Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 56 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:43:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#1]
Pair of LMT beauties:

LMT MWS with 13.5" Barrel pinned FSC30, ACOG TA11J-308G, Troy BUIS, Phase5 Ambi CH, EMOD, APEG, SCAR Panels

LMT MRP with 16" Barrel with Precision Armament M4-72 Brake, ACOG TA31 "Donut of Death", Magpul MBUS, Sig Ambi Mag Catch and Safety, AR GOLD Adjustable Trigger.

The 13.5" MWS now has the same footprint as a standard 5.56 MRP...still...about 3lbs more heavy....but with the 13.5" barrel...it is about 1lb less than a factory MWS 16".

These are my go to platforms now. They will never leave my safe. The MWS 13.5" is my most favorite rifle I have ever owned.

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:34:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#2]
Here's this beast again. In the 3rd pic the target on the left was shot with IMI M855 (that's what the gun is sighted in for), the target on the right is Black Hills 69gr. Again this is a factory chrome lined barrel with single stage trigger from a Daniel Defense LPK. No sandbag or anything just a bipod. 10 rounds into each target.

Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:23:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#3]
Can someone with an MLR/MLC measure the inside of the handguard from top to bottom?

I want to see if I can fit a MK12 gas block inside. Decided to send my barrel off to Marvin for a conversion so need to figure out what gas block to use/see if it needs to be pinned while it's there.

Also kind of a gripe but why do they put QD sockets on the ends of the rails/all their uppers. Might be bearable if it had some steel inserts but I've always thought direct machined QD sockets were cheap/lazy...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
Can someone with an MLR/MLC measure the inside of the handguard from top to bottom?

I want to see if I can fit a MK12 gas block inside. Decided to send my barrel off to Marvin for a conversion so need to figure out what gas block to use/see if it needs to be pinned while it's there.

Also kind of a gripe but why do they put QD sockets on the ends of the rails/all their uppers. Might be bearable if it had some steel inserts but I've always thought direct machined QD sockets were cheap/lazy...
View Quote
I might be able to get you a rough measurement when I get home. I don't have calipers though.

For the QD sockets, I actually like that they put QD sockets on there and that they're built in. The thing I hate is that they're not rotation limited. My BCM QD socket on another rifle stops the swivel from rotating more than like 45 degrees and it stops my sling from getting all twisted up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#5]
Since Duffy and Edwin posted the oldies but goodies pics, I searched for a pic of mine circa 2009-2010ish. Still have the rifle and everything is the same but currently without an optic. Been messing around with the idea of making this a mini-RECCE set up.

Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jBoy723: Since Duffy and Edwin posted the oldies but goodies pics, I searched for a pic of mine circa 2009-2010ish. Still have the rifle and everything is the same but currently without an optic. Been messing around with the idea of making this a mini-RECCE set up.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168966/LMT_MRP_-_QDSS-NT4-647396.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168966/LMT_MRP_Piston-647399.jpg
View Quote
A 1-4 PST, Steiner, NF, or even a Razor 1-4 FFP would be perfect on this gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:47:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sevin8nin] [#7]
agreed, can be done.
This is my 12.5" DI barrelled CQB MRP when I had a nightforce 1-4 on it.

with bobro mount and can attached
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
My missing MRP child was returned to me after 11 months at a dealer getting turned in to an SBR (long story).

Hastily took some cell phone pics.
http://i.imgur.com/LKmgc03.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/dBsJMrE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X7g0OOW.jpg

In order
12.5" 5.56 barrel with AAC MITER flash hider
10.5 .300aac barrel with direct thread Omega on it
16" 5.56 barrel turned to a smaller profile by Marvin Pitts with a MITER flash hider on it

Now that i've got it back and together I'm starting to think this flashlight is way too big for this thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
terrible cell phone pic, but my SSA-E for my rifle length came in and the flat end cap for my new omega came in.

http://i.imgur.com/g2mTGWT.jpg

The list of things I need to take to the range is stacking up.
My missing MRP child was returned to me after 11 months at a dealer getting turned in to an SBR (long story).

Hastily took some cell phone pics.
http://i.imgur.com/LKmgc03.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/dBsJMrE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X7g0OOW.jpg

In order
12.5" 5.56 barrel with AAC MITER flash hider
10.5 .300aac barrel with direct thread Omega on it
16" 5.56 barrel turned to a smaller profile by Marvin Pitts with a MITER flash hider on it

Now that i've got it back and together I'm starting to think this flashlight is way too big for this thing.
@sevin8nin

How'd you get that 12.5" with MITER setup? Was that an original LMT barrel, chopped, another mfg modified? I was sort of considering an MRP with a 12-12.5" to just clear my SPR/M4, but the proprietary setup made think it wouldn't be possible.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

@sevin8nin

How'd you get that 12.5" with MITER setup? Was that an original LMT barrel, chopped, another mfg modified? I was sort of considering an MRP with a 12-12.5" to just clear my SPR/M4, but the proprietary setup made think it wouldn't be possible.
View Quote
@lancecriminal86

I bought a used 14.5" barrel off the E&E and had it chopped to 12.5
There's still a litttle room between the can and the upper. Could have probably done shorter but oh well.
It runs, although honestly it seems overgassed somehow. I'm running an lmt e-bcg and geissele super 42 buffer spring and an h2 buffer. Even though it weighs more than my BCM 14.5" it recoils harder. Put my 19oz can on it and it feels better, but I'm thinking maybe that's just the weight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Sheeeeeeesh yet another way to $pend..........

