Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 11/17/2013 5:55:47 AM
So northtech defense finally dropped their upper. Anyone want to weigh in on it? I bought both their upper and lower, just waiting on it to be delivered which is should be here tomorrow.

http://www.ar15news.com/2013/11/15/new-northtech-defense-billet-upper-receiver-introductory-price/
Losd
Stay Classy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/17/2013 6:50:54 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Bix1776:
So northtech defense finally dropped their upper. Anyone want to weigh in on it? I bought both their upper and lower, just waiting on it to be delivered which is should be here tomorrow.

http://www.ar15news.com/2013/11/15/new-northtech-defense-billet-upper-receiver-introductory-price/

Built my dad a rifle with a Northtech lower and I couldn't be happier. The fit and finish was the best I have put my hands on. I am going to talk him into getting the new upper to match the set. Make for a real nice setup I am sure.
army11b
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/17/2013 7:24:13 PM
Very jealous, I wouldn't mind northtec for my next build
uniquesnd
I put the Pro in Professional
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/18/2013 4:44:08 PM
I want one and had to force myself not to order one the other day when I picked up the new fortis charging handle.
"I am not an Operator but I play one on AR15.com"
cjwwd2
Serenity now, insanity later.
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/18/2013 7:14:31 PM
[Last Edit: 11/18/2013 7:14:44 PM by cjwwd2]
I'm not a huge fan of the white outlined logo on their upper and the bright finish on the forward assist. If it wasn't for those two things I would buy a receiver set
46and2
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/18/2013 8:00:17 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
I'm not a huge fan of the white outlined logo on their upper and the bright finish on the forward assist. If it wasn't for those two things I would buy a receiver set

I feel the same.
Bix1776
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/20/2013 2:02:46 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By 46and2:
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I feel the same.

It is not a white lining, it is the aluminum underneath. But they come with the aluminum OR the anodizing. I have mine black anodized with the rest of the receiver. All you have to do is call Northtech and ask them.
Losd
Stay Classy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2013 4:08:58 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

They don't come from the factory with the white outline. That's someone's color fill. And the assist is made out of titanium. Could attribute to the color
NorthtechDefense
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2013 1:50:41 PM
Hello folks, perhaps I can help clear up some things.

Our new billet upper comes standard with a black logo and raw Titanium forward assist.

The images seen with the silver logo are special versions provided to media and select retailers. The upper is anodized black, then the logo is machined in after, exposing the aluminum underneath. This version will be a special order item.

The upper will soon be offered with either the raw Titanium finish or anodized black forward assist.

The Titanium forward assist is also available separately. With various colors soon to be available.

Thank you for your support!

Rob - Team NTD

www.northtechdefense.com
46and2
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2013 7:53:05 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By NorthtechDefense:

Our new billet upper comes standard with a black logo and raw Titanium forward assist.

The images seen with the silver logo are special versions provided to media and select retailers. The upper is anodized black, then the logo is machined in after, exposing the aluminum underneath. This version will be a special order item.

The upper will soon be offered with either the raw Titanium finish or anodized black forward assist.

The Titanium forward assist is also available separately. With various colors soon to be available.

Rob - Team NTD

www.northtechdefense.com

Good to hear.
cjwwd2
Serenity now, insanity later.
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2013 12:13:13 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By NorthtechDefense:

Rob - Team NTD

www.northtechdefense.com

Thx for the response.