Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine can't even be pushed in by hand.  I tapped it in a little bit with a small mallet and stopped.  Gotta figure out what I am going to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine can't even be pushed in by hand.  I tapped it in a little bit with a small mallet and stopped.  Gotta figure out what I am going to do with it.
View Quote

Have you tried adding a little bit lube/grease?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, its way past needing a *bit* of lube.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking about ordering one of these lowers to make an SBR. Has anyone gotten one of these lowers engraved for a Form 1?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about ordering one of these lowers to make an SBR. Has anyone gotten one of these lowers engraved for a Form 1?
View Quote

I have not myself, but I've seen a couple pics where guys who did had the engraving on the flat part just below where the serial number is and it didn't look bad. I was considering this myself and wondering where would be the best place to put it on the lower.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a AXTS lower dream build I have been thinking of letting go to finance a 4-Wheeler but here are some pictures for fun
What do you guys think about the build?? Would you do anything different?

Lower:
Geissele 2 stage  trigger
Axts AX556 full ambi lower receiver (multi cal)
Magpul crt stock
Spikes ST-T2 buffer
Sprinco red spring
Magpul MIAD pistol grip
BAD-ASS-ST AMBI SAFETY SELECTOR

Upper:
Vltor Mur1a upper with forward assist
JP  FMOS16 BCG
JP enterprises rapid configuration handguard
JP enterprises enhanced bolt and firing pin
Leapold mark ar mod 1 with fire dot
Noveske N4 light barrel 1/7 5.56
Rainer Arms Raptor/axts ambi charging handle
PWS FSC 5.56 break
Noveske gas block

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a AXTS lower dream build I have been thinking of letting go to finance a 4-Wheeler but here are some pictures for fun

Lower:

Magpul crt stock

Spikes ST-T2 buffer

Sprinco red spring

Magpul MIAD pistol grip

Upper:

JP  FMOS16 BCG

PWS FSC 5.56 break

Noveske gas block

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/iilovetuelxo/c439395b-86a8-42e2-a61f-d2d9afff9078_zps0b4f3fee.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/iilovetuelxo/549126d3-38cb-4414-b0cf-48baac72bc47_zps9ac0f6b8.jpg
View Quote

The Magpul CRT is a rare Unicorn. Only one ever made it out into the wild. It appears as though you have it.

I would change the muzzle device, gas block, grip, buffer, spring, and hand guard out.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Lower:

Magpul crt stock

Spikes ST-T2 buffer

Sprinco red spring

Magpul MIAD pistol grip

Upper:

JP  FMOS16 BCG

PWS FSC 5.56 break

Noveske gas block

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/iilovetuelxo/c439395b-86a8-42e2-a61f-d2d9afff9078_zps0b4f3fee.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/iilovetuelxo/549126d3-38cb-4414-b0cf-48baac72bc47_zps9ac0f6b8.jpg
View Quote

Damn it. There goes my plans for saving money... I now have to build a AX556 lower + VLTOR MUR Upper + BCM KMR & Barrel 11.5" SBR. The only real question is BCM or Spikes Titanium BCG and what color to get it cerakoted. And how much can I get for my STT lower to fund this?

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Made a few changes:
Vortex 1-6
Bobro mount
San Tan Tactical STT-15 PIllar Billet Upper
LaRue buffer tube
JP silent capture spring
WMD Nib BCG
Samson Evo rail 15"
AX556 Lower
MFT furniture (probably going to get it cerakoted too)
Syrac Ordnance Adjustable gas block
Hiperfire 24C (sans Hipershoe)
Gen1 Effin A compensator
Custom match grade fluted Shilen barrel from Mike at Dtechuppers.com (16" 1:8)
Cerakote mixtures of Burnt Bronze and Graphite Black by Derrick at Horizonfirearms.com

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for the crappy photos but I just learned how to post pictures using Imgur (thanks to xxspudxx).
Here are my AXTS twins (started building them several years ago and adding/changing things along).

