4/17/2014 3:33:50 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 11
Author
NRA
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:29:35 AM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Does anyone have any information on the current RGuns BCG offerings.

I see they have them for $115.00

I'd just like to know if they are good steel, pressure tested, mag particle inspected or anything like that.

Thanks
The second amendment is the reset button on the Constitution!
AR15 Platinum Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
GCA Member
Expert High Power Rifle
josho66
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:45:26 AM
Originally Posted By BUSHMAN15:

I'd just like to know if they are good steel, pressure tested, mag particle inspected or anything like that.

Thanks

Check the in stock BCG thread, it's pretty clear from what we are finding out they aren't actually in stock right now. That along with the $100 cancel fee and bad reviews all over the internet for Rguns has pushed me away from them, probably even if they were in stock.
Emt1581
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:39:35 AM
Originally Posted By josho66:

Thanks

Check the in stock BCG thread, it's pretty clear from what we are finding out they aren't actually in stock right now. That along with the $100 cancel fee and bad reviews all over the internet for Rguns has pushed me away from them, probably even if they were in stock.

I have actually had nothing but great experience with RGuns PRODUCTS.....the company on the customer service end is a joke! Complete joke!! I called up two weeks ago and asked if they were actually shipping uppers. The guy goes... "well you could just buy from us". I didn't bother to tell him the reason I wasn't buying from him was because of their horrible rep. He comes back on the line and says "oh yeah we're shipping a huge shipment to them next week"....this was in regard to Aimsurplus' order. Still nothing....

Their products have been great but I'm convinced they have a HORRIBLE work/business ethic going on. Can't really trust anything they say.

-Emt1581
josho66
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2012 3:44:05 PM
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

Thanks

I have actually had nothing but great experience with RGuns PRODUCTS.....the company on the customer service end is a joke! Complete joke!! I called up two weeks ago and asked if they were actually shipping uppers. The guy goes... "well you could just buy from us". I didn't bother to tell him the reason I wasn't buying from him was because of their horrible rep. He comes back on the line and says "oh yeah we're shipping a huge shipment to them next week"....this was in regard to Aimsurplus' order. Still nothing....

Their products have been great but I'm convinced they have a HORRIBLE work/business ethic going on. Can't really trust anything they say.

-Emt1581

I've never used their stuff, I'm just going off all the poor feedback I see. Also the $100 cancel fee just proves the kind of company they are. Also they never answer the phone.
Emt1581
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:21:00 PM

I've never used their stuff, I'm just going off all the poor feedback I see. Also the $100 cancel fee just proves the kind of company they are. Also they never answer the phone.

In all fairness, just before the SHTF I called them. The guy answered. But like I said, he gave me a generic answer that Aimsurplus told me he gave them two weeks prior. And yes, that is why they have the $100 cancellation fee, because they are lazy assholes that have poor customer service and SLOW ship times. Once you get their products though they are good to go. I have bought both an upper and lower (ShARps) from them....excellent quality! I prefer it over my Del-Ton's and Bushies.

This is why I buy them, but through AIM. AIM always delivers. No bullshit to go through with them.

-Emt1581
matt7184
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:26:08 PM
I wonder how they plan to enforce that $100 cancellation fee if they are lying about stock status on their webpage. Clearly it's not in stock...it is backordered...
Emt1581
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:32:40 PM
Originally Posted By matt7184:
I wonder how they plan to enforce that $100 cancellation fee if they are lying about stock status on their webpage. Clearly it's not in stock...it is backordered...

That, their shut down of any communication, and their horrible rep is why I haven't placed an order directly with them.

-Emt1581
jameybaxter
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 2:34:04 AM
they do not charge or authorize your card until you are shipped the item.

I ordered a lot of stuff from them. I hope I get it, but right now they have been relegated to plan B since I haven't heard from them post order.

The lady I spoke with at the beginning of the month (who was NOT friendly) told me that if it was "in stock" on the website, they had it, but would take 2-3 weeks to get it shipped.

Not surprisingly, all the uppers and parts I ordered are then are now out of stock (and some apparently were marked up before being marked OOS)

Complete uppers with everything for $409 was a great deal! They had some sweet stuff for $475 and under.
thesilvercord
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:41:41 AM
Check the other BCG thread. I emailed them after placing my order and I asked if they had them in stock. They replied "yes".
josho66
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:22:40 PM
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
Check the other BCG thread. I emailed them after placing my order and I asked if they had them in stock. They replied "yes".

This was Rguns? I was told someone called them and they said no. I have tried to call Rguns about twenty times and no one will answer.

Snakedocc
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:37:40 PM
I ordered a bolt carrier, bolt and a upper receiver on the 25th.

