Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 76 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By monsonman:
Anyone know where to find an MLC upper?

pic thread:

16" piston chopped to 12.5" and dimpled

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4814/46296643584_9aa20604c5_b.jpg
View Quote
Rifle length or cqb?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Not my pic, but awesome.

Link Posted: 2/10/2019 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
So I did this today.  CMR panels on an LM8 aren't new, but I'm not sure they're typically modified to fit better on the LM8.  I milled out the back side the panels to fit the contour of the LM8 to make for a better fit.  Also, the screws the CMR panels come with do not fit the holes on the LM8, and since I had the LMT screws for the rail sections handy I milled out the countersinks to fit those screws.  Yeah, I like to waste time some days

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
So I did this today.  CMR panels on an LM8 aren't new, but I'm not sure they're typically modified to fit better on the LM8.  I milled out the back side the panels to fit the contour of the LM8 to make for a better fit.  Also, the screws the CMR panels come with do not fit the holes on the LM8, and since I had the LMT screws for the rail sections handy I milled out the countersinks to fit those screws.  Yeah, I like to waste time some days

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/409179/2019-02-10_14_24_08_jpg-840892.JPG
View Quote
Such a great mod.  Nice work hammermil290
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

Such a great mod.  Nice work hammermil290
View Quote
Thanks!  Here it is configured as a pistol:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/409179/2019-02-10_17_12_45__XL__jpg-841102.JPG
View Quote
Sharp. What’s the color?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Sharp. What’s the color?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/409179/2019-02-10_17_12_45__XL__jpg-841102.JPG
Sharp. What’s the color?
Thanks, believe it or not it's good 'ole Aervoe Field Drab.  That stuff takes on a different look depending on the lighting.

The brace is supposed to be FDE but it's a real close match to the Field Drab color.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanks, believe it or not it's good 'ole Aervoe Field Drab.  That stuff takes on a different look depending on the lighting.

The brace is supposed to be FDE but it's a real close match to the Field Drab color.
View Quote
Makes sense. I love me some Field Drab.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

I dig the Aervoe products too.  I applied an aervoe camo job to one of my SR15s and I let it sun-bake between each coat (3 solid coats before applying pattern/dusting) and the finish is so cured that it seems like cerakote.

Cheers  ,
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#11]
Anyone have a lead on a full auto enhanced carrier? All internals are standard mil-spec, correct? Thanks!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hox] [#12]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
Anyone have a lead on a full auto enhanced carrier? All internals are standard mil-spec, correct? Thanks!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/51843801_249988142616382_7459949204891238400_n_edited_jpg-841841.JPG
View Quote
Yes standard innards. Most places I've checked are showing OOS. Even LMT themselves are showing OOS.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hox:
Yes standard innards. Most places I've checked are showing OOS. Even LMT themselves are showing OOS.
View Quote
Great thank you! And I appreciate you looking around. I'll give LMT a call and see if they can help me out
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Great thank you! And I appreciate you looking around. I'll give LMT a call and see if they can help me out
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hox:
Not sure if live inventory and never used them before but this lets you add to cart. Here
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#15]
Originally Posted By LMT_87:

Not sure if live inventory and never used them before but this lets you add to cart. Here
View Quote
Thank you very much! I ended up talking to the guys at LMT and they put 2 or 3 up on the website so if anyone is wanting to pick one up, now is the time!

Estimated time to ship 3-7 days

Full Auto Enhanced Carrier
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you very much! I ended up talking to the guys at LMT and they put 2 or 3 up on the website so if anyone is wanting to pick one up, now is the time!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LMT_87:

Coupon code IG15 takes 15% off.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

View Quote
Yes, thanks! Forgot to post that
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone is looking, I've got a new 16" MRP barrel in the EE and a new Defender complete lower in the EE as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok...maybe this is something we all know but maybe not.

My CQB upper (1913) has provisions for the KAC rail cover to snap in place...like on a KAC rail...just another little hint that they are cousins.

