Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 3:03:26 PM EDT
Going to spend the money on a LWRC M6-IC-SPR with the 16.1 inch barrel.

Since I am spending the money, you can get it with some Surefire or AAC flash hiders or muzzle break installed.

Have any of you seen a big improvement over the standard birdcage flash hidder/ break? Is it worth the money?

I am going to use this gun for hunting and 3 gun. (Hunting to justify its place in my safe to my wife.)

The biggest reason I ask is that my SCAR 17 has an awesome muzzle break... but it is LOUD and devistating to be next to. I don't want that effect on an AR-15.

Help.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Brother, there's so many different ones out there, its ridiculous. IMO, many of them are bought and sold based on the "cosmetic bad-ass effect". If you plan on ever putting a can on your gun, obviously you have to use a compatible and/or proprietary muzzle device. What I like for 3 gun is a MB bushmaster sells that mimics the one that is on the AK74, but built for the AR15. I have one on my Larue stealth carbine that I use for 3 gun. It runs around $30 I want to say. Its not pretty, and I want to say its 2.5" long or so. Its also fairly loud and has a significant "side blast", so its definitely not something you would want to use in a shoot house as a member of a team- they would probably bitch about it. I know this because I have had complaints from range personnel after match stages who were standing too close with the pro-timer the first time I used it, but as the shooter it never bothered me. I just told them that guns were loud and if they don't like it not to stand so close to my muzzle, and I let them know before I start that its going to be loud. Either they do it or they don't.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
lol nice. Any improvements over the standard birdcage flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually installed a BattleComp 1.0 on my gun last week. It's my first muzzle brake on an AR (since I always used A2 or bare muzzle for High Power Service Rifle).

http://www.ocabj.net/mini-review-battlecomp-1-0-muzzle-brake/

As far as I can tell, it's not a huge increase in terms of noise or concussion than the A2.

As far as your selection of Surefire or AAC, from what I understand, the Surefire is acceptable in terms of noise and concussion compared to a competition grade brake (e.g. 3-gun).
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Any muzzle brake you get will be LOUD, due to the baffles/slots on the side. SJC Titan, Surefire MB556, Lantac Dragon would be my choice if going into 3-gun. For flash hiding, there is no better than the B.E. Meyers 249F-IMHO

Do a little research on 3-gun points leaders and see what they are running on their rigs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top