Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

I dunno but it probably is crazy light weight with them. Probably talking 6-8 oz WITH barrel nut.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Stickman has anew pic of the 9" CMR and the handstops on Facebook. He will post it here soon I reckon.

I typically wait a day or two after I've posted an image on my Facebook page before I throw it up other places.  

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms%202/STKL7947-7-1200-Stick.jpg

Sort of like a sneak peek. I like it.

I wonder why the larger cutouts on the sides...?

I dunno but it probably is crazy light weight with them. Probably talking 6-8 oz WITH barrel nut.

I can dig that. I want to order the BCM KMR too and see how it compares
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody know the weights of the new lightweight CMR rails (with barrel nut)?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

Nope :)

While one should never say never, the CMR's design is just as lightweight as comparable Keymod rails, and much stronger.

While a Keymod variant of the CMR would cut weight, Centurion's pretty invested in their proprietary system which is very awesome.  Aside from being stronger, CMR accessories are a fraction of the price of what Picatinny and Keymod accessories cost... If anything, more companies should adopt the CMR standard, something the Centurion was open to from the inception of the CMR

Both systems have their strengths and weaknesses, but I don't see a crossover happening any time soon
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
Originally Posted By GoufCustom:
Any rumors of a Keymod version?

Nope :)

While one should never say never, the CMR's design is just as lightweight as comparable Keymod rails, and much stronger.

While a Keymod variant of the CMR would cut weight, Centurion's pretty invested in their proprietary system which is very awesome.  Aside from being stronger, CMR accessories are a fraction of the price of what Picatinny and Keymod accessories cost... If anything, more companies should adopt the CMR standard, something the Centurion was open to from the inception of the CMR

Both systems have their strengths and weaknesses, but I don't see a crossover happening any time soon

What is proprietary about their system? Seems like just threaded holes in a tube. Not trying to trash it, it is one of my top picks for my 308 MATEN rail, and I own other stuff from Centurion and it is rock solid. It would be nice if all manufactures went to a "standard" hole spacing so that all screw mounted accessories worked between the systems. Like the MI, Wilson and other that have threaded holes in the side for mounting things.

Are those "lightening" holes going to transfer to the longer rails?

Also, any chance of the Centurion Website coming back up soon? Or did they move, tried google searching their website and I get a "we're having issues" page. Are they working on a new webpage?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Centurion did just move from SoCal to Indiana.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]
What is proprietary about their system? Seems like just threaded holes in a tube. Not trying to trash it, it is one of my top picks for my 308 MATEN rail, and I own other stuff from Centurion and it is rock solid. It would be nice if all manufactures went to a "standard" hole spacing so that all screw mounted accessories worked between the systems. Like the MI, Wilson and other that have threaded holes in the side for mounting things.
View Quote

I think you just answered your own question...

Hole spacing, thread pitch, screw size, curvature of the rail, flat vs raised mounting points -- while each element in and of itself may be standard, the combination without regard to other rails on the market makes any given rail proprietary.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoufCustom] [#8]
Originally Posted By vmpglenn:

Hole spacing, thread pitch, screw size, curvature of the rail, flat vs raised mounting points -- while each element in and of itself may be standard, the combination without regard to other rails on the market makes any given rail proprietary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vmpglenn:

That is laughable that calling a combination of hole spacing proprietary, but I do get the point about rail curvature (which is a stretch) and the point about flat vs raised mounting points. Like the way the WC TRIM rail has groves next to the holes to ensure the accessories align with the central axis. But claiming anything about thread/screw sizing is BS, unless they invented a screw.

I would understand that someone has a trademark or proprietary rights to the Keymod design, or QD points, but not hole placement and size...