Anyways...it allows me to use one of the best rail covers like they are intended to be used...very cool.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

thanks to both of you

i've been waiting for them to put them back in stock , picked one up and 15% off to boot

good lmt day for me today. i ordered a mars-l lower this morning and it's already shipped plus i got to score an enhanced full auto carrier
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
thanks to both of you

i've been waiting for them to put them back in stock , picked one up and 15% off to boot

good lmt day for me today. i ordered a mars-l lower this morning and it's already shipped plus i got to score an enhanced full auto carrier
View Quote
Heck yeah! Congrats on the purchases
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jglock53] [#22]
I just picked up an MWS to keep my mrps company. I see there was a thread on them and it got archived. That sucks. I love it. Still working on my photo skills using iPhone.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:59:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#23]
I made a few changes to the 11.5". Ordered a LMT enhanced carrier to go with the enhanced bolt, swapped out the broom stick for a BCM KAG (really liking this so far), swapped out the black surefire for the tan since I broke the black one, and lastly I swapped out the A2 for a mod 3 BCM pistol grip.

Fairly small changes but since the project shifted from a 16" NZ rifle to a 11.5", prompting me to swap over to a SBR lower, I thought I'd try and build the "ultimate" suppressed SBR.

My goals are (in theory), put together the most reliable and most durable suppressed SBR AR type rifle that I can.

I definitely shouldn't have started with the NZ-16 but I'm glad I did as this whole process has been such an eye opener for me and I'm glad I'm on the LMT train

Once the enhanced carrier shows up, I'll start testing using different buffer weights, different types of ammunition, and possibly get some mediocre slow motion footage of the action with my phone. I'll be sure to post updates here for everyone if there's interest.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I made a few changes to the 11.5". Ordered a LMT enhanced carrier to go with the enhanced bolt, swapped out the broom stick for a BCM KAG (really liking this so far), swapped out the black surefire for the tan since I broke the black one, and lastly I swapped out the A2 for a mod 3 BCM pistol grip.

Fairly small changes but since the project shifted from a 16" NZ rifle to a 11.5", prompting me to swap over to a SBR lower, I thought I'd try and build the "ultimate" suppressed SBR.

My goals are (in theory), put together the most reliable and most durable suppressed SBR AR type rifle that I can.

I definitely shouldn't have started with the NZ-16 but I'm glad I did as this whole process has been such an eye opener for me and I'm glad I'm on the LMT train

Once the enhanced carrier shows up, I'll start testing using different buffer weights, different types of ammunition, and possibly get some mediocre slow motion footage of the action with my phone. I'll be sure to post updates here for everyone if there's interest.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/IMG_20190212_194644_085_jpg-843604.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/IMG_20190212_194842_069_jpg-843605.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/IMG_20190212_204942_520_jpg-843679.JPG
View Quote
Looks great with the 11.5" barrel.  I'd like to see LMT offer a stretched CQB M-lok chassis to better accommodate 11.5" barrels and no forward QD points.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Pic whore. I known when I see you are the last to reply their are some good pictures to checkout. I've been basing my whole thread selection on it lately lol.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Really feeling the MRP bug starting to lure me back in...Kicking myself for passing on the Brownells CQB uppers. I don't know whether I'd go with the quad rail or MLOK version. Weight was negligible if I recall right?

I do have a MWS build going together that I need to get pictures of.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Great work love the pics
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

Pic whore. I known when I see you are the last to reply their are some good pictures to checkout. I've been basing my whole thread selection on it lately lol.
View Quote
Haha you are too funny. Time for you to get your piston upper soon whether a LMT or PWS. You know you want to.

Originally Posted By jtdam24:

Great work love the pics
View Quote
Thank you. Honestly with LMT it feels easy to take nice pictures of them. They are very photogenic imo. I know an inanimate object can't really be photogenic but you guys get what I am saying.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 3:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#30]
A question for the LMT guys, anyone shoot a 10.5" vs 11.5" LMT barrel suppressed? Any noticeable difference? I have an extra 10.5" barrel and I'm wondering if I should sell it to get the 11.5" to make as a suppressor host once my suppressors clear. Any noticeable difference?

@AZ2A I can't remember if you had a 10.5" and then moved to an 11.5" barrel?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
A question for the LMT guys, anyone shoot a 10.5" vs 11.5" LMT barrel suppressed? Any noticeable difference? I have an extra 10.5" barrel and I'm wondering if I should sell it to get the 11.5" to make as a suppressor host once my suppressors clear. Any noticeable difference?

