Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 8:15:04 AM EDT
I'm looking for the cheapest yet decent quality Non-Chrome Lined 16" M4 profile barrel.   They will be used to make a training devise for law enforcement and military, have custom machining done and not used for live fire.  Currently I need 25 of them for a project at work, with the potential for more in the future.  Potentially several hundred each year so this could become a good opportunity for a supply base. If anyone can recommend a place to get them ASAP or if any industry partners can help out that would be great.  Not sure if I posted in the right section since it's been forever since I've been on here.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
With or without front sight base? Green Mountain has one for $135, no front sight base, stripped just the barrel with extension. Del-ton also has one, but with front sight, barrel nut, and handguard cap for $169. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Idk how QUICK you'd get them, but PSA has barrels for $119.

Link

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Idk how QUICK you'd get them, but PSA has barrels for $119.

Link

View Quote

I almost ordered those but they are M4A1 profile and I need the old standard M4 profile.  Called them and was on hold for 20 min, emailed Monday and still no reply.

Classic Firearms had some for $70 over the weekend but I didn't see them until Monday when they were sold out.

Guess I'll have to contact a manufacture.

I'm not used to trying to find low end stuff, I'm always searching for the high end stuff for personal use.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With or without front sight base? Green Mountain has one for $135, no front sight base, stripped just the barrel with extension. Del-ton also has one, but with front sight, barrel nut, and handguard cap for $169. Hope that helps.
View Quote

Without would be best.  We are making training rifles with a ton of features and modifications that I can't go into just yet.  We completely took apart some Colt rifles and our machinist says the Colt barrels are too hard to machine.  I think its BS and would do it, but they don't want to pay an engineer to machine stuff.  So they need to be M4 profile to match our design.

The green mountain ones would be perfect but say chromed bore though.  I have a feeling that's whats really giving the machinist issues.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
MAS Defense has them in stock for $115...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Skip the M-4 Go with the mid length.

This guy.  http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt117.htm

kwg
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

kwg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

kwg

I would have to re-do 6-8 months of design work and re-order several thousands of dollars worth of custom parts and electronics.  There is a reason I asked for M4 profile.

For personal use, yes I prefer mid length or my SBR

I saw that one but am worried that since it doesn't say who the manufacture is, and that it says "M4-style barrel"  That the profile might not be a true M4 profile.

I found some DSA ones that I think will work for $120.  Thanks for everyones help.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Anderson $110

Contact Anderson, they may cut you a deal on twenty barrels.  They are made by ESS.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Barrels are expensive. Why not just profile steel rods?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Try CBC Industries.  My understanding is that the ones that say "Colt overrun" are made by ESS.

http://www.cbcindllc.com/product-category/ar-15-rifle-barrels/

HighSpeedSteel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top