Anyway, what options are there for a spanner wrench that you can connect a torque wrench or breaker bar to?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have any issue with the rail + upper receiver "bowing" once you tighten the rail?  When I place the assembled upper on a flat surface, top rail down, there is a very (very) small gap that develops in the middle, maybe 1/16 in.  With the screws loose, you can push it flat, but once you tighten the bend returns.  Barrel nut torqued to 50ft lbs.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: quikenuf] [#10]
Originally Posted By KimberZ71:
Anyone have any issue with the rail + upper receiver "bowing" once you tighten the rail?  When I place the assembled upper on a flat surface, top rail down, there is a very (very) small gap that develops in the middle, maybe 1/16 in.  With the screws loose, you can push it flat, but once you tighten the bend returns.  Barrel nut torqued to 50ft lbs.  

View Quote

Yes, had the exact same issue, made the barrel sit below center of the rail, causing me to grind a lot more than most off the gas block.  Got a replacement from Centurion, but it was only slightly (very slightly) better than the 1st.  

For those that would suspect the upper or barrel, I had the same results mounting 2 different barrels, and 3 different receivers, a Mega billet, Mega forged and an Aero Precision forged.  Even went the extra mile and bought a receiver trueing tool from Brownells and trued the Mega forged and Aero, didn't help.  

Bought an SLR 15" 3Gun which sits flat on it's top and both barrels are as centered as the eye can see on all 3 receivers.  Guess who's rails I'll be buying in the future???

Quik
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By quikenuf:

Yes, had the exact same issue, made the barrel sit below center of the rail, causing me to grind a lot more than most off the gas block.  Got a replacement from Centurion, but it was only slightly (very slightly) better than the 1st.  

For those that would suspect the upper or barrel, I had the same results mounting 2 different barrels, and 3 different receivers, a Mega billet, Mega forged and an Aero Precision forged.  Even went the extra mile and bought a receiver trueing tool from Brownells and trued the Mega forged and Aero, didn't help.  

Bought an SLR 15" 3Gun which sits flat on it's top and both barrels are as centered as the eye can see on all 3 receivers.  Guess who's rails I'll be buying in the future???

Quik
View All Quotes

Quik

WOW, could it be over torque on the cross bolts?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The "bowing" appears once the bolts are tensioned, far from being secure.  The upper and rail were both cerakoted, maybe that's causing some kind of interference.  Like I said, its very minimal and doesn't really bother me...at least as long as it doesn't hurt accuracy.

View All Quotes

Quik

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:20:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: quikenuf] [#13]

View All Quotes

Good question, but no, the issue is apparent as soon as I snug the retaining screws.

The "bowing" appears once the bolts are tensioned, far from being secure.  The upper and rail were both cerakoted, maybe that's causing some kind of interference.  Like I said, its very minimal and doesn't really bother me...at least as long as it doesn't hurt accuracy.

Agreed, I've actually had 3 different rails in my possession and far enough apart to believe at least 2 of the 3 are likely from different production batches, all exhibiting the same symptoms, non Cerakoted.  Yes it is minimal, but annoying none the less.  Will it affect accuracy, not a bit, but it's not an inexpensive rail to settle for mediocrity in precision when other options are out there that you don't need to deal with the hassle.

For those that have a close tolerence from their gas blocks to the rail, slap the bottom of the rail and tell me if you hear a ting?  Rest assured if you can slap it and it touches, it's touching the rail when it's fired.

Don't get me wrong, The CRM is one on if the sleekest, best aesthetic designs available today, and would consider buying another down the road when they produce a gen 2 or revamp.  I very much prefer the direct mount features the CMR offers over keymod.

Quik

ETA:  All of my experiences have been with .75 dia gas journal barrels.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:37:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CastorTroy] [#14]
pic thread

The Elcan is fake

The rest is a Doublestar lower, ALG ACT trigger w/JP yellow springs, AR15 Performance 16" 1:8 5r rifled midlength lightweight profile, Spikes Dynacomp.

I had to grind the shit out of the MI low profile gasblock to get it to fit in there.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Bumpity

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Dropped my 14" CMR off at the gunsmith to have the cover mounting holes redrilled in the correct locations.  Went back and forth with LaMonte for over 3 months.  He offered to buy it back, but I really like the rail and just want it right.  I'll post pictures when I get it back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]

What is the time frame looking like for these Stick?