Upper assembly:
Seekins Precision upper
Spikes Tactical 1/7 barrel
VG6 Precision Delta 556 compensator
Spikes Tactical NiB BCG
Magpul AFG1 and UTG vertical foregrip (tried and liked them both)
Seekins Precision 7" SAR rail
Magpul rail covers
JP Enterprises FSB (I'm not a big fan of flip up sights and I like the iconic triangular shape of the M16 FSB)
RRA stand alone rear sight
Eotech EXPS3-0
Noveske K9 barricade support (on the OD build)
Rainier Arms/AXTS Raptor charging handle

Lower assembly:
AXTS lower
Spikes Tactical battle trigger
Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer and spring
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul M93A stock (bought several years ago)

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure if I did it correctly, but I tried to send the photos again.

http://i.imgur.com/hMWzkfvl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zb0Zhlcl.jpg
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#12]
AXTS new upper to debut at shot show this year...said so on their Facebook page yesterday. Hope this means it will be available soon, at least we will finally get a look at it. Thought you all would like to know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw AXTS comment about it back on 10/21.  I know some are annoyed it hasn't happened yet but that's just small business growing pains.  

A cutout designed to accommodate that gorgeous bolt release paddle, along with lines and machining that match my lower...perfect.  I'll be happy to add one when they're available.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw AXTS comment about it back on 10/21.  I know some are annoyed it hasn't happened yet but that's just small business growing pains.  

A cutout designed to accommodate that gorgeous bolt release paddle, along with lines and machining that match my lower...perfect.  I'll be happy to add one when they're available.
View Quote

I am fairly annoyed since the small business growing pains have been going on for about 4 years now and there comes a point where it's just terrible business practices.  Don't get me wrong I love their products and I will absolutely be waiting to be one of the first to get a matching upper, but these growing pains should have been solved years ago.  I'm more annoyed that someone decided to start actively updating their Facebook around summer and said the uppers would be "announced soon" and here we are yet again waiting 6 months just to see what they look like.  I don't know in what world someone considers half a year to be soon just to show a product, but I don't think it's the world I live in.  It all just feels like same old AXTS up to the same shenanigans and it gets old pretty fast--I'm jaded by it all at this point, just saying their CS leaves something to be desired.  They seem to have gotten "under-promise and over-deliver" backwards.

All that said, I am excited to finally see what this looks like...I've been waiting 2 years for it now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I would love to have an upper/lower setup...I just can't justify the cost...for even the lower...
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am fairly annoyed since the small business growing pains have been going on for about 4 years now and there comes a point where it's just terrible business practices.  Don't get me wrong I love their products and I will absolutely be waiting to be one of the first to get a matching upper, but these growing pains should have been solved years ago.  I'm more annoyed that someone decided to start actively updating their Facebook around summer and said the uppers would be "announced soon" and here we are yet again waiting 6 months just to see what they look like.  I don't know in what world someone considers half a year to be soon just to show a product, but I don't think it's the world I live in.  It all just feels like same old AXTS up to the same shenanigans and it gets old pretty fast--I'm jaded by it all at this point, just saying their CS leaves something to be desired.  They seem to have gotten "under-promise and over-deliver" backwards.

All that said, I am excited to finally see what this looks like...I've been waiting 2 years for it now.
View Quote

Long time to wait.  Can’t say I blame you.  I’ve had mine since August 2013 but I never planned on building it out right away.  Just squirreled it away for a future project.  I’ve kept up with zero updates since buying it.  I only checked FB because of natas66’s comment above.

If I had expectations based on promises I’d be ticked too.  Either they sort it out or the market will eventually do it for them.  Hope it doesn’t come to that because yes the lower is overkill and I don’t need it but it’s the finest machined lower I have.  I mean they look great in pics but in person they basically feel like artwork.  So here's to hoping they figure it out logistically
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like a BCG will be available from them also, pics on their facebook page... they may finally be kicking it into full gear, hopefully.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow just looked at there website and I see they are now selling airsoft charging handles  and at the same price.   I don't like that.  I understand they are a business and want to make money anyway they can but I feel that will just add to possible fake Raptors or people trying to sell airsoft ones as the real ones.   Unless they are both the same but marked as airsoft.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Also making rails, wow. Lots of new stuff coming from them. Looking foward to see how it all turns out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I think from what I read they are aiming to put out a complete rifle...I'd definitely be interested in an upper/rail/BCG

I wonder what they're gonna do for barrels
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Barrel is my biggest question too.  