We all knew it was coming.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Their suppressors should be interesting...
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 8/25/2018 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#13]
The day one and a half became 2!!!

You ask for miracles, Theo

Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#14]
https://lmtdefense.com/suppressors

The MSRP on them is $999.

Lord help me please.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I dropped a 14.5" factory barrel with an AAC mount pinned and welded into my MLR chassis...I think I like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
I dropped a 14.5" factory barrel with an AAC mount pinned and welded into my MLR chassis...I think I like it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/409179/2018-08-26_20-652345.JPG
View Quote
I know I like it
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hammermill290: I dropped a 14.5" factory barrel with an AAC mount pinned and welded into my MLR chassis...I think I like it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/409179/2018-08-26_20-652345.JPG
View Quote
That's a nice rifle
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
I know I like it
View Quote
Originally Posted By M4ger:
That's a nice rifle
View Quote
Thanks guys!  Not as nice as what you guys post, but still nice
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 1:56:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buck_Naked] [#20]
Brownells has 16" and 10.5"  picatinny CQB uppers on sale for $699, and with coupon NDV brings it down to $629 and free shipping.... been looking at one for years and finally fent on the deal....

*No BCG or CH
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:
Brownells has 16" and 10.5"  picatinny CQB uppers on sale for $699, and with coupon NDV brings it down to $629 and free shipping.... been looking at one for years and finally fent on the deal....

*No BCG or CH
View Quote
Throw in another 8% cash back from Active Junky and that brings them down to $578.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Throw in another 8% cash back from Active Junky and that brings them down to $578.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:

*No BCG or CH
Thanks for that! Saw that in the thread, cancelled and re-ordered, and was going to add to the post!
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#23]
bout to post up my two MRP uppers in the EE. Might be willing to part out if anyone's interested in particular parts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#24]
bout to post up my two MRP uppers in the EE. Might be willing to part out if anyone's interested in particular parts.
View Quote
Oh no why bro?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
I hate to hear that as I've followed your MRP posts for years now, mainly on the other site, but now here as well.   Your MRPs are some of the most thought out, well executed specimens that exist imho.

Like you I have several MRP OG uppers that I want to sell, or trade as they are redundant in my collection and I want a MLOK MRP upper or two.  I've refrained from doing so at the moment given just how low the market has fallen for almost all things AR related, to include MRPs.   The Brownells deal will only make the prices go lower in the near term.   It's a huge buyer's market and unless your desperate to unload them, now isn't the best time.

I'd always be interested in a stripped MLOK chassis should you go that direction.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Oh no why bro?
View Quote
unfortunately I'm still not making the kind of money I'd like and a recent series of expensive incidents has got me looking to pair a lot of my 'things' down to bare necessities.
already got someone on the hook for my rifle length m-lok upper with dimpled SS barrel.

Will get my 12.5" DI CQB chassis listed soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

I hate to hear that as I've followed your MRP posts for years now, mainly on the other site, but now here as well.   Your MRPs are some of the most thought out, well executed specimens that exist imho.

Like you I have several MRP OG uppers that I want to sell, or trade as they are redundant in my collection and I want a MLOK MRP upper or two.  I've refrained from doing so at the moment given just how low the market has fallen for almost all things AR related, to include MRPs.   The Brownells deal will only make the prices go lower in the near term.   It's a huge buyer's market and unless your desperate to unload them, now isn't the best time.

I'd always be interested in a stripped MLOK chassis should you go that direction.
View Quote
True...but the Brownells mark down is temporary...
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#28]
How well does the MRP run suppressed? I just bought one of the uppers from Brownells and probably going to be running a YHM can on it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mak0:
How well does the MRP run suppressed? I just bought one of the uppers from Brownells and probably going to be running a YHM can on it.
View Quote
AWESOME SUPPRESSED

Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#30]
Originally Posted By mak0:
View Quote
FWIW, I use the Gemtech and Bootleg suppressed bolt carriers in my MRP's.  I originally tried the Gemtech because I couldn't get the gas block off of a 10.5" barrel I was shooting suppressed and I wanted to be able to turn the gas down when using a suppressor.  I was very happy to get great results with the Gemtech, so now I have a few of those and the Bootleg.  I'm not a fan of most adjustable gas blocks anyway so now I just use these carriers in suppressed guns.

You can run a suppressor without turning down the gas, which I did for several years, but it's just better IMHO if you can do so.  Without any gas regulation, you'll probably want to run a heavier buffer.  Without the carriers I'm talking about, I used to typically run an A5H3 or A5H4 buffer with my suppressed 10.5" MRP's.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Well as much as I HATE to do this in going to let one of my MRP's go. This will be a complete recce package. NIB LMT MRP RIFLE LENGTH SLICK CHASSIS with 16"SS 556 5R Mike Rock barrel and Leupold MK4 1.5-5X in a FDE ADM QD mount.

I hate to do it as they are my very favorite uppers but I have a craving for a B&T APC9/45
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#32]
And I’m back to the 2.5-10 setup. I missed it so much

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know the correct vertical fore grip for the LMT New Zealand rifle? I can’t make it out from the pictures on my phone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#34]
MRP's fo life

The Rugged Surge is an absolute beast. Here it is in K mode.

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiih8r] [#35]
MLR VALKYRIE

Stock except for an MOE + grip, Geissele SCH, and Geissele SD-E. Wearing a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 Tremor 3.

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By hiih8r:
MLR VALKYRIE

Stock except for an MOE + grip, Geissele SCH, and Geissele SD-E. Wearing a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 Tremor 3.