@AZ2A I can't remember if you had a 10.5" and then moved to an 11.5" barrel?
View Quote
I went from a 16" NZ barrel to the 11.5"

I have zero experience with the 10.5" barrel from LMT but I would highly recommend going with the 11.5" purely due to the increase in velocity you get with that extra inch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 9:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#32]
Hmmm what's this.....

It may go on top of a Zev tech Glock or may be mounted atop a Nightforce NX8 1-8X in a Geissele mount with a Reptilla mount.
This is the new Trijicon SOCOM HRS RMR (the only RMR with QR code, Bible verse and selected by SOCOM as their new Handgun Red dot Sight).
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#33]

I went from a 16" NZ barrel to the 11.5"

I have zero experience with the 10.5" barrel from LMT but I would highly recommend going with the 11.5" purely due to the increase in velocity you get with that extra inch.
View Quote
That's right, I forgot it was the 16" NZ you had before. Now that you have put more rounds through your 11.5" suppressed, do you have any complaints at all with it as a suppressor host?
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Really feeling the MRP bug starting to lure me back in...Kicking myself for passing on the Brownells CQB uppers. I don't know whether I'd go with the quad rail or MLOK version. Weight was negligible if I recall right?

View Quote
+1

Sorry to ask, since I know this was mentioned somewhere at some point, but I just can't find it right now.

Between the MLOK CQB upper and Quad Rail MRP Upper, what exactly was the weight difference?

I remember reading that the chassis itself wasn't heavy, it was the barrel profile that accounted for the bulk of the weight. Is this correct?

Does anyone have both MLC and Quad Rail CQB uppers that they can compare weights of?

I'm wanting to pick up a Quad Rail MRP CQB upper, and in no way is the weight a deal breaker. This is purely curiosity, and to debunk some of the myths I've been hearing people say about the weight being in the chassis itself instead of barrel.

I was thinking of eventually getting my hands on a 12.5" Centurion barrel, and getting in sent to be reprofiled for the MRP.

Also:

I know there have been a few generations of Quad Rail MRP uppers, are the ones currently out there for sale (via reputable dealers) up to date? Or are there chances of getting an "outdated" upper?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Think this is a new, pic.  still have a few changes in mind, optic combo, secondary sights/RMR.

Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:37:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#36]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:
+1

Sorry to ask, since I know this was mentioned somewhere at some point, but I just can't find it right now.

Between the MLOK CQB upper and Quad Rail MRP Upper, what exactly was the weight difference?

I remember reading that the chassis itself wasn't heavy, it was the barrel profile that accounted for the bulk of the weight. Is this correct?

Does anyone have both MLC and Quad Rail CQB uppers that they can compare weights of?

I'm wanting to pick up a Quad Rail MRP CQB upper, and in no way is the weight a deal breaker. This is purely curiosity, and to debunk some of the myths I've been hearing people say about the weight being in the chassis itself instead of barrel.

I was thinking of eventually getting my hands on a 12.5" Centurion barrel, and getting in sent to be reprofiled for the MRP.

Also:

I know there have been a few generations of Quad Rail MRP uppers, are the ones currently out there for sale (via reputable dealers) up to date? Or are there chances of getting an "outdated" upper?

Thanks!
View All Quotes

+1

Also:

Thanks!
I know this doesn't address your question about the CQB upper weight difference. But emtothedee posted this about the rifle length MRP vs rifle MLOK.

I would also be interested in the CQB vs CQB weight difference. If the rifle length is 5.5 ounces maybe ~2-3 ounces for the CQB?

Originally Posted By emtothedee:
Rifle length mrp vs rifle length mlok. 5.5 oz off the front of the gun

https://vgy.me/dzcqX1.jpg

https://vgy.me/Ad05xe.jpg
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:46:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePitt] [#37]
I think I recall seeing it was 3oz difference.

Anybody notice how expensive MRP components have gotten in the EE?  There used to be some deals out there but I haven't seen much lately.  I was hoping to find a deal on a 14.5 carbine barrel.  I feel like more people are eyeing the platform after the Brownells deal and all the drama with Geissele rails bending. Probably bringing the price up.

Which brings me to another point.  You guys see the trigger patent lawsuit for Geissele v. LMT?
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#38]

I know this doesn't address your question about the CQB upper weight difference. But emtothedee posted this about the rifle length MRP vs rifle MLOK.