I received my order conformation but that's it for now. I don't expect anything for awhile.
chibajoe
Swimming in a fishbowl
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:56:44 PM
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

Thanks

-Emt1581

My experience with them has been similar. I have a bunch of their parts, and they have been, for the most part, very good. I have always, however, bought their stuff through Aim Surplus, who I know has excellent service in the event that something needs to be sent back. Based on internet feedback, I would never order stuff directly from RGuns.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes...
That way, when you do judge them, you will be a mile away, and they will have no shoes.
thesilvercord
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:06:37 PM
[Last Edit: 12/30/2012 8:10:59 PM by thesilvercord]

This was Rguns? I was told someone called them and they said no. I have tried to call Rguns about twenty times and no one will answer.

Yes Rguns. I annoyed them a bit, but I wanted to know if it was in stock. I ordered 2 BCG's.

The reason you are not getting through via phone (this is from their website):
"7. Please do not call or email to check on order status; we are trying to devote our time to getting your orders shipped as fast as possible and time spent responding to an "order check" call or email is time taken away from packing and shipping."
josho66
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:39:44 PM

Yes Rguns. I annoyed them a bit, but I wanted to know if it was in stock. I ordered 2 BCG's.

http://s14.postimage.org/hb21j5w0x/rguns.jpg

"7. Please do not call or email to check on order status; we are trying to devote our time to getting your orders shipped as fast as possible and time spent responding to an "order check" call or email is time taken away from packing and shipping."

So we can assume then if it's listed on the site they are in stock? I'm not a huge fan of them but I might just give it a try......
thesilvercord
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2012 11:39:59 PM

http://s14.postimage.org/hb21j5w0x/rguns.jpg

So we can assume then if it's listed on the site they are in stock? I'm not a huge fan of them but I might just give it a try......

However you want to interpret the email. They don't flat out say they have it in stock in the email reply because they only reply with the minimum amount of words, but it definitely appears so..
thesilvercord
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/31/2012 11:58:37 AM
Anyone been charged by RGUNS yet? Please let us know when you do, thanks.
BUSHMAN15
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/31/2012 4:40:05 PM
Anyone mind if I bring this back on topic....

Does anyone know the metallurgy of the BCG's offered by RGuns???

Thx
The second amendment is the reset button on the Constitution!
AR15 Platinum Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
GCA Member
Expert High Power Rifle
Skbass21
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:13:28 PM
I ordered one back on the 23rd and after two emails and no charge I got this reply today.

RGUNS Reply:

> YES

Just want to know if I may see this shipped in the next couple weeks or
> was it even in stock?
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Dec 27, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Skbass21 wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to follow up and make sure my order below was submitted
>> over the weekend. There was heavy traffic and I wasn't sure if it
>> actually processed or not. Thanks for having stuff in stock :)
resante
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:15:00 PM
Yikes. I was seriously considering ordering an upper from them but all of the feedback on here made me steer clear... they've got some good looking stuff at reasonable prices but with the current climate I'd rather pay a little more and get something in my hand pronto.
bwell
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2013 2:02:36 AM
I ordered an upper from them two months ago and it took less than a week for me to get it, I have only bought this one thing from the but it has been pleasant.
Skbass21
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:31:22 AM
I just hope to get my BCG soon...otherwise my latest build will be complete other than the bolt.....
Bhart89
Size 14 Carbon Footprint
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:41:58 AM
Anyone mind if I bring this back on topic....

Does anyone know the metallurgy of the BCG's offered by RGuns???

Thx

A search from about a year ago indicated 8620 steel. Not saying this is currently what they are using. Given the option I would always choose the carpenter over 8620 but that said I have 4 8620 bolts that have never failed granted the heaviest use one has only about 2500 rounds through it.
Rand Paul 2016
Monstrotx
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 9:01:17 AM
Originally Posted By Skbass21:
I just hope to get my BCG soon...otherwise my latest build will be complete other than the bolt.....

I'm sitting in the same boat...
cruisertoy
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/4/2013 3:29:22 PM
Thier BCG doesn't show "out of Stock" like everything else so I ordered up one today.
smgarv07
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:21:03 AM
I bought an RGuns BCG a few weeks ago from a local dealer. Haven't really pushed a lot of rounds with it yet, but so far so good.
btravagline
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:32:00 AM
I'm in the same boat as others. I ordered an RGUNS BCG on 12/23 and still haven't seen the charge hit my card. Hopefully they do fill the orders, this is the BCG for my first build. I thought I was lucky to grab one while we all thought they were " in stock".

Patience and fingers crossed!
  Previous Page
Page:  / 11
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED