Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes you wonder if Rockethub was set up to facilitate this kind of operation.  You notice that nowhere in their description do they discuss the possibility of being scammed or what to do if the project leader does not deliver anything.  In my opinion, the current Rockethub configuration lends itself to enabling scammer's to operate rather freely. Like the CEO of Rockethub told me, it's up to the investor to evaluate the offerings, and once they have their money, they are no longer involved in the process.   I have begun to speculate about the motives behind the founding of Rockethub since their efforts at due diligence are lacking at best.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Folks, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Folks, keep in mind that the point of sites like Rockethub and Kickstarter is to facilitate investment in startups and provide a way for regular folks to get in on the venture capital game. BY DEFINITION, investments like this are risky. The fact that some people are using Rockethub as a rope of storefront doesn't change the nature of the transaction. If there is fraud you have the same recourse everyone else has - the courts.

Don't expect more than it is - a risk.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
As I said before. Do not commit to more than you are willing to lose. I have ordered a few of the dealers from Pebble Peak and Fealty arms. Fealty sent an email today regarding the process and what they are planning. So far that is a great sign. A scammer would not bother to inform you of their progress.

I funded a item on Kickstarter about 10 months ago. It arrived yesterday. So it can take time to come through.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 1:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
So I got a confirmation email today from Fealty Arms. Confirming my order, color choice, and shipping address.

"The time has come!! We are extending this correspondence to thank you for your support and contribution in our company and to confirm your order and color choices (if applicable), we would like you to respond to this e-mail re-stating your order, aluminum option, and color choice (if applicable) shipping dates will be held on a first come first served basis by the estimate established at the time of your contribution on a projected timeline of 5/31-7/17 we foresee no variance from the date originally quoted at the time of your contribution, if there is any deviation from our original timeline as projected we will inform all patrons affected at that time. We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Fealty Arms Family. “By the community for the community”, is the Fealty Arms mission statement and it is our pleasure to offer you, our grass root contributors access to exclusive promotions, pricing, giveaways, and access to pre order of new product; for your support and belief in our vision. As our brother in arms you will receive these exclusive extensions of gratitude throughout our life of business. Here is a brief glimpse of things to come!!

In the next two weeks look for the live launch of our website www.FealtyArms.com where we will be offering an upgraded design option to your contribution 80% lower!! We will also begin pre-order of our stripped upper receiver with exclusive pricing and early access to our early contributors, you!! We are also working hard to have jigs available for purchase in time to ship with your campaign order. Stay tuned for pictures and progress updates, make sure you’re following us on Instagram, Fabebook, Google+, and Twitter to receive real time access to these updates!! Thank you for your support and contribution, we appreciate your patience and we set the stage to revolutionize the industry!!

Thank You;

Jesse Frick & Nate Jackson
Fealty Arms
www.FealtyArms.com
[email protected]
(623) 252-2165                             "

What y'all think?

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I updated the OP with some more vendors.

I also put in some comments on the crowdfunding model vs. a regular commercial transaction.  Specifically, making it clear that
1) These are not "storefront" transactions and
2) If you send your money in there is no legal guarantee you will get ANYTHING in return.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I got a confirmation email today from Fealty Arms. Confirming my order, color choice, and shipping address.
What y'all think?

I think we'll be seeing a report with some photos from you around early June.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I gave pebble peak a shot @ 60.00 I will keep you posted. its just a tad over a month to delivery so it isnt like it is going to be drawn out for 6 months
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I have funded 3 different projects. I think Fealty Arms may come through as I received an email asking to confirm my choice. The others are cheap enough that I feel it is worth the gamble. I really hope the Pebble Peak comes through. I want to do the Ar-10 lowers.

I did fund a project on Kickstarter.com last year. It took almost 10 months but I received the item last week. They kept the funders in the loop with emails.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Long story short I my wife knows one of the guys from Sierra Nevada arms and he is supposed to be a good dude who knows what he is doing.  They are local to the Reno area for anyone who lives around here.  Their price gets cheaper with volume up to the point of 4 lowers for $100.  They said if you wait till next week a new offer will be made that will include a Jig but they didn't mention if the new offer will go up in price or not.  Can't beat $25 each so I am down for 4.

Good to hear. I'm in for 1, lol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm into a few projects.  I personally think most are not a scam, though they may be a little naive about what it takes to produce 2000 receivers...
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#12]

I think we'll be seeing a report with some photos from you around early June.

