BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Rifle Syndicate.

Got this via email today:
80% Lower Confirmation
Thank you for supporting Black Rifle Syndicate!
Now that our Rocket Hub campaign has come to an end it is time for you to confirm your shipping address as well as let us know your anodizing choice if you bought a perk that includes it. All you need to do is respond to this email with your selection and shipping address.

Over the course of the 45 days we managed to collect $21,600 and I want to personally thank every single one of you for helping us reach that milestone. While it was short of the goal amount, we are still going to deliver a quality product.

If you follow us on Facebook or Instagram you will have noticed that we are already moving ahead of our competition by offering more than just 80% lowers, and in time we will be offering complete AR15 weapon systems.

Again, I want to thank all of you for helping to solidify our place in the firearms industry and helping us get off the ground in 2013. 

Sincerely, 

Mike Harvey
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well I went for the Pebble Peak one. I checked their website for who owned the domain and this is what came up:

he data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy.  This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC.  By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty.  In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam.  You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field.  In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
  Domain Name: PEBBLEPEAK.COM
     Created on: 25-Aug-12
     Expires on: 25-Aug-13
     Last Updated on: 25-Apr-13

Registrant:
  Marshmallow and Co.
  1249 de leon ave
  calexico, California 92231
  United States

Administrative Contact:
     Rodriguez, Arturo  [email protected]
     Marshmallow and Co.
     1249 de leon ave
     United States
     (760) 618-1033

Technical Contact:
     Rodriguez, Arturo  [email protected]
     Marshmallow and Co.
     1249 de leon ave
     United States
     (760) 618-1033

Domain servers in listed order:
     NS1.WIX.COM
     NS2.WIX.COM

The address is an actual house according to google street view. And he bought the domain last August, so that confirms the 8 months in business. I think this has a good chance of being legitimate, but I highly doubt he is going to be able to crank out 3000 receivers by June 10th. I think this is worth the risk.

I called the above number and emailed the email listed.   The phone number is a google voice number that sounds like it has been disconnected, and the email sends me 'permanently failed' auto response back immediately after I press send.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Art's email from Pebble Peak is [email protected] . It may take him a few days to get back to you, but he does respond.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Art's email from Pebble Peak is [email protected] . It may take him a few days to get back to you, but he does respond.

he had responded to a couple of my emails, but i havent heard from him since june 3.  all of his emails sound legit, so i'm hoping it works out.  i did some google research, from what i can tell, he has started 5 or so other websites(unrelated to firearms) that no longer exist but it does seem that he lives at the address listed.  time will tell i suppose.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking to do this crowd funding. It will be my first time doing something like this.

I noticed custom build arms http://cbarms.com/clr003.html was on this list. Has anyone that funded this company got their lowers?

If so how is the quality?
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
When I last checked a few days ago, no one who has funded a  lower through Rockethub has ever received one.  This includes offerings that closed in March.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Updated to add new offers.

Also, Andres Olivares has 3 projects up, 2 are duplicate but listed in separate categories, 1 *was* a duplicate but was modified and the name changed.  I normally just put down the listing information, but this seems shady enough to call out individually.  As always, CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
All the money is probably going to HCI, & they're laughing their asses off @ us.  We'll have to figure out an equally remunerative anti-gun control scam.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered the sierra arms 4 pack.. deal is done and I emailed them two weeks ago. I still have not heard back..anybody else heard from them?
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The best way to keep updated is to check on their Rockethub link in the conversations section, and then check out their facebook pages. Most of them, when their campaign is finished on Rockethub, use their Facebook pages to keep folks updated.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ordered the sierra arms 4 pack.. deal is done and I emailed them two weeks ago. I still have not heard back..anybody else heard from them?

