Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 58 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t think it will work without modification. If you look at the MARS catch I think it looks like it is tabbed for the Ambi bolt release.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Ignore the OD stock, Tan Sopmod inbound any day now MARS-L lower, MLC Rifle length upper, 14.5 barrel with a pin/weld. Only changes made was the Magpul MOE+ grip, and LaRue MBT trigger.

I really like the setup, and despite the heavy profile barrel, I think it's a touch heavier than my SCAR 16S SBR. The only change I'd really do is a barrel lightening job, and H2 buffer. I wonder if Marvin and dimple a barrel that's already pinned and welded...
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:13:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hobbez84:
http://i.imgur.com/SxOKFDrh.jpg

Ignore the OD stock, Tan Sopmod inbound any day now MARS-L lower, MLC Rifle length upper, 14.5 barrel with a pin/weld. Only changes made was the Magpul MOE+ grip, and LaRue MBT trigger.

I really like the setup, and despite the heavy profile barrel, I think it's a touch heavier than my SCAR 16S SBR. The only change I'd really do is a barrel lightening job, and H2 buffer. I wonder if Marvin and dimple a barrel that's already pinned and welded...
View Quote
That thing is sweet!
Marvin is at least at 12 week lead time. I ended up getting a refund on work I sent out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
and i know when he dimpled my barrel he took the gasblock off.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
and i know when he dimpled my barrel he took the gasblock off.
View Quote
Bummer. I can deal with a wait, but I dont want to lose the p&w flash hider.

Perfect excuse to buy a 2nd barrel. Sadly as thin as the handguard is, I don't see a lot of room for an adjustable gas block. I could use one since I have a Sandman K in ATF purgatory, that will be dedicated to the LMT.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Funny thing, with a Surefire M600DF, EXPS 3-0, and no mag, the LMT (as pictured above) weighs 8.2 lbs.

My SCAR 16S with a 10" barrel, same light, no mag, and Aimpoint T2 weights.....8.2 lbs.

Of course, the SBR balances better since a lot of the weight is in the middle of the reciever. The LMT is def. front heavy, and now I'm really interested if I can bring the weight down to below 8 lbs by dropping the barrel weight.

I should also mention this was done on a no frills digital scale so the measurements arent exactly super accurate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Bummer. I can deal with a wait, but I dont want to lose the p&w flash hider.

Perfect excuse to buy a 2nd barrel. Sadly as thin as the handguard is, I don't see a lot of room for an adjustable gas block. I could use one since I have a Sandman K in ATF purgatory, that will be dedicated to the LMT.
View Quote
Great excuse for another barrel for sure. I’m selling one too in case you’re in the market.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hiih8r:
10.5" MRP upper topped with an Elcan 1-4 and also sporting a L3 LWTS thermal clip on. Ignore the peasant lower, my MARS-L stripped lower, LMT internals, and SBA3 will be at my dealer any day now.

https://i.imgur.com/2gLWkRh.jpg
View Quote
slick setup
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Very nice, Oddly enough that is damn close to the final configuration that i am going to put together the next time i am in country.

Question, what mloc panels are those?

have you ever put that set up on a scale?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hobbez84] [#10]
Originally Posted By m4hk33:

Very nice, Oddly enough that is damn close to the final configuration that i am going to put together the next time i am in country.

Question, what mloc panels are those?

have you ever put that set up on a scale?
View Quote
@m4hk33

1. The black g10 panels are the railscales panels. 2 XOS panels on the sides, and 1 XOS-H panel on the bottom, with a Karve handstop. They surround the sides and bottom with a paper thin gap between each other. Your support hand will not touch any part of the rail, which is great since my hand naturally falls aroumd the gas block. The tan inserts are just cut Magpul Type 1 covers. I just use them as an index point.

Here's an instagram pic I posted not too long ago.