I'll keep y'all posted with it
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Please keep the updates coming.  I am in for a Pebble Peak.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I went for the Pebble Peak one. I checked their website for who owned the domain and this is what came up:

he data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy.  This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC.  By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty.  In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam.  You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field.  In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
  Domain Name: PEBBLEPEAK.COM
     Created on: 25-Aug-12
     Expires on: 25-Aug-13
     Last Updated on: 25-Apr-13

Registrant:
  Marshmallow and Co.
  1249 de leon ave
  calexico, California 92231
  United States

Administrative Contact:
     Rodriguez, Arturo  [email protected]
     Marshmallow and Co.
     1249 de leon ave
     United States
     (760) 618-1033

Technical Contact:
     Rodriguez, Arturo  [email protected]
     Marshmallow and Co.
     1249 de leon ave
     United States
     (760) 618-1033

Domain servers in listed order:
     NS1.WIX.COM
     NS2.WIX.COM

The address is an actual house according to google street view. And he bought the domain last August, so that confirms the 8 months in business. I think this has a good chance of being legitimate, but I highly doubt he is going to be able to crank out 3000 receivers by June 10th. I think this is worth the risk.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Check out the latest update at Coal Banks, he says he is cancelling his project.  I would suggest that members who have invested check with the Rockethub CEO to request a refund, or to find out if they get one automatically.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Received an email from rockethub for my Coalbank MW refund. Didn't request it, happened automatically.

Pebble Peak is well funded as of now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]
There sure seem to be a lot of stupid people out there these days.  I cannot believe you folks are sending your hard-earned cash to support this endeavor based on promises on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There sure seem to be a lot of stupid people out there these days.  I cannot believe you folks are sending your hard-earned cash to support this endeavor based on promises on the internet.

Move along, troll.   Nobody asked you to fund a project, nobody cares if you do or don't.    If you don't want to participate... don't.  People funding these projects know the risk.  This thread doesn't need to be weighed down with your thread-crapping, so STFU.

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hard-earned cash?  I'm in Kuwait.  I'm spending your hard-earned cash here.  I'm on Uncle's easy street.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Updated original post with new vendor.

Btw, I'm good with updating this as I can (right now weekly) but I am only checking Rockethub and nowhere else.  If someone sees another deal from another crowd sourcing site, or even sees one pop up on Rockethub, feel free to post it here and I'll move it into the main posting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I looked at a few crowdfunding sites. So far,  RocketHub is the only site that allows firearms related listings.
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Gave $25 to Pebble hopefully I'll receive a nice chunk of metal in June or July, I also think I got the last one for $25 since now it says 0 available.

ETA: looks like they made more available
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I decided to go with Pebble, it's just $25. No sweat if it falls through.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I gave pebble peak a shot @ 60.00 I will keep you posted. its just a tad over a month to delivery so it isnt like it is going to be drawn out for 6 months

Same here. I'll start expecting delivery in late July; will post an update when received.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]
10 Hours left to order from Pebble Peak before the project ends, get those orders in.

ETA: Pebble Peak is done, Art said first lowers should ship mid June and will go out in the order they were ordered, orders placed after 5/20 will ship mid July.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Art also responded to my email quickly. Ordered 4 AR 10 lowers from him. got my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Ordered 2 Sierra Nevada Arms lowers and the jig. We'll see if they show. Only 4 days left. I'll post back if they show.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Go "big" or go home. I ordered four plus a jig for the SN lowers. We'll see. I need another lower like a hole in the head, but the price is too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Updated to add a couple and status some as complete.

One of the new ones is for funding to put a CNC mill on a trailer for mobile "flash build" parties, with everything being set up ahead of time and the user just "pressing a button."  The intent is pretty explicitly to fly "under the radar".  It is my understanding that the ATF has already shut down one such operation.  

Again, participate at your own risk.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone get theirs yet?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Updated to add some and status others.

Included in the new entries is one offer for AR15 uppers and 80% lower jigs, but no lowers per se.

Also added 2 entries that appear to be duplicates and seem light on details.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Saw the status update and figured I'd share. Pebble peak posted the following on the RH page:

Latest Updates

06/11/13: The check finally arrived and has been deposited in our account. The funds will be made available to us in 10 days and we will begin the process of making the lowers.

Sorry for the delay but it was out of our control on how long the check took to get here and how long the funds take to clear.

Thank you for the support,
Art
View Less Updates
06/10/13: We are running behind on the project since we haven't received the funds from rockethub. Hopefully the check arrives soon and we can start the process of completing the orders.

Thank you,
Art
06/07/13: Funders that need order(s) shipped to a different address, please send me your order/transaction number to speed up the response time.

We will start selling our lowers on our site as soon as we finish shipping out all the Rockethub's orders.

If you have questions please contact me at [email protected] and i will get back to you within 2-3 days.

Art
06/07/13: Funders that need order(s) shipped to a different address, please send me your order/transaction number to speed up the response time.

We will start selling our lowers on our site as soon as we finish shipping out all the Rockethub's orders.

