Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2012 7:33:05 PM EDT
Anyone running one on a carbine? Is it comfy? How tall are you? Good cheek weld?

I want to run with my 16 barrel and troy 13 free float. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The standard length ACE stocks are just a little too long for my liking, but I find their entry length stocks with a DPMS Buttstock Extender works very well.

ACE Ultralight Entry w/Buttstock Extender:

ACE ARFX-E w/Buttstock Extender:

ACE ARFX (standard length, top) compared to ARFX-E w/Buttstock Extender (bottom):

I'm 5'11" but my arms are a little on the short side (32-33 shirt sleeves). The entry length stocks by themselves are too short; as I understand it they're meant to be used with body armor.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the ARFX on my 3-gun rifle, and I'm 6'3".... I'm putting the ARFX-E on my wife's build, and she's 5'3". She always shoots my M-4 with the stock collapsed all the way.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Will they fit on millspec carbine buffer tubes?Are they sloppy?

Where can i pick up the buttstock extenders?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The standard length (ARFX) use rifle buffer tubes and the entry length (ARFX-E) use their own entry length tubes that come with them. Neither uses carbine buffer tubes.

ETA - DPMS Buttstock Extender
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm running the shorty skeleton on my new Del-Ton middy I put together.  I'm 5'9" and it works for me, but I've never shot another AR.  Feels pretty comfortable to use with my 1x4 scope.  Some of my friends think it's too short, but I didn't build it for them.  I might add the thicker butt pad in the future, but it works fine for me now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate to have to change buffer tubes! Maybe i will get the magpul ubr then....
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate to have to change buffer tubes! Maybe i will get the magpul ubr then....

Well hate to tell you then but, the UBR comes with its own proprietary buffer tube as well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh crap! That sucks, i didnt realize that!..... Well back to ace then!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top