2. Weight with the 14.5 barrel, EXPS 3-0, surefire M600df + switch, and the temporary magpul SL stock is an unscientific 8.2 lbs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#11]

@m4hk33

1. The black g10 panels are the railscales panels. 2 XOS panels on the sides, and 1 XOS-H panel on the bottom, with a Karve handstop. They surround the sides and bottom with a paper thin gap between each other. Your support hand will not touch any part of the rail, which is great since my hand naturally falls aroumd the gas block. The tan inserts are just cut Magpul Type 1 covers. I just use them as an index point.

Here's an instagram pic I posted not too long ago.

2. Weight with the 14.5 barrel, EXPS 3-0, surefire M600df + switch, and the temporary magpul SL stock is an unscientific 8.2 lbs.
View Quote
Cool, I never knew that company existed, I'll have to get a set for both my MRP and MWS MLoc Chassis'  Thats not really a bad weight. Add a dimple job and that could may be the ticket, thats going to be nice

How do you like the newer Eotech's?  I used them a few years back before all the drama, went Aimpoints for a while and have been considering picking one up.  I like the one i had back in the day,
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Looking good! The Sopmod will certainly look better but it is a couple of ounces heavier than the SL-S. That weight overall isn't half bad considering the rifle length upper and the heavy 14.5" LMT barrel. Marvin takes time and you must be patient, the last work I sent to him had a 16-18 week turn around. If want to do it then I'd likely suggest picking up a second barrel to have sent in for the work so that you can continue to use the setup you currently have here. You can always dump that barrel on the EE when your dimpled barrel arrives.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hobbez84] [#13]

How do you like the newer Eotech's?  I used them a few years back before all the drama, went Aimpoints for a while and have been considering picking one up.  I like the one i had back in the day,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I like the EXPS series. the one pictured on the LMT sat on the SCAR 16S for awhile, and gave me no issues. I actually landed the one pictured for cheap in a trade earlier this year, and I've been happy with the optic. I really do like the larger window, and the reticule. I don't like the fact that I can't keep it turned on constantly like an Aimpoint.

Originally Posted By STXDobie:

Looking good! The Sopmod will certainly look better but it is a couple of ounces heavier than the SL-S. That weight overall isn't half bad considering the rifle length upper and the heavy 14.5" LMT barrel. Marvin takes time and you must be patient, the last work I sent to him had a 16-18 week turn around. If want to do it then I'd likely suggest picking up a second barrel to have sent in for the work so that you can continue to use the setup you currently have here. You can always dump that barrel on the EE when your dimpled barrel arrives.
I sent him an e-mail. I saw that he occasionally has full barrels with his work done for sale. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#14]
LMT should get with the times and offer lighter weight barrels.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
LMT should get with the times and offer lighter weight barrels.

Cheers
View Quote
They’ve done it for the MWS.

Maybe the MRP will be next. Can always keep hoping.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#16]
The day one and a half became 2!!!

You ask for miracles, Theo

https://image.ibb.co/j1zrJR/20171117_182242.jpg
View Quote
@m4hk33 Do you know what the weight savings is for the M-LOK chassis vs the standard railed MWS chassis?

I’m trying to determine if there would be a notable difference switching my lightweight 13.5 over.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I want to say 8oz.  The slk was 2oz lighter, the mlk is like 6oz lighter than the slk.

I really like it. Completely changed the way the weapon handles.  That combo takes almost 14oz off the front end of the rifle.

I honestly prefer it over my SCAR. My railed chassis is getting built with my 6.5 barrel. The mlk will run  the 13.5, and Mars lower.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks. I think I’m going to do something similar with my MWS as well, especially now that I’ve picked up a new MARS-H lower.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#19]

View Quote
Damn that's one of sweetest rifles I've seen in a really long time.  I'd rather have a SD-E and T-2 up top, but I won't be complaining if you decide to send me your rifle:)

I've only bought IWS lowers since they came out, but now I think I finally can go all LMT with my rifles outside of KAC micros as I still prefer those over everything else on the market.

