Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2014 4:26:50 AM EDT
Living in NJ I can not have a flash suppressor and will be going with a muzzle brake. I have narrowed my choices down to either the Fortis RED or the SJC Titan. Not having any first hand experiences and only going off of product reviews I was hoping to find someone here who may have used both. If you have any opinions please share. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Fortis Mfg. RED  installed on one of my competition rifles, and I have a Titan on the way to put on my other one.  I'm planning on doing a side-by-side comparison of the two.

My first impression of the RED has been very favorable.  It seems to do a really decent job of curbing felt recoil and significantly reducing muzzle flip.  It's LOUD though, but that's typical of that type of brake.  The guys that compete with me regularly have the Titan on their rifles, and they have good things to say about them.  However, not having shot their rifles, I can't speak to it personally.  My observation of them shows that muzzle flip is practically non-existent, so that's a check in the plus column.

I'll make sure to send you the link when I do my review.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Titan is painfully loud but extraordinarily effective!
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't care about flash reduction for this application.  These are going to be on my gaming rifles for 3-gun.  I'm looking to control muzzle movement, and not flash signature.  Several of my shootin' buddies have the Titan on their rifles already, and I'm VERY aware that they are loud.  In fact, one of my buddies calls it a "loudener" and cringes when he has to RO someone with it on their rifle. ;)

My rifle currently has a Spikes Tactical  Dynacomp and it works every bit as good as the Battlecomp for half the money.  It has decent muzzle control capabilities and does a decent job as a flash hider also.  It just doesn't have quite the muzzle control that I am looking for, so I'm trying something else.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't care about flash reduction for this application.  These are going to be on my gaming rifles for 3-gun.  I'm looking to control muzzle movement, and not flash signature.  Several of my shootin' buddies have the Titan on their rifles already, and I'm VERY aware that they are loud.  In fact, one of my buddies calls it a "loudener" and cringes when he has to RO someone with it on their rifle. ;)

My rifle currently has a Spikes Tactical  Dynacomp and it works every bit as good as the Battlecomp for half the money.  It has decent muzzle control capabilities and does a decent job as a flash hider also.  It just doesn't have quite the muzzle control that I am looking for, so I'm trying something else.

Thanks for the info.
View Quote

I bet you won't notice that much of a difference between the Spikes and the RED or Titan.  Now if you went from a FH to the RED or Titan yes you would notice a difference.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top