I would also be interested in the CQB vs CQB weight difference. If the rifle length is 5.5 ounces maybe ~2-3 ounces for the CQB?
View Quote
Ok, thank you.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly was the New Zealand MRP specs? Am I right that it was quad rail mrp on ambi MARS-L lower?
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:

Anybody notice how expensive MRP components have gotten in the EE?  There used to be some deals out there but I haven't seen much lately.  I was hoping to find a deal on a 14.5 carbine barrel.  I feel like more people are eyeing the platform after the Brownells deal and all the drama with Geissele rails bending. Probably bringing the price up.

Which brings me to another point.  You guys see the trigger patent lawsuit for Geissele v. LMT?
View Quote
I have. I was picking up barrels for $150-$220 all the time. Everything’s pricer now. I’m stoked to have more people on the MRP train though. That’s just means more long term support and hopefully more factory options down the road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#40]
What's everybody's favorite torque wrench for the cross bolts? I'm aware of LMT's wrench but open to other options as I need one for the toolbox anyway.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#41]

That's right, I forgot it was the 16" NZ you had before. Now that you have put more rounds through your 11.5" suppressed, do you have any complaints at all with it as a suppressor host?
View Quote
Not at all! Just the typical suppressed SBR cons so far (gassy & oil burn off). I have a LMT enhanced carrier coming and I'll be testing different weight buffers to see what works best in the 11.5" with a high back pressure can such as my M4-2000.

So far, I'm absolutely loving the 11.5" barrel
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 11:47:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#42]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

(Taken from user tstone)

Ok, thank you.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly was the New Zealand MRP specs? Am I right that it was quad rail mrp on ambi MARS-L lower?
That is correct! It also has a bayonet lug and Surefire Warcomp

Link Posted: 2/15/2019 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#43]
What's everybody's favorite torque wrench for the cross bolts? I'm aware of LMT's wrench but open to other options as I need one for the toolbox anyway.
View Quote
A lot of people like the Seekonk torque wrench.  If memory serves it's a dedicated unit that is pre-set for the correct torque.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Hmmm what's this.....
http://i.imgur.com/3Z1h68C.jpg
It may go on top of a Zev tech Glock or may be mounted atop a Nightforce NX8 1-8X in a Geissele mount with a Reptilla mount.
This is the new Trijicon SOCOM HRS RMR (the only RMR with QR code, Bible verse and selected by SOCOM as their new Handgun Red dot Sight).
View Quote
Go with the G19X...its awesome and has made my G19 Roland obsolete.  I have a PMM comp inbound.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
Go with the G19X...its awesome and has made my G19 Roland obsolete.  I have a PMM comp inbound.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/Glock%2019X/IMG_4766_zpsony00oqw.jpg

Cheers
View All Quotes
Hmmm what's this.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/Glock%2019X/IMG_4766_zpsony00oqw.jpg

Cheers
I love my 19x but it's not milled for an RMR only my G17's have that done. I agree though the 19x is awesome
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I love my 19x but it's not milled for an RMR only my G17's have that done. I agree though the 19x is awesome
View All Quotes
Hmmm what's this.....

Cheers
I like 19X so much that I'd like to pick up another in case Glock stops selling them.  All my other Glocks collect dust now.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By m4hk33:
Think this is a new, pic.  still have a few changes in mind, optic combo, secondary sights/RMR.

https://i.ibb.co/nfFzyKG/20181222-205921.jpg
View Quote
Very cool minimalistic set up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Question for those more knowledgeable...

Who does LMT MRP Barrel Conversions these days and how do I contact them?

I've got a 12 inch 6.5 Grendel barrel inbound that I want to have converted for use with my MRP.

TIA.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
Question for those more knowledgeable...

Who does LMT MRP Barrel Conversions these days and how do I contact them?

I've got a 12 inch 6.5 Grendel barrel inbound that I want to have converted for use with my MRP.

TIA.
View Quote
Marvin Pitts/Nefarious Arms is the only one I know of. I wish there were more doing them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Marvin Pitts/Nefarious Arms is the only one I know of. I wish there were more doing them.
View Quote
he is the only one I know and would even consider
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 76 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top