As I've said for many years to folks in conversations about MRPs, I'll gladly pay the extra 1lb or so weight penalty in return for the world's most bombproof, modular, rigid AR platform to date.   MRPs as whole are easily among the most accurate factory ARs produced, if not the most accurate out of the box model produced.   One last thing people also heavily discount with regard to the MRP design is just how much they dissipate heat over traditional uppers, the added weight, and heavier profile barrels help contribute to this aspect heavily as well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Damn that's one of sweetest rifles I've seen in a really long time.  I'd rather have a SD-E and T-2 up top, but I won't be complaining if you decide to send me your rifle:)

I've only bought IWS lowers since they came out, but now I think I finally can go all LMT with my rifles outside of KAC micros as I still prefer those over everything else on the market.

As I've said for many years to folks in conversations about MRPs, I'll gladly pay the extra 1lb or so weight penalty in return for the world's most bombproof, modular, rigid AR platform to date.   MRPs as whole are easily among the most accurate factory ARs produced, if not the most accurate out of the box model produced.   One last thing people also heavily discount with regard to the MRP design is just how much they dissipate heat over traditional uppers, the added weight, and heavier profile barrels help contribute to this aspect heavily as well.
View All Quotes

This guy gets it. I'd rather have Oprah Winfrey shit in my mouth from a hot air balloon than have lmt change their barrel profiles to something light weight.

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 6:48:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STXDobie] [#21]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

This guy gets it. I'd rather have Oprah Winfrey shit in my mouth from a hot air balloon than have lmt change their barrel profiles to something light weight.

http://i.imgur.com/WXfZz5Y.jpg
View Quote
ROFL, I'm dying over here.

Sweet rifle BTW, love the grey, but it needs a MARs lower.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Sweet rifle BTW, love the grey!
View All Quotes

Sweet rifle BTW, love the grey!
Thanks brother. It's actually a black and white pic with the can and mount still on color. I'd love to do a gray rifle though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:53:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hobbez84] [#23]

SOPMOD is in

It wont have the G33 or bipod on there fulltime, but it's nice to have on range day when I want to slow down and relax.

Man...I could use an ACOG too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Sooo you're saying that if LMT offered LW profile barrels you wouldn't buy one?  Why not?  I never said that LMT should stop making their existing profile, just offer LW for those that prefer them.  I did enjoy your analogy though and I always like your photos.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Well thanks to the help of a fellow Arfcomer here I have been able to bring my old LMT back to life and its former glory. I love the 11.5" barrel length for an SBR so I picked up a barrel a while back with the anticipation piecing back together the upper of this original MRP. I still haven't figured out what I am going to do about rail panels or a hand stop, I am not fully sold on the original KAC panels I picked out for it and how it looks, but it might look better with a hand stop and another rail panel on the bottom. I have a Surefire Scout that I need to slap on but I am still waiting for the SR07 tape switch to show up and I need an offset rail mount for that as well. I stole the AAC Mini4 off of my Scar SBR so we shall see how they do together. For now it'll make a great backup to my SR-15 11.5" and it might even find work as a loaner gun in a class or two.

Any thoughts on rail panels and hand stops?

With its brother of another mother, KAC SR-15 CBQ SBR 11.5".

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#26]
Well thanks to the help of a fellow Arfcomer here I have been able to bring my old LMT back to life and its former glory. I love the 11.5" barrel length for an SBR so I picked up a barrel a while back with the anticipation piecing back together the upper of this original MRP. I still haven't figured out what I am going to do about rail panels or a hand stop, I am not fully sold on the original KAC panels I picked out for it and how it looks, but it might look better with a hand stop and another rail panel on the bottom. I have a Surefire Scout that I need to slap on but I am still waiting for the SR07 tape switch to show up and I need an offset rail mount for that as well. I stole the AAC Mini4 off of my Scar SBR so we shall see how they do together. For now it'll make a great backup to my SR-15 11.5" and it might even find work as a loaner gun in a class or two.

https://i.imgur.com/UDw9e2Y.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/izdAdKc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MLlX7Av.jpg
View Quote
IMHO it's hard to beat the old school Surefire rail panels if you can find them, however they only come in black.  LaRue index clips are also a good, low profile option for 1913 pic rails as they can easily accommodate most hand stops.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#27]

