Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2010 5:56:07 PM EDT
I have a Noveske Lower coming soon and am seeking the best quality lower receiver parts to go with it. I've found a web site (Jabtac) that has Daniel Defense, Spikes Tactical, and Armalite LRPK...I have no idea which is best in terms of mil-spec quality, fit, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
dh
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 5:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
LWRC as long as it has a sufficiently strong disconnector spring.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Best quality LPK-Colt
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
All my future LPKs will be DD.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
This topic comes up at least once a week. All of the major makers have their fans and haters. Seems like the big difference in the kits, other than the price, is the quality of the trigger in the kit, as the pins, detents and springs are, for all intensive purposes....the same. I used a Spikes kit (on sale and free shipping from AIM, thats why I got it), a Armalite bolt release (I just like the look of it) and the trigger group was worked over by Bill Springfield. $35 Is all I'm willing to spend on a trigger, my kind of shooting has no place for a $200+ trigger, and I really don't know how much better it would feel anyway. You really can't go wrong with any of the major players, I wouldn't be surprised if they all got the parts from the same place. So, take your pick: Spikes, DD, RRA, Stag, Armalite, DPMS, High Standard, and so many more... all will do what you want, it really depends on how much you want to pay.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the above comment, what you have to remember is that all these companies are not going to tool up just to make small parts...alot is sourced from the same vendor...there may be some small differences...I think its hard to go wrong as you use a good vendor...My Lauer lower has parts I got from JT dist I think and have never had any issues..Its goes bang everytime.

I would maybe look at the White Oak, but I really like DD stuff or LMT..can you get the parts from Noveske..maybe give them a call and see who they use for parts
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#7]
the two post above me are very true, just my opinion on this is that Daniel Defense makes the best LPK i ever used, J&T, CMT/Stag, Rock River are others i would highly recommend. i do know at one time that a friend bought a Noveske upper and got the lower for free, he called Noveske and they recommended CMT/Stag. i don't know if they still go that route, but with the quality on Stag's LPK's i can see how this would be true. i'm very picky about LPK's, i've used more than i would NOT recommend, over the ones i would. again this is just my opinion. i really wish we would get a tacked thread on LPK's
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Folks,

lots of good insite here...thanks for everyone's comments. I like the look of the ADCO kit since i can specify the grip, etc. (and trigger if i'm feeling 'rich') and the price seems right.

dh
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Folks,

lots of good insite here...thanks for everyone's comments. I like the look of the ADCO kit since i can specify the grip, etc. (and trigger if i'm feeling 'rich') and the price seems right.

dh

That is why I prefer the White Oak kit from ADCO.  I like not buying the LPK and trigger/grip together, as no one seems to have the combo I want.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Palmetto state armory's LPK Palmetto

Or if your looking for all of the upgrades at some point... its best to buy this LPK from spikes to begin with.. its cheaper Spikes Enhanced
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#11]
big fan of the DD lpks
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This topic comes up at least once a week. All of the major makers have their fans and haters. Seems like the big difference in the kits, other than the price, is the quality of the trigger in the kit, as the pins, detents and springs are, for all intensive purposes....the same. I used a Spikes kit (on sale and free shipping from AIM, thats why I got it), a Armalite bolt release (I just like the look of it) and the trigger group was worked over by Bill Springfield. $35 Is all I'm willing to spend on a trigger, my kind of shooting has no place for a $200+ trigger, and I really don't know how much better it would feel anyway. You really can't go wrong with any of the major players, I wouldn't be surprised if they all got the parts from the same place. So, take your pick: Spikes, DD, RRA, Stag, Armalite, DPMS, High Standard, and so many more... all will do what you want, it really depends on how much you want to pay.

I would disagree with this statement.  My experience has been exactly the opposite.  For instance, having purchased several of both RRA and CMT/Stag LPKs a years or so ago, I found that both brands came with triggers and hammers with identical markings.  The difference between the two was the springs and small parts- springs between brands were distincively different, as were the disconnectors, safeties, and bolt catches.  I suspect that there are only one or two companies making the FCG parts which nearly all companies buy from, while the other parts come from a broader list of sources.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Most any LPK you hear mentioned here more than a dozen times will be just fine. There are only a few actual producers of most of the lower parts. Get whichever is the best deal.

I've used DD, RRA, Stag, DPMS, M&A, Bushmaster, and two different no-names. I prefer RRA and DD in that order but only had issues with one of the two no-name kits; the TD springs were about 1/8" too long. Some guys swear by DPMS and I can't argue that they're wrong, that's what they prefer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2010 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a Stag Arms LPK today, first time I have used this brand and I'm very pleased with it. Its got a smoother lighter trigger pull than most of the LPK's I have used in the past. Its definately better than the DPMS LPKs I've used in the past. Equal to the Bushmaster/QPI IME.

One nice thing about the Stag is it has the rounded hammer I prefer where as the QPI/Bushmasters I've bought have had notched Hammers. Additionally Stag included a spare pivot/takedown detent and the pins are true roll pins not split pins.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top