Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 5:22:51 PM EDT

ok well I know their is a lot of horse shit on ar triggers... if you want a good trigger you have to buy this or that or spend 1k dollars in bull shit.... well  I am a cheep ass, and I bought a rock river 2 stage, with the factory springs I was beyond impressed, how ever I got a wild hair up my ass one day while building an ar10, to not only try the rra but to toss in a jp trigger  and it was pretty nice id say an easy 3#  I have the triggers held in with a kns anti rotation pins, so the other day I decided to polishe all and I do mean all the contact points from trigger hammer pins and all the contact points on the hammer and triggers as I was getting them all ready for armaloy plating, turns out the plater is to busy to plate my stuff right now so I came home today installed all the parts and my ar 5.56 trigger is like wicked wicked freaking light... an easy 2 maybe 3 lb and the 308 trigger ( I have them marked so I know which is which ) is an easy 1-2 lb.

I don't mind that light trigger in the 308 as it is a "precision" rifle... but is a 2-3 lb trigger to light for a "combat" rifle ? something say you would take to a Vickers or costa class ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same issue you did. I have the RRA varmint trigger which uses factory 3.5 pound springs. Awesome trigger for $100. I have it on my spr, and it works great. I tried it in my carbine, and it was too light. I found myself tripping the trigger when my finger was resting on it. My solution was to use the ALG ACT trigger with 3.5 lbs JP springs, and a trigger adjuster screw I got for $5. Product was a super smooth (0 grit what so ever), short uptake and reset, and light trigger. I was able to ring steel at 300 with a red dot every second. There is a very clear break without being too light. With the standard trigger I was able to connect every 2 or 3 seconds at best. This is just my personal experience. Total price was $80. If thats too much for you, then the springs and adjuster are only $20. Try the springs and adjuster first. It eliminates the take up and heavy ass pull. There will still be some grit. Good luck to you, finding the perfect trigger pull is often a result of trial and error.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The RRA two state triggers already have a reputation for turning into mushy single stages with enough rounds through them. You most likely accelerated that happening considerably.

The way two stages work is by close tolerances and sears sitting right on the edge of breaking only being stopped by the disconnector adding in its springs resistance. Messing up angles during polishing is a sure way to kill a trigger.

It's why the firearms industry on the whole will spend so much on triggers. If all you needed was a little fitz polish you think geissele and their $200+ triggers would sell? Traditional triggers need perfectly flat, sharp, and straight/perpendicular engagement surfaces. It's not something easily done by the hobbiest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The RRA two state triggers already have a reputation for turning into mushy single stages with enough rounds through them. You most likely accelerated that happening considerably.

The way two stages work is by close tolerances and sears sitting right on the edge of breaking only being stopped by the disconnector adding in its springs resistance. Messing up angles during polishing is a sure way to kill a trigger.

It's why the firearms industry on the whole will spend so much on triggers. If all you needed was a little fitz polish you think geissele and their $200+ triggers would sell? Traditional triggers need perfectly flat, sharp, and straight/perpendicular engagement surfaces. It's not something easily done by the hobbiest.
View Quote

all the angles are the same as before the polish, I checked on a comparator , even so I only use a cotton bob with  rouge type compound, didn't even take .0001 off, when I put my rra factory springs in the trigger feels much safer, but I am going to run it with the jp springs a few more times just to really get a good feel for it
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lifetime warranty
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lifetime warranty
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lifetime warranty

really ? I had no idea
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have RRA triggers in 2 of my guns. Most others habe Geissells. I really like the RRA but I would never polish or "modify" it in any way. It seems a little heavier than my SSA but more crisp. The standard RRA 2-stage in my second favorite trigger, after the SSA-E.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top