IMHO it's hard to beat the old school Surefire rail panels if you can find them, however they only come in black.  LaRue index clips are also a good, low profile option for 1913 pic rails as they can easily accommodate most hand stops.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/HK%20MR556A1/11dff829-b35e-4350-8bfd-d5e02337e9bd_zpss0dytakv.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/LMT/FullSizeRender135_zpsmrehogwp.jpg

Cheers
View Quote
Thanks for the pointers. I love the old Surefire rail panels/ladders but I haven't seen those for sale or in stock anywhere in few a years now. I can't bring myself to spend money on or own anything with the LaRue name on it, good stuff but it's just a matter of principle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Thanks for the pointers. I love the old Surefire rail panels/ladders but I haven't seen those for sale or in stock anywhere in few a years now. I can't bring myself to spend money on or own anything with the LaRue name on it, good stuff but it's just a matter of principle.
View Quote
No worries. I guess I’m uninformed about LaRue politics.  I have a few tins of index clips from EAG swag bags and they are a nice alternative to bulky rail panels. That’s all.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#29]

No worries. I guess I’m uninformed about LaRue politics.  I have a few tins of index clips from EAG swag bags and they are a nice alternative to bulky rail panels. That’s all.

Cheers
View Quote
LOL, it's not a big deal, just a small "Texas" matter. I am going to look for some Surefire ladders though, it would be nice to come across a set. Maybe I'll give the KAC panels another go if I can pick up a KAC picatinny mount hand stop to go with them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#30]

https://i.imgur.com/UDw9e2Y.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/izdAdKc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MLlX7Av.jpg
View Quote
I kind of go back and forth on panels. I am using ERGO ladder panels at the moment.  They work, no compaints
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:40:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#31]

LOL, it's not a big deal, just a small "Texas" matter. I am going to look for some Surefire ladders though, it would be nice to come across a set. Maybe I'll give the KAC panels another go if I can pick up a KAC picatinny mount hand stop to go with them.
View Quote
Google stippled KAC covers, and if you want... even add MRP in the search box, and you'll find several people's MRP CQB SBR setups sporting stippled KAC panels, with several incorporating the KAC alum handstop in the mix.    Without stippling they suck imho.    I really like KAC panels, and find if one uses a trick or two when installing them, they'll lock in place and have zero movement.  I believe this is one of the main reasons people don't like them, as they won't lock in to every position on a rail, and when they do lock in, most rattle to some extent.

Shoot me a PM if you use them, and I'll give you some tips Ive learned over the years using them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:49:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#32]

View Quote
Lol, damn the mental image you gave me is just abhorrent, and you should send me a brazzers membership to make up for it

Clearly I share your tastes very closely, as I love stretch MRPs, and believe the OG MK1 rail is easily the most super precision of them all, and in time will be regarded as the most legendary.  It's the MRP of rails in my book, and similarly they're isn't another rail in the world that comes close to it's intricacy, depth & difficulty of manufacturing, and ultimately it's level of durability or ability to withstand incredibly amounts of abuse.   Remington RAUGs would be their only competitor, but still falls a bit short.   Keep building beautiful rifles brother, as I always enjoy seeing your pics.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Google stippled KAC covers, and if you want... even add MRP in the search box, and you'll find several people's MRP CQB SBR setups sporting stippled KAC panels, with several incorporating the KAC alum handstop in the mix.    Without stippling they suck imho.    I really like KAC panels, and find if one uses a trick or two when installing them, they'll lock in place and have zero movement.  I believe this is one of the main reasons people don't like them, as they won't lock in to every position on a rail, and when they do lock in, most rattle to some extent.

Shoot me a PM if you use them, and I'll give you some tips Ive learned over the years using them.
View Quote
Oh I am aware and I agree, they look great when done that way and they actually provide grip lol. I even have a few somewhere that I did years back (circa 2011/12). They have become more difficult to come by these days with the clone game and my set is an original Vero Beach complete kit so I'd rather find random pieces to stipple. I need to pick up the old school aluminum KAC hand stop as well, I have the hard to find Delrin/POM model for the URX 3/3.1 but it wont mount to a picatinny rail.

