the product, and you've had no problems, that is great to hear. That doesn't mean we didn't get several other accounts that were shills.

Who would google Daytona Tactical tho? It's some random unknown company. (With sketchy business tactics might I add) You still come off as suspicious because of how much you care and how bent out of shape you were, but IF and that's a big if, you arent associated with them, I suggest you stay away from a company with shady ass business tactics.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I doubt you're going to believe me anyway, but here goes ... I GOOGLED "Daytona Tactical Reviews" ... and it brought me HERE !!!    The reason for the search was that a friend of mine found Daytona Tactical a few years ago, and while he was in Daytona for a Bike Week trip, he stopped by and got a nice tour.   We were looking at building a couple of low bucks .300BLK guns and he found their website which had some very favorably prices.   I did the GOOGLE search, looking for REVIEWS, and wound up back here.

Go back and read my posts ... if I was trying to get them some free advertising ... that is not what they would have wanted me to say.   We bought the Anderson lowers the same way ... found a great price on them ... did a little research ... bought a few based on that info.   Everything went together just fine ... Anderson lowers seem as good as most, better than some ... and you guys have the nerve to discredit them in this thread because their company logo is (in your opinion) UGLY ???   I don't know about you guys ... but from my vantage point, the side of my rifle is not what I'm looking at when the gun is in use.   Altogether, the supplied parts were just a few pennies under $480.00 + shipping & FFL fees ... I'm going to be building a few more in the near future ... if you can recommend someone who can touch that price, I'll be more than happy to buy from your advertisers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I am the one that called the rollmark ugly.  Who cares?  It is just an opinion.  Means nothing.  The lowers are in spec, so enjoy your rifle.

This thread has reached its end, I am sure.

As for discrediting Anderson, calm down.  Most here know about the shill tactics they used on this very site, over and over again.  Have the nerve?  You don't even know what they attempted, or you may understand.  Now you come off like an Anderson fanboy, and the things that were posted were not all that harmful, really.  You took that way too seriously.

Post pictures of your rifles, boys.  It would be much more interesting to discuss built rifles, and how they shoot.

Good lord...
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, this is an interesting thread. Enough to turn a cautious buyer like myself away.

But heres how I got here since that seems to be the real topic of the thread.

I search "AR pistol kit", Daytona Tactical is at the top of the list?

I search "Daytona Tactical review" and now I'm here. Not the results I was hopping for (the kits are priced well), but the results I got none the less.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey guys this is my fist post.
Being the prince of Nigeria is a tough job scamming people out of their money and occupies most of my time, but I did order 80% lowers from DT. I'll let you know how it turns out.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I doubt you're going to believe me anyway, but here goes ... I GOOGLED "Daytona Tactical Reviews" ... and it brought me HERE !!!    The reason for the search was that a friend of mine found Daytona Tactical a few years ago, and while he was in Daytona for a Bike Week trip, he stopped by and got a nice tour.   We were looking at building a couple of low bucks .300BLK guns and he found their website which had some very favorably prices.   I did the GOOGLE search, looking for REVIEWS, and wound up back here.

Go back and read my posts ... if I was trying to get them some free advertising ... that is not what they would have wanted me to say.   We bought the Anderson lowers the same way ... found a great price on them ... did a little research ... bought a few based on that info.   Everything went together just fine ... Anderson lowers seem as good as most, better than some ... and you guys have the nerve to discredit them in this thread because their company logo is (in your opinion) UGLY ???   I don't know about you guys ... but from my vantage point, the side of my rifle is not what I'm looking at when the gun is in use.   Altogether, the supplied parts were just a few pennies under $480.00 + shipping & FFL fees ... I'm going to be building a few more in the near future ... if you can recommend someone who can touch that price, I'll be more than happy to buy from your advertisers.
View Quote

I actually don't even dislike their logo. Matter of fact I have an Anderson lower 2 feet away from me as I type this. But they did shill up this place at one point in time, like Daytona Tactical is in this thread. Mixed with the fact i've had to deal with their VP who is a PITA and the guy that runs their facebook pages was the only other person I could get ahold of about a problem with my order, and that mother fucker came off as being about 15. I then figured out how to resolve that order, (with their rep) and it still sat unfilled for weeks. Combined with at least 4-5 other problems i've had with their half-assed ran company. So as a company, I hate Anderson mfg. I like their lowers tho.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I search "AR pistol kit", Daytona Tactical is at the top of the list?

I search "Daytona Tactical review" and now I'm here. Not the results I was hopping for (the kits are priced well), but the results I got none the less.

View Quote

Don't let the attitude of these guys sway your opinion about Daytona Tactical ... as I stated, I placed two orders with them ... both orders were for .300BLK complete rifle kits.   One order took almost three weeks to arrive (and, I have proof that the delay was largely due to a USPS screwup) ... the second order took 3 days.   The parts I received were all of high quality and Made in the USA.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuzzy,
Ain't nobody got any attitude towards you.  It's the practices of the company and their advertising. I could see where you take personal being suspected of being their shill.  Then you go post telling everybody, don't worry they will come through in the end.  And then there are the rest of us who just get pissed off at shill advertising.  We take it personal that they try to fool us into thinking their method is serious.  So without calling you out....those us us that can't stand them, having never used, well it's about them insulting our intelligence.  