Also, what is the weight?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Looks like the clamping screws are a little different?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quik
View All Quotes

Quik

mine had significant "bow" with the original, purchased rail, and a replacement. front BUIS sat waaaay too high.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Word I got was a couple more weeks and 9" and 11" CMRs will be ready.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:38:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Word I got was that a big box arrived at the Stick compound today...  
View All Quotes

Always rubbing it in
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Always rubbing it in
View All Quotes

Always rubbing it in

I have already seen what was in that box Stick! Damn you and your Facebook photos!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#30]

It pays to be a winner.  
View All Quotes

I have already seen what was in that box Stick! Damn you and your Facebook photos!

It pays to be a winner.  

Hahaha
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#32]

The nephews who train at the Uncle Stick camp with logs, rifles, PT, and an O course get to learn that real quick, along with team work and a bunch of other skills.  
View All Quotes

It pays to be a winner.  

Hahaha

The nephews who train at the Uncle Stick camp with logs, rifles, PT, and an O course get to learn that real quick, along with team work and a bunch of other skills.  

Taking reservations?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#33]

Taking reservations?
View All Quotes

It pays to be a winner.  

Hahaha

Taking reservations?

Heck ya! I love your posts on Fbook about the nephews and their training
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Got my 14" back, looks great.  Before:

After (changed the comp too):

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gadgetguy1288] [#35]
Anybody seen the new XLP gasblock from Adams Arms for their piston kits? I messaged them on facebook to see about getting a measurement for the gas block but I'm not holding my breath.

Anybody know if the CMR barrel nut is even compatible with a piston system?

ETA: just saw a post in their Industry forum that says
The barrel nut fitment is a oal length factor the operating rod, bushing and spring require a barrel nut of similar Length to GI or 0.85" oal.
you should be able to check with the manufacturer of the hand guards your interested in and get the length of their attachment nut to determine if it will work for your setup.
View Quote

Anybody able to measure the AOL of the barrel nut?

Also on another note, anybody know if the Noveske Lo-pro pinned gas block will fit under the CMR? Looking at building a 12.5" 6.8 SBR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:04:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#36]
Has anyone tried making a setup with a 14.5" barrel, 14" CMR and an AAC 51t muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:40:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:53:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#40]
Thanks Stick, yeah, I just haven't come across a setup with the 51t brake. I'm just concerned because the brake doesn't have the flats behind it and that might not give enough clearance between the rail and the suppressor
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Man, I really love these two rifles. I like the FDE receivers and the total camo job is really nice looking
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 2:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gadgetguy1288] [#42]
Got my OD accessory pack in this morning. Hell of a ship time from Weapon Outfitters, I ordered it Monday morning, and I'm across the country from them.

I think its almost done now. Waiting on funds to buy a Leupold VX-R 1-4x to replace the PA 1-4x, and an M300 weapon light.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DualRectifier] [#43]
Has anyone seen the black rail covers in stock anywhere? I've been looking for two months and can't find any in stock. No info on Centurion website since it's been down.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DualRectifier:
Has anyone seen the black rail covers in stock anywhere? I've been looking for two months and can't find any in stock. No info on Centurion website since it's been down.

View Quote

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/rails-handguards/centurion-arms/centurion-arms-rail-covers-blk.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#45]

I typically wait a day or two after I've posted an image on my Facebook page before I throw it up other places.  

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms%202/STKL7947-7-1200-Stick.jpg
View All Quotes
Stickman has anew pic of the 9" CMR and the handstops on Facebook. He will post it here soon I reckon.

How much for the 9" CMR?
NEED NOW!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DualRectifier] [#47]
Originally Posted By DualRectifier:

View Quote

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/rails-handguards/centurion-arms/centurion-arms-rail-covers-blk.html
View Quote

Ordered two sets--thank you!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Is it just me, or do the grip panels line up with the holes in some pics and in some pics they don't?  Not a big deal I know, but my OCD is kicking in
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:00:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gadgetguy1288] [#49]
It depends on the length of the rail. I have the 14", and they don't line up, I believe they do line up on the 12's. Not sure about the other sizes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top