Check their Facebook page, updated a few days ago.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
well, it has been 2 weeks since anyone posted on this thread.  so has ANYONE got news as to order fullfillment?  while i have your ear i bet someone has a good recipe for the phosphorus/manganese hot dip so whoever has that recipe and steps please post it!   :)
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Updated OP:
- No additions
- changed status on completed offers

Also, 2 offers disappeared from Rockethub: "Upstate Tactical" and "Tactical Advantage".  The original links are in the OP under "Withdrawn", as is contact information for Rockethub for inquiries as to refunds, etc.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Just finished the weekly check via Rockethub and associated Facebook pages. No one receiving anything yet.  The guys on the offerings that closed in March are getting a little antsy.  As far as keeping people in the loop, the Pebble Peak offering seems to  be doing the best job of updating where they are in the completion process.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Actually, I'd say that the Precision Arms MFG   offering is moving the quickest.   They have sent out their first lower for evaluation...  a feat that the other funded projects have yet to match even though they have been closed for months. Of course, they are magnitudes smaller than Pebble Peak or Northwest or Fealty or the others, but they are moving quickly to fill their closed project.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Just the love the lack of accountability Rockethub offers, yet they got theirs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Fealty has been sending updates. Yesterday I received a notice offering to upgrade the lower I ordered and they have a website that also is taking orders for a billet lower. They also had photos of the machines being unloaded. Hopefully they do come through.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking about the remote possibility that I'll set up a machine shop and turn out a few lowers.  The likelihood that I will is very remote since I know nothing about machining, CAD, etc.  Let me just go out on a limb and say that it's not really going to happen.  But it's a really good idea.  Will you send me some non-refundable money?  

For once, I'm glad I stayed on the fence on this one.  F those crooks.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Has any one received any of these receivers or is this just a scam?
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Has any one received any of these receivers or is this just a scam?

Not everyone got scammed, the person who posted the ad on rockethub made a lot of money off you guys.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Where all the companies the same or was any truly legitimate? I was getting ready to go with precision arms this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Where all the companies the same or was any truly legitimate? I was getting ready to go with precision arms this weekend.

It's not a matter of whether or not the companies are legitimate or not. It's a matter of fact that at this point in time, no one who has invested in lowers through Rockethub has received anything yet.  Whether they ever will or not no one can say. If you want to contribute money to a project, recognizing that you may never receive any product for your investment be my guest. I am holding off until I see someone actually receive something from a Rockethub company, before I risk any more money.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#23]
There is a guy who posts on castboolits. He has the first lower from Precision Arms. He was also the first funder.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I put in $25 on a Pebble Peak lower, if it comes in the next year I'm happy, if it doesn't oh well. I don't know why so many people are complaining, if you can't take a chance and possibly lose $25 you probably shouldn't be building an AR.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Sierra Nevada updated their facebook. CNC machines now ready (pics included) and they are supposed to get the first half of the aluminum next week.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sierra Nevada updated their facebook. CNC machines now ready (pics included) and they are supposed to get the first half of the aluminum next week.
View Quote

I have an order on this group buy and have been in contact with the gentleman. He has responded appropriately thus far. I am in the first 30 or so funders (before I realized this was potentially a shaky deal) so I should be one of the first out. I will update if and when received.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I put in $25 on a Pebble Peak lower, if it comes in the next year I'm happy, if it doesn't oh well. I don't know why so many people are complaining, if you can't take a chance and possibly lose $25 you probably shouldn't be building an AR.
View Quote

That's how I looked at it before tossing my $25 in.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Pebble Peak was also supposed to be getting their aluminum this week but no updates.

Sierra Nevada just launched a full website, looks like they sunk some money into it. Professional looking design. They have an update earlier today that they are expecting the aluminum any time. Its promising that they launched a decent website after they got everyone's money. Spending more makes no sense if it was a scam.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I hope to get mine from fealty I was in the 40s on funders. I have seen pictures of aluminum and fork trucks setting machines, they had a stumble with insurance that set them back.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Update 07/19/2013:
- Added 4 more, 2 of which I flagged as suspect
- changed status on completed offers
- 1 offer disappeared

I think it's also a good time to repeat the following from my original post:

A NOTE ABOUT CROWD FUNDING:
From Wikipedia:
Crowd funding or crowdfunding (alternately crowd financing, equity crowdfunding, or hyper funding) explains the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their money, usually via the Internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations.[1][2] Crowdfunding is used in support of a wide variety of activities, including disaster relief, citizen journalism, support of artists by fans, political campaigns, startup company funding,[3] motion picture promotion,[4] free software development, inventions development, scientific research,[5] and civic projects.[6]

Crowdfunding can also refer to the funding of a company by selling small amounts of equity to many investors. This form of crowdfunding has recently received attention from policymakers in the United States with direct mention in the JOBS Act; legislation that allows for a wider pool of small investors with fewer restrictions.
View Quote

