Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2014 8:27:19 PM EDT
I have a spikes lower that's been sitting around just begging to be finished. I just purchased AR precision Socom 16" fluted barrel in the .223 wylde chamber. Is there any real need to use a"match" grade upper to get the best out this new ARP barrel? I know other components like a floating rail and FCG play into it along with optics. I would like to build a nice bench gun. I hand load so I can play with ammo variables.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What about a Vltor upper?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
ARP recommends Mega receivers.  Although, I don't think you could go wrong with Vltor either.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
No "special" upper is needed.  Just get the Spikes M4 upper to match your lower and roll.  It will work well with your barrel and a nice 12" free float quality rail of your choice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. J&G sales has the Mega Billet receiver with the anti rotational cuts for $149. I grabbed one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top