Thinking something like this.

Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Oh I am aware and I agree, they look great when done that way and they actually provide grip lol. I even have a few somewhere that I did years back (circa 2011/12). They have become more difficult to come by these days with the clone game and my set is an original Vero Beach complete kit so I'd rather find random pieces to stipple. I need to pick up the old school aluminum KAC hand stop as well, I have the hard to find Delrin/POM model for the URX 3/3.1 but it wont mount to a picatinny rail.

Thinking something like this.

https://i.imgur.com/Ec2Gg6U.jpg
View Quote
That’s a pic of Alex’s MRP. I have a couple of p-mags that he stippled for me BITD. He did great work.

FYI, those URX3 KAC delrin handstops are readily available through NS Defense.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#35]

FYI, those URX3 KAC delrin handstops are readily available through NS Defense.

Cheers
View Quote
Damn, had no idea! I was under the impression that they stopped making/selling them. Of course someone like NSDefense would still have them lol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Damn, had no idea! I was under the impression that they stopped making/selling them. Of course someone like NSDefense would still have them lol.
View Quote
They actually had KAC run a batch for them recently and I picked one up for my LW URX/ Christmas cheer upper.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Sooo you're saying that if LMT offered LW profile barrels you wouldn't buy one?  Why not?  I never said that LMT should stop making their existing profile, just offer LW for those that prefer them.  I did enjoy your analogy though and I always like your photos.

Cheers
View All Quotes

Cheers
Buddy,

I of course understand the desire for a lighter weight barrel, it's just not for me and maybe i was too over zealous in getting my point across. I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your amazing pics, I hope you don't think that was in any way directed towards you sir. No disrespect intended.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Buddy,

I of course understand the desire for a lighter weight barrel, it's just not for me and maybe i was too over zealous in getting my point across. I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your amazing pics, I hope you don't think that was in any way directed towards you sir. No disrespect intended.
View Quote
Ha ha...absolutely no offense taken here, I thought it was funny.

Question for you though:  are you planning on picking up an LMT suppressor?  I haven’t seen much information regarding them.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 2:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#39]
We can definitely pick on Buddyhoohaw as much as we want considering the man's firearm collection is in rarified air with regards to the particular type of rifles, and kit he owns.  His collection specifically displays immense thought, many times custom work, and ultimately uber quality in each firearm he owns that I've seen him post, and that still sticks out in a crowd around here that is full of amazing rifles and collections.   That said, the guy really has some deep emotional issues with his 50 shades of FDE policy, and I think he's never seen a shade of FDE he didn't take a shine to

One thing MRPs often exhibit, and perhaps is done by default due to their incredible modularity, but nonetheless, MRPs often display highly specialized configurations done so by owners in order to create in many times a rifle that transcends the normal notion of what a typical 6920 style AR is.   MRPs make world beating MK18 type configs, arguably the best Recce, and SPR platforms, and hopefully in time they will find a way to create a MRP that has a similar role, feel, and kiss approach as a factory 6920 or 6720, but they already have standard LMT ARs for that.   So I guess I getting at the point that their might not be a real reason for LMT to try and cater to the LW rage with it's MRP/MWS lineup considering their standard models do that perfectly fine as is.   Regardless, no MRP owner is bitching when they get the email about new lightweight MRP uppers with pencil profiled barrels.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#40]
We can definitely pick on Buddyhoohaw as much as we want considering the man's firearm collection is in rarified air with regards to the particular type of rifles, and kit he owns.  His collection specifically displays immense thought, many times custom work, and ultimately uber quality in each firearm he owns that I've seen him post, and that still sticks out in a crowd around here that is full of amazing rifles and collections.   That said, the guy really has some deep emotional issues with his 50 shades of FDE policy, and I think he's never seen a shade of FDE he didn't take a shine to