Guess we'll know sometime between now and SHOT.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]
My build is FINALLY complete.  Ordered the lower on 12/30/13.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#23]
where can you find these lowers
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Order them from http://www.axtsweapons.com
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They say Out of stock:; Do you just order and wait? I spoke to American Defense today and was told inside of 2 weeks they will have Rifles available in the Dealers and by mid January-Feb they will have parts available AKA Lowers receivers hand-guards on a new webpage: The handguards look identical to SLR's : Even more so then they match the Geissele. I just wonder if the Rifle is worth the 2,000 they are going to start at:
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't know if you guys seen it yet but adm put out a rifle that looks to have a new axts lower on with bolt hold open and release on the same paddle just behind the mag release button.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't know if you guys seen it yet but adm put out a rifle that looks to have a new axts lower on with bolt hold open and release on the same paddle just behind the mag release button.
View Quote

Pics or link?

Edit:  Found it on their Facebook.  Reading through some photo comments, it looks like its their own brand lower, not AXTS.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#28]
AXTS, are these people slow or just lazy, ordered a lower 3 weeks ago still have to receive it !!!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
AXTS, are these people slow or just lazy, ordered a lower 3 weeks ago still have to receive it !!!!!
View Quote
Was it in stock when you ordered it? If not you will have to wait till the next batch comes in.

I waited two months for mine earlier this year.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Saw on their Instagram they posted a picture of their barrel.  It's marked "AXTS .223 WLD 1-8 SHLN"

I would assume that's a .223 Wylde barrel made from a Shilen blank?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#31]
crybabies, I waited 6mos for mine when they were having issues with their anodizer...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
crybabies, I waited 6mos for mine when they were having issues with their anodizer...
View Quote

6 month crew checking in...worth it too

So excited to finally see a completed rifle.  Wonder if they will sell complete uppers too for those of us that already own lowers

Also forgot to mention they have AXTS logo'd Geiselles that they posted
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Are these only posted on facebook (which I don't have) cause I'm not seeing anything on their website.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Are these only posted on facebook (which I don't have) cause I'm not seeing anything on their website.
View Quote

It's spread out on all their social media...some posts on Facebook, some on their Instagram--I did see by the way they are going to offer complete uppers.  Apparently for the time being they aren't even going to sell stripped lowers and they are only focusing on complete rifles and complete uppers
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It's spread out on all their social media...some posts on Facebook, some on their Instagram--I did see by the way they are going to offer complete uppers.  Apparently for the time being they aren't even going to sell stripped lowers and they are only focusing on complete rifles and complete uppers
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If true, that's is pretty dumb. Let's completely forgot about selling our lowers, which are one of the most sought after lowers on the market to focus on a completely new product lines after displaying how notoriously slow we are when it comes to ramping up production to meet demand.

I hope they have all their ducks in a row or else they are going to frustrate a lot of potential new customers.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an upper, I just think they have dropped the ball a few times to many already.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If true, that's is pretty dumb. Let's completely forgot about selling our lowers, which are one of the most sought after lowers on the market to focus on a completely new product lines after displaying how notoriously slow we are when it comes to ramping up production to meet demand.
I hope they have all their ducks in a row or else they are going to frustrate a lot of potential new customers.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an upper, I just think they have dropped the ball a few times to many already.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

AXTS is a bit late & probably expensive with the release of their rifle - everyone & their brother are trying to make rifles, IMO. I'd guess that AXTS will try to market their rifle as "boutique" / "top-tier" given the price of their other components. I see BRO's languishing in the EE, so I have a hard time believing that AXTS will sell many rifles if they try to sell them at BRO / LWRC / POF / KAC type prices. AXTS lowers look fantastic and are well received and I'm sure everything else they're making will be similar quality, but if they want $2k for a rifle, they can keep it and I'll go
buy another KAC:
AX556 Lower w/parts: $430

AX556 Safety: $80  -  announced on their facebook page

AX556 upper (new): $200 - guess

AX556 Raptor: $80

AX556 Barrel assembly (new): $300 - guess

AX556 rail (new): $250 - guess but typical price
3rd Party items:

Coated BCG: $275

Stock Kit: $150

grip: $30

Total, not including a trigger or additional markup = $1,795

Add an ALG or Geisselle trigger and this is a $2,000 rifle...
(that I will not be purchasing, GL to them though)
Maybe I'll just quite waiting for their lowers and buy a KAC Mod 2 factory SBR.
AXTS probably has only 2-3 CNC machines, so they are running at capacity to build rifles for industry day at SHOT and to fill the initial orders they hope to get. AXTS will make more money and grow their reputation by expanding to sell complete rifles and complete uppers. If we start seeing lots of lowers for sale come March, we'll know they missed the mark.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#37]
No matching stripped uppers for the existing AX556 lower owners it seems. I'm not going to purchase a complete upper just for the upper. Will be curious to see if keymod or M-LOK mounting systems will be used. If not it would be a major fail on their part IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#38]
About FREAKIN" time!!!

