Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2012 11:00:11 AM EDT
I know there are a few companies that make A2 buttstock kits. My question is, are there any major differences between them?
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Armalite, DPMS, Colt, and Bushmaster are the four I have personal experience with.  So far as I can tell there is not a nickel's worth of difference between any of them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If it matters to you, a lot of the current offerings use a plastic door assembly for the butt plate.
I know that the DPMS still come with the original aluminum door assembly, which I still insist on.
I have ordered two of them from Sportsman's Guide in the recent past, and both of them are good quality.
A lot of people are fine with the new style plastic doors though, so it may not be an issue for you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been using Fulton Armory stocks.
They fit good and I have had no problems with any of them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Stag, LMT and RRA A2 stocks, no difference in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt made a rare 5/8 inch shorter A2 stock (A1 stock length) which was on my former Sporter Lightweight model R6530 carbine late 1990 model.

Most of them are marked with the letters "CS" but there are some that are not marked, they're very rare and expensive now if you could even find one.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen the plastic and the aluminum A2 stocks.  I am only familiar with Colt, Old school Bushmaster and a gun show cheapie.  I believe both Colt and Bushy had the aluminum doors which I prefer.  You can't really tell the difference too much on the plastic until you open the trap door.  The release pin was also cheaper looking on the plastic door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top