From the Rockethub Press Kit:
RocketHub is an international, pioneering, open community that has helped thousands of
artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, and social leaders raise millions of dollars. Part of
RocketHub’s mission is to educate the public on the power of the crowdfunding model. As a
result, the founders have lectured on crowdfunding at SXSW, TEDx, Maker Faire, NXNEi,
Harvard, Columbia, etc., and have even testified in the U.S. Congress on the power of online
fundraising.
RocketHub is a robust funding platform that makes raising funds quick and simple from
anywhere around the world. The platform enables social media based outreach. Project
leaders, i.e. Fundraisers, publicize projects through Facebook, Twitter, and similar platforms.
When posting a project, users choose a project deadline, target funding-goal, and offer “goods”
in exchange for contributions. RocketHub is a “keep what you raise” platform; if the selected
funding target is not reached by the deadline, the project leader is still able to keep the
collected funds.
[emphasis added]
View Quote

Crowdfunding sites like Rockethub exist to foster charitable funds and startup investments.  These investments, BY THEIR NATURE, are risky.  The site is NOT a storefront; neither the site, nor the project sponsors, are subject to the Uniform Commercial Code.  You are making an investment, and the potential payback on that investment is an 80% lower.  Note "potential" payback.  It is the same as if you invested $1000 in Pets.com stock expecting to get $2000 back.  Pets.come investors lost their investment and didn't have anything to show for it, and that is ENTIRELY possible here as well.  Please keep that in mind.

I would like to keep this thread focused on the individual offers and their backers; this is for investment research, like the posts on Coalbanks.  Generalized comments on the crowdfunding model aren't really that useful.
View Quote

I would also add that snide commentary from those who have not participated in the offers is unproductive as well.  At this point there should be NO ONE who doesn't understand what Rockethub is and the risks involved; repeated comments about scams and how foolish the participants are says more about the commentators than the participants. (Hint - Statler and Waldorf were caricatures, but at least they were funny.  And intelligent.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I signed on for 2nd Amendment Arms, back in February, through Rockethub.  They do update on Facebook, and have had some hiccups.  However, it sounds like they are expecting to begin shipping before the end of July.

Edit- by the way, thank you for creating and maintaining this list.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:08:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am having some trouble understanding the "investment".  After you take this risk you get no piece of the company, so where is the return on investment?  At first I liked the idea of what Fealty arms was doing, but when I looked at their site I realized they were using one of my (TR-Enabling) lowers for advertisement.  Competition is good and it can often drive the price of a product down which is good.  The issue I see is that companies that worked hard and made it on their own are loosing business to someone who has never delivered a product and might not ever.  Many of the startups made it clear that the pricing was only the initial pricing and they would raise the price after the startup.  

It looks to me the funding or "investment" is more of a thrill to some then anything. I am not making this post to pimp my product, but rather asking a question of why take the chance when so many companies are already proven to deliver a good product?
View Quote

At the current time of fealty, every where was on indefinate back order. I should of ordered more the first time but that was my mistake and I wasn't about to pay your price of 150+ for a 80% lower. On the other hand I have seen your selling forged now, to bad it wasn't five months ago.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am having some trouble understanding the "investment".  After you take this risk you get no piece of the company, so where is the return on investment?  At first I liked the idea of what Fealty arms was doing, but when I looked at their site I realized they were using one of my (TR-Enabling) lowers for advertisement.  Competition is good and it can often drive the price of a product down which is good.  The issue I see is that companies that worked hard and made it on their own are loosing business to someone who has never delivered a product and might not ever.  Many of the startups made it clear that the pricing was only the initial pricing and they would raise the price after the startup.  

It looks to me the funding or "investment" is more of a thrill to some then anything. I am not making this post to pimp my product, but rather asking a question of why take the chance when so many companies are already proven to deliver a good product?
View Quote

You bring up some very good points, and I'll try to shed what little light I can.

You are correct that this is not a traditional investment. A participant doesn't get any equity like a normal stockholder would. Nor is it like the project leaders are floating a bond, where investors loan money and get it back with interest - though this is closer.

Think of it as a venture capital investment. Venture capital investors provide money to startups knowing that most of them fail and that their money will be gone. But for the ones that don't fail, they get their money back at a very high rate of return, so it balances out. In this situation, participants are providing a small investment - in my case, $60 to pebble peak. The anticipated return is 2 80% lowers, worth a total of about $200 at the market prices of when I made the investment. That's over a 200% rate of return, but it is very high risk - I have no equity stake, so many of the protections offered by securities and bankruptcy law are not there. Likewise, the Uniform Commercial Code doesn't apply either as out would with a regular merchant transaction. That's why I chose one of the lowest cost options - the potential return is high enough to justify the potential loss of my money.

I can understand your frustration being an established vendor. I will echo a previous poster's observations that, when thea projects started on Rockethub, 80% lowers were hard to find at *any* price, and when they could be found the lead times were on par with those listed on the Rockethub offers. Since then, availability has come back and the Rockethub lead times have increased. So in hindsight the advantages are not so great. But I believe the established  vendors will see a benefit via the increase in the total market size, a well as new business from people who bought lowers from a rockethub offer that turn out to be sub standard. Theres probably an opportunity for you to pick up some of those buyers;  might I suggest a promotion? "Send us your out of spec Rockethub lowers and we'll take 10% off a proven TR Enabling lower, complete with warrantee and excellent customer service."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#35]
ok i am here for my weekly checkup to see if anyone has got a lower yet?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#36]
this seems to be as good a forum as any to ask this question since everyone here will be working to complete an 80% project.... so after we machine out the pocket and if we started with a noncoated raw lower if we ship it off to get anodized and coated will it muck up the threading for the buffer tube?  also along these lines is a normaly purchased FINISHED ar lower have the pocket anodized??? does the texture ever negatively affect the moving parts in there?

i dont wish to change the flavor of this thread into ar-308 by any means but can i get some hints on where to buy upper kits or complete kits (sans the lower) for 308 platforms?  all my research shows nothing in stock where i am looking.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
this seems to be as good a forum as any to ask this question since everyone here will be working to complete an 80% project.... so after we machine out the pocket and if we started with a noncoated raw lower if we ship it off to get anodized and coated will it muck up the threading for the buffer tube?  also along these lines is a normaly purchased FINISHED ar lower have the pocket anodized??? does the texture ever negatively affect the moving parts in there?

i dont wish to change the flavor of this thread into ar-308 by any means but can i get some hints on where to buy upper kits or complete kits (sans the lower) for 308 platforms?  all my research shows nothing in stock where i am looking.
View Quote

From what I've seen if someone buys an 80% that has already been coated they leave the areas milled out uncoated since if they had to send it off somewhere it would then be a firearm and need to be serialized. Whatever coating you choose (if you get an non-anodized) should not mess up the threading, for example when a company like Spikes sends there stuff off to be anodized the threading is already in place. So my opinion would be to get it coated first then mill it out if you want to keep your paper weight off the books.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I have been invested in a couple of Rockethub projects since April and I am just waiting to see what if anything comes of it. I didn't invest more than I was willing to lose.

On the issue of anodizing 80% lowers. I purchased two 80% lowers from Gunbroker, and when I was trying to find a place to get them anodized, I was told by two companies if they have been completed then they will need serial numbers and so on before anyone would anodize them.  In fact, neither company would anodize a 80% lower unless it had appropriate markings placed on it.

I used a Etch-O-matic machine to place markings on one receiver, and the other came from Vader Spade with custom markings on it.

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but when funding a Rockethub project, you do have to figure in the cost of finishing and marking when funding a project. As the OP has said repeatedly don't invest more than you are willing to lose.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is another one with $35 80% lowers on rocket hub 80%
http://rkthb.co/29659
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Lastest Pebble Peak Update:

07/20/13: UPDATE: Supplier is running behind on delivering the aluminum to us but we should receive the pallets anytime now. I will post another update Monday after i get a better ETA from the supplier.

Thank you and sorry for the wait,
Art
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have been invested in a couple of Rockethub projects since April and I am just waiting to see what if anything comes of it. I didn't invest more than I was willing to lose.

On the issue of anodizing 80% lowers. I purchased two 80% lowers from Gunbroker, and when I was trying to find a place to get them anodized, I was told by two companies if they have been completed then they will need serial numbers and so on before anyone would anodize them.  In fact, neither company would anodize a 80% lower unless it had appropriate markings placed on it.

I used a Etch-O-matic machine to place markings on one receiver, and the other came from Vader Spade with custom markings on it.

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but when funding a Rockethub project, you do have to figure in the cost of finishing and marking when funding a project. As the OP has said repeatedly don't invest more than you are willing to lose.  

View Quote

When I tossed my money in for the lowers I figured I would do homebrew anodizing on them. Only found out that 7075 aluminum can't be done at home well after my money was committed. Not sure how I will finish them (if they actually appear)
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

When I tossed my money in for the lowers I figured I would do homebrew anodizing on them. Only found out that 7075 aluminum can't be done at home well after my money was committed. Not sure how I will finish them (if they actually appear)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can home anodize 7075 aluminum.  I just chose to send mine  off for custom finishing.

http://www.ehow.com/how_11404267_anodizing-7075-aluminum.html
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Update 07/26/2013:
- No new projects
- changed some descriptions
- rearranged the order to reflect the Rockethub search
- 1 offer disappeared
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Do 80% lowers typically have the same areas completed and not completed?  I ask because I wonder if a jig from one company would work on 80% lowers from another.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do 80% lowers typically have the same areas completed and not completed?  I ask because I wonder if a jig from one company would work on 80% lowers from another.
View Quote

According to the latest ATF guidance the fire control pocket cannot have any modifications made to it in order for the item to be considered a paperweight instead of a lower receiver.  From my experience, almost all the current offerings are very similar if not identical in what they need to have done to turned into a lower receiver.

The problem you run into with the various lowers are dimensional variations between billet receivers, standard receivers, and receivers with flared magwells.  You can buy a generic jig and hope for the best, but most often  you need a jig specifically machined for that particular lower.  I have two jigs currently from the same company that allow me to work on standard lowers, but they will not work with billeted lowers due to dimensional variations in the magazine well area.  The approach I would recommend is to decide on which lower you want then contact them for recommendations on which jig to use.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Thank you for the reply, oldsgm.  I'll look at the option available.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I went with an outfit in OK. "Precision Arms MFG"
They seem legit, but time will tell if my anodized $35 lower shows up.
Seems like the guys in the south and midwest generally come through.  Honest good folk.  

Just had a guy in Commiefornia bid on a rifle on Gunbroker.com and has not paid me for over a month now.  
All of my Gunbroker transactions that took place with Southerners worked out well.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#48]
yet another weekly update and i am NOT seeing anyone post that they got a product for one of the projects that finished in springtime.  several projects ended in june so i am curious how many guys chipped in on those?  

well i guess i should ask a legetimate question here for the week and see what yall have to say about it.  i am considering a 7.62x39 upper as the price is bout the same as a 5.56x45  but my question becomes do i LOSE anything in the 300-400 yard accuracy department?  do i gain enough knock down power in this range to justify this purchase?  i do not anticipate much accuracy past 400yrd with this round so any and all long range chores are going to be left to .308 platform.  by the way why the holy hell is a .308 upper double or triple the cost of a 5.56 upper?  its nucking futs!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
yet another weekly update and i am NOT seeing anyone post that they got a product for one of the projects that finished in springtime.  several projects ended in june so i am curious how many guys chipped in on those?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just so you are aware, the projects didn't "finish" in spring or june - that's simply when the pledging period was over.

well i guess i should ask a legetimate question here for the week and see what yall have to say about it.  i am considering a 7.62x39 upper as the price is bout the same as a 5.56x45  but my question becomes do i LOSE anything in the 300-400 yard accuracy department?  do i gain enough knock down power in this range to justify this purchase?  i do not anticipate much accuracy past 400yrd with this round so any and all long range chores are going to be left to .308 platform.  by the way why the holy hell is a .308 upper double or triple the cost of a 5.56 upper?  its nucking futs!!

It's a legitimate question, but not for this thread or even this subforum.  Check out AR Variants and I'm sure you will get excellent advice there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#50]
This was Posted 8 Hours ago on Precision Arms Facebook page, this is on there closed Project and they still have an open campaign,
I'm in the open campaign and its good to hear someone is shipping there lowers out.
They keep everyone updated about all stages of there projects.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today we started shipping our first campaign, be on the lookout for customers pictures and feedback.
We are the first large RH project to actually start shipping, we hope that you choose Precision Arms MFG for your next build.
We stand behind proven reliability and customer service.
If your not first your last. SHAKE AND BAKE
Thank you for all your support
Team Precision Arms MFG
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top