One thing MRPs often exhibit, and perhaps is done by default due to their incredible modularity, but nonetheless, MRPs often display highly specialized configurations done so by owners in order to create in many times a rifle that transcends the normal notion of what a typical 6920 style AR is.   MRPs make world beating MK18 type configs, arguably the best Recce, and SPR platforms, and hopefully in time they will find a way to create a MRP that has a similar role, feel, and kiss approach as a factory 6920 or 6720, but they already have standard LMT ARs for that.   So I guess I getting at the point that their might not be a real reason for LMT to try and cater to the LW rage with it's MRP/MWS lineup considering their standard models do that perfectly fine as is.   Regardless, no MRP owner is bitching when they get the email about new lightweight MRP uppers with pencil profiled barrels.
View Quote
I certainly appreciate the compliment, however you give me way too much credit.  I am guilty as charged regarding "50 shades of FDE" although I prefer to call it "50 shades of beige" as it sounds feng shui.

I have to say that my favorite product to emerge from the LMT shop in a while is the MARS-L lower.  I was fortunate to score one of the early releases thanks to jboy and I promptly filed a Form 1 which has since cleared.  It is mated to my original MRP CQB which is my dedicated 300 blackout rig and as a lefty I really dig it.  A huge kudos to LMT for now offering both 556 and 762 MARS lowers in stripped configuration.  It think it is a great idea that offers the individual customization opportunities which is akin to the modularity and versatility of the MRP system.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Question for you though:  are you planning on picking up an LMT suppressor?  I haven’t seen much information regarding them.

Cheers
View All Quotes

Buddy,

Cheers
Buddy,

You know how much I love LMT and I'm sure at some point I will be picking up their suppressors but first on my list is the VOX. That will definitely be my next can.

If I spilled my guts and told you all the cool things LMT was going to bring to market over the years but didn't for one reason or another it'd be amazing.

Check out the vox when you get a moment. Also my go to is the Rugged Surge. I have another cqb inbound thanks to emmtothedee
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Buddy,

You know how much I love LMT and I'm sure at some point I will be picking up their suppressors but first on my list is the VOX. That will definitely be my next can.

If I spilled my guts and told you all the cool things LMT was going to bring to market over the years but didn't for one reason or another it'd be amazing.

Check out the vox when you get a moment. Also my go to is the Rugged Surge. I have another cqb inbound thanks to emmtothedee
View Quote
How many cqbs will that make in total now?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#43]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Buddy,

In all seriousness I'm not sure. I have at least 12 MRP uppers and of all 3 styles (railed, slick, mlok) the railed are still my favorite, although I think slick may be the beefiest.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Today I learned that I have to remove the thumb safety to get the LMT factory 2 stage trigger installed in a MARS lower. That's annoying.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#46]
LMT 2 stage trigger is surprisingly bad. Adding the LaRue MBT heavy spring to the trigger was a vast improvement.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I am surprised the LMT triggers aren't satisfactory.
I've got two of them (bought in the Dark Age from WES @ MSTN) and both a really good.  One is near the equal of my KAC 2-stage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
I am surprised the LMT triggers aren't satisfactory.
I've got two of them (bought in the Dark Age from WES @ MSTN) and both a really good.  One is near the equal of my KAC 2-stage.
View Quote
Have yoiu ever gauged the pull weight? I didn't have a gauge but it felt heavier than my ALG-QMS. The legs on the trigger spring were pointing almost straight down, parallel to the trigger when unsprung.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Buddy,

View Quote
I’ll definitely checkout the Vox. I’m on a bit of a run right now with suppressors as I’ve got 5 awaiting paperwork at my SOT which will almost double my current line-up. I’m also looking to pick up 2 more KAC cans as soon as they’re released.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Looking to pick up my first MRP and wondering who has good deals for MRP MLOK rifles/uppers. Bummed that I missed out on the Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore 1500 dollar rifles. Can't find another deal that good anywhere.

Are 14.5" MLOK complete uppers sold anywhere?
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 58 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top