Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2012 8:14:00 AM EDT
Building a couple rifles for my brother and niece as gifts......I know what I prefer, but looking for a comparison on these and any other suggestions......
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with the BAD-ASS
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'd go with the BAD-ASS
Why? Do you have experience with both of the products in question? Both Magpul and Noveske are known for putting out top-notch products.

Link Posted: 9/15/2012 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the fact that the Noveske//magpul is essentially plastic bother you?
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does the fact that the Noveske//magpul is essentially plastic bother you?

Thats one reason, but I really like the variety of levers you get with the BAD-ASS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to use the Noveske/Magpul as thats the lowers I am using for them, but it being new and me not being familiar......

I love the Magpul trigger guards but I use the aluminum one, not the plastic.  I may be over analyzing this,but it will probably be the only rifle I ever build for my brother and while he is a vet, he isnt a gun guy and probably wont be making much changes.

Link Posted: 9/16/2012 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I had both, and I still have the BAD CASS and plan on getting another, along with a BAD ASS, and a BAD ASS-22. BAD looks better and the CASS has dovetailed levers for additional measure. To me it "fits" better ergonomically and functionally. The customer service is indescribable! They are very active on the forums and they will bend over backwards for you. I haven't had to deal with Noveske's CS so I can't speak to that.

the Noveske was too thick, in it's defense I guess you could dremel, sand, file the levers. Or you can get a BAD and call it good :P other things I didn't like on the STS: the set screws suck to install (I was using a jewelers screwdriver and a leatherman to turn the screwdriver), the levers are really hard to get off the center section, and the right side short lever is invasive(I'm right handed). it's more affordable and the 60 degree throw allows the use on standard/non-45 or 50 degree lowers without potential legal and warranty issues ;)@Duffy
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top