I have been waiting on one of these for something like two years. Let's just hope that AXTS doesn't have a partnership with the Sig Sauer MPX program...

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
About FREAKIN" time!!!

I have been waiting on one of these for something like two years. Let's just hope that AXTS doesn't have a partnership with the Sig Sauer MPX program...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10847330_789225177832738_4686609247621014539_o.jpg

View Quote
I hope you want to buy the complete upper because it sounds like stripped AX556 uppers will not be available for individual sale.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep...from their Facebook page:

I'm deeply sorry to offend you but we will offer you a complete upper but the stripped upper is not possible with how we designed our upper to rail system.  When we release the rail system in a couple days I'm sure by seeing it you will understand it's not possible.
View Quote

So not only that, but even if you bought an upper it sounds like you HAVE to use their rail system.  I can live with that if it's something similar to a LaRue PredatAR, but if they make it some big bulky quad rail it seems like I would have waited for nothing.  I'm indifferent about it all, but leaning toward disappointed.  They are going to offer a 13.5" rail length and 9.5" rail length so I hope that means they'll offer a 10ish" barrel--this build was supposed to be my ultimate SBR
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I saw ADM's receiver and short throw selector at 2014 SHOT, the resemblance to AXTS's AX-556 couldn't be a coincidence unless they had been under a rock since 2010. I was none too pleased they had copied the Battle Arms selector, a virtual clone of the BAD-ASS-ST, whereas one could argue their receiver drew heavy "inspiration" from AX-556.  

There was more to this story, I no longer buy ADM products, I like LaRue better anyway prior to the discovery.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I saw ADM's receiver and short throw selector at 2014 SHOT, the resemblance to AXTS's AX-556 couldn't be a coincidence unless they had been under a rock since 2010. I was none too pleased they had copied the Battle Arms selector, a virtual clone of the BAD-ASS-ST, whereas one could argue their receiver drew heavy "inspiration" from AX-556.  

There was more to this story, I no longer buy ADM products, I like LaRue better anyway prior to the discovery.
View Quote
Yeah ADM lost my business after seeing that rifle with a bunch of imitated styling. I guess it is just too difficult for some companies to be original.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#44]
The company started out selling mounts that drew heavy "inspiration" from LaRue products and got Mark and LT fans riled up, I guess they're used to being seen as a copycat when they repeat this behavior later and do it to others.  While I was a Battle Arms partner I refrained from making comments about them, we don't get involved in Internet bickering and name calling.  Now that I'm a free agent again till my new company has a presence here, I am free to call things as i see them.  I hope AXTS defends its design patent on the waffle mag well.

Quoted:
Yeah ADM lost my business after seeing that rifle with a bunch of imitated styling. I guess it is just too difficult for some companies to be original.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The company started out selling mounts that drew heavy "inspiration" from LaRue products and got Mark and LT fans riled up, I guess they're used to being seen as a copycat when they repeat this behavior later and do it to others.  While I was a Battle Arms partner I refrained from making comments about them, we don't get involved in Internet bickering and name calling.  Now that I'm a free agent again till my new company has a presence here, I am free to call things as i see them.  I hope AXTS defends its design patent on the waffle mag well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no idea you weren't with BAD still
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#46]
.........go to AXTS industry forum for pics....
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#47]
AXTS has their own thread over in the industry forum now, wonder if we can transfer this thread over there. Also picked up their Talon safety switch over the weekend, will put up pics and review when I get it. I am a little disappointed we won't be getting a stripped matching upper, that being said the complete upper system they have is a thing of beauty. Maybe I'll have to build another rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd buy one of them rifles and not think twice. I'm essentially waiting for them to come out then seeing if people have any issues. If they don't, I'll take one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Im looking to buy one of these lowers! To bad they don't sell them anymore. If any of you guys decide to sell hit me up!
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top