A persons street cred on the board will tend to drop when somebody overtly supports shills.  Just a public service announcement.  You don't have to listen.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#37]
So, someone made a possible connection with a couple other Holly Hills machining/tactical etc. companies on page 3 of this thread. Well one of them apparently hired a couple of Tactical Machining's employees who had stolen customer lists and plans from TM. I will try to post a link......

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130916/NEWS/130919561

Doesn't mention Daytona Tactical but if they are connected???

Bill
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I am new !
But for what it's worth I ordered a DT Blackout kit in OCT.
Kit came in about 5 days. I have it 50% done IMO its a good kit for the money so far.
Will let you all know how it turns out when I shoot it.
Right now I am getting my 300 AAC dies set up and will be loading 125gr sst and 150 sst to start with.
Will back the lead with IMR4227 as I have found a lot of it.
I will  be using a polymar 80 lower ( this should be interesting)
How I found them was on the 10th page of a search for a cheap 300 kit.
We will see. We will  see.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am new !
But for what it's worth I ordered a DT Blackout kit in OCT.
Kit came in about 5 days. I have it 50% done IMO its a good kit for the money so far.
Will let you all know how it turns out when I shoot it.
Right now I am getting my 300 AAC dies set up and will be loading 125gr sst and 150 sst to start with.
Will back the lead with IMR4227 as I have found a lot of it.
I will  be using a polymar 80 lower ( this should be interesting)
How I found them was on the 10th page of a search for a cheap 300 kit.
We will see. We will  see.
View Quote

Welcome. Where in Fl are you? Any pics of the kit?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Bonita
I do not have any pictures now but it would be the same as they show on the site.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL. Now be honest... how many "senior" members here created new accounts to add to this thread.

As funny as it is, I dont believe even the shilliest of shills is persistent enough to make THAT many accounts.

Thank you all for the entertainment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Obviously I am mostly a lurker here, but at least my join date is in '08.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Obviously I am mostly a lurker here, but at least my join date is in '08.
View Quote

You made an account 6 years ago and never used it. That doesn't mean anything special. We got members here from 2001 with hundreds of thousands of helpful posts. I'm not going to reply to this again to avoid pissing moderators off like I usually do, but this comment you made was just downright derp.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm growing tired of this damn thread showing up in my email without any pics or relevant posts...

I think I'm going to pick up a rail any other random part that I need from them this weekend.

I do see some rails that "ain't too ugly" on there. In all seriousness, since there's a couple I can't seem to find anywhere else,  I wonder if any of their rails are made in house.

What sucks is that I was looking for a 9" but they go from 7 to 10 on their site.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm growing tired of this damn thread showing up in my email without any pics or relevant posts...

I think I'm going to pick up a rail any other random part that I need from them this weekend.

I do see some rails that "ain't too ugly" on there. In all seriousness, since there's a couple I can't seem to find anywhere else,  I wonder if any of their rails are made in house.

What sucks is that I was looking for a 9" but they go from 7 to 10 on their site.
View Quote
WOW, so sad to me that their shill advertising is actually working.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And who knows?  Maybe they will gain that fickle love like Anderson did!  They were the kings of shills here, and then suddenly when the lower market dried up, and they pumped out those ugly horse stamped lowers by the thousands for dirt cheap...all is forgiven.

View Quote

FWIW, I remembered all that and chose to pay $10 more for an Aero lower during the black Friday sales for that reason.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'll believe it when someone with a real post count with a join date before Dec 14, 2012 posts pics of rifle and receipt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lug1 joined in Jan2013.

I knew that guy was a shill . Probably to advertise how much more durable QPQ is over chrome.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Lug1 joined in Jan2013.

I knew that guy was a shill . Probably to advertise how much more durable QPQ is over chrome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lug1 joined in Jan2013.

BUSTED  FWIW I love my 2 nitride barrels.  Now my FN CHF barrels.............. Live to shill another day, 13er's and all.  333874

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
FWIW, I remembered all that and chose to pay $10 more for an Aero lower during the black Friday sales for that reason. 272152!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

319881!

FWIW, I remembered all that and chose to pay $10 more for an Aero lower during the black Friday sales for that reason. 272152!
What's kinda funny is I was not even a member yet when Anderson was doing its finest shill act.  Yet I still read and knew that it was wrong and they were insulting peoples intelligence??  Back then I had never even thought about joining or buying into membership.  Then there was the perfect storm.  Better late than never, but I am a 13'er forever. 333874!

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#50]
just a question for those who use Frog Lube, don't you think it is the best CLP/gun lube in the entire world?

An added benefit is that you get to heat your guns with a hair dryer during application.

Frog Lube FTW.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top