Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2014 7:50:32 PM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions for "blem" slick side stripped uppers?  I have looked on just about every site I can think of.  I found Aero and Anderson both make them, but the Anderson does not have a provision for dust cover.  Trying to find a blem or raw, as it is going to be a custom cerakote job.

Jack
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a slick side, but they are in the raw and billet.
Sota arms raw upper
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link, but I really need a slick side, there will be a graphic going on the receiver, and the lack of an FA will really make the job easier.

Jack
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll need to call Aero Precision.  They sometimes have a few but don't put them up on their website...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
MidwayUSA has DPMS slick side uppers in stock for $88
(there's a $20 off $100 coupon code good through the end of the month too)
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]
There arent many "blems" out there. Only a few people make them. I got a few Aero ones locally at a good price. Their online price is around $80 iirc.

aeroprecision, for all purposes, is mostly the same stuff as spikes. Especially with barrels, uppers, and lowers. The DPMS is a little thicker but is a true slick side with no brass deflector or door. The others are just missing the fwd assist.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it.

I am going to give Aero a call, I am fine with the brass deflector, just don't want the FA.

Jack
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am going to give Aero a call, I am fine with the brass deflector, just don't want the FA.

Jack
View Quote

Rainier makes a nice one (forged -no FA has dust cover) as does V7 (forged-no dust cover) <---these both have case deflector hump

Cross Machine Tool Ultra Precision Upper Receiver Part# UPUR-3 Slick Side upper (see Rainier Arms)
but its heavier than the V7
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Jack
View Quote

Aero also Cerakotes uppers might want to ask about that while you're at it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have any experience with Mas Defense?  Price is right, and it is suppose to be either Cerro or Anchor Harvey forging. http://www.shop.masdefense.com/AR15-A4-SLICK-SIDE-UPPER-RECEIVER-SSUPRR.htm
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Anyone have any experience with Mas Defense?  Price is right, and it is suppose to be either Cerro or Anchor Harvey forging. http://www.shop.masdefense.com/AR15-A4-SLICK-SIDE-UPPER-RECEIVER-SSUPRR.htm
View Quote
I have two of their barrels with no problems to report.  Actually, they're way better than I expected...

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I took a chance with the Mas Defense upper, and also ordered a barrel.  Let see how this goes.

Jack
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the Spikes with the brass deflector and dust cover, no FA.  I like it.  I also have a couple of the DPMS slick side uppers and like them too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]
AIM now has Anderson Slicks in stock. Anderson Upper
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#15]
SHIT!!!! Half the price of the one I just bought....I even checked AIM before I bought the MAS Defense.  Oh well, live and learn.  Thanks for the link.

Jack
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Cross Machine and Tool also make a slick upper.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, parts came in extremely quick!  Cannot say that I am disappointed,  The upper is flawless, with no machine marks what so ever, and is Keyhole marked.  The barrel I bought is a 416R stainless fluted 18" 223 wylde chamber in 1/8 twist, and is just gorgeous.  I really think the daughter is going to love this thing!

Jack
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AIM now has Anderson Slicks in stock. Anderson Upper
View Quote

Wow, that is cheap (price wise.)  I was going to mention DPMS makes a slick side upper without a shell deflector, but the going price would be twice that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#19]
And at that price, they sold out fast.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#20]
2nd Amendment Arms makes an awesome LW upper called the Balios Light Weight or something like that.  Weighs less than the other non-FA uppers out there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back in stock as of 0852.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I ordered two this morning.  Wonder what they will grow into.  I'm sure they will be cute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top