If you have questions please contact me at [email protected] and i will get back to you within 2-3 days.

Art

I guess time will tell to see when they are able to crank these out, but I can't imagine them being able to meet a mid-July date at this point.

EDIT: Here is a link for the website so that you can check later to see what the status is

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/24384-80-lower-receiver-ar15-ar10-rudius-1911
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I am going to have to get in on this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Found another project to add to the list. Dunn Family Arms
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Has this scam delivered anything yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Has this scam delivered anything yet?

I've been following this as well.  Too good to be true, probably is.  Not a bad pay off if they are successful though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#37]
A lot of the bigger ones recently ended the funding period, it'll take them some time to get them made.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 12:49:43 AM EDT
[#38]
I just went through all the closed offerings to see if anyone had gotten anything yet. So far not a single closed offering has shipped a single thing.  While some of them closed recently, there are two that closed in April with no deliveries as of yet.  Lots of conversations about "where is my stuff?" going on both on Rockethub and  the various facebook pages.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I have done business with Matthews Carbine Company from their website. They are legit, the lowers are the best I have seen and they ship quick. They sell the lowers on their web site for $155 each so if you can get one the bassass lowers for cheaper than that I would do it.
If I could post a Picture of the Matthews Carbine company lowers I have I would.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#40]
^lol at obvious plug above.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If I could post a Picture of the Matthews Carbine company lowers I have I would.

You can't post pics?  IM me then, & I'll post 'em.  How many MCC lowers do you have, & how long have you had them?  Welcome to ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Updated:

- Added 2
- Statused 1
- Grouped entries into OPEN, CLOSED, SPECIAL, and WITHDRAWN

As a note, one of the entries that appeared to be a duplicate last week has now been changed with different names, etc.

As always, caveat emptor.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I realize that this thread is for lowers (I'm in for one PP lower) but since we're all gambling on this, there's also a company called northwest precision "selling" $40 uppers on rocket hub.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#44]
hello everyone.
noob here.
i see no one with verification thier "investment" has paid off by receiving actual lowers.  if the company meets thier financial needs by getting thier goal do they guarantee any product?  several pages show they met thier goals and have closed the preorders.  if not any guarantee then THOUSANDS of guys have lost HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars.  i am curious if anyone knows the law well enough to verify that these companies say 'for x amount we will send you this product' as a contract??  and could sue or at least reverse the charges on thier bank/cc/paypal or whatever thier funds came from.

the idea of hand finishing a lower intrigues me.  i have access to the drill press and the time, but the fact no one has anything in thier hands at this point is unacceptable.  i might be willing to throw away 100 bucks for two units that may never show up but i was going to drop 3500 for a set of 100 and i am now rethinking my willingness to "invest" in parts that may never arrive.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
hello everyone.
noob here.
i see no one with verification thier "investment" has paid off by receiving actual lowers.  if the company meets thier financial needs by getting thier goal do they guarantee any product?  several pages show they met thier goals and have closed the preorders.  if not any guarantee then THOUSANDS of guys have lost HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars.  i am curious if anyone knows the law well enough to verify that these companies say 'for x amount we will send you this product' as a contract??  and could sue or at least reverse the charges on thier bank/cc/paypal or whatever thier funds came from.

the idea of hand finishing a lower intrigues me.  i have access to the drill press and the time, but the fact no one has anything in thier hands at this point is unacceptable.  i might be willing to throw away 100 bucks for two units that may never show up but i was going to drop 3500 for a set of 100 and i am now rethinking my willingness to "invest" in parts that may never arrive.

Use a credit card for payment. If you dont get the product, file a Reg E claim with the financial institution. Regardless of the amount, or the time passed, a claim must be filed for you. You will get your money back.  I recommend a credit card instead of debit card because credit card claims are usually resolved faster.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 4:04:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Ooops - wrong website.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Here is one that is almost complete,  if you are looking to get in on it,  they have 10/22 uppers also.

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/26814-80-ar15-lowers-80-10-22-receivers-for-our-2nd-amendment-freedom

http://rkthb.co/26814
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#48]
In for updates
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Pebble Peak

"06/25/13: UPDATE: Order has been placed for the 7075 Aluminum. Will post update when we receive the order.

Thank you,
Art"
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have done business with Matthews Carbine Company from their website. They are legit, the lowers are the best I have seen and they ship quick. They sell the lowers on their web site for $155 each so if you can get one the bassass lowers for cheaper than that I would do it.

Really do not think your statements has put anyone's mind at ease.  This being your second post and finding this thread as quickly as you did, live in the same state as the above mentioned company and unable to post pictures (so easy a caveman..........) does not carry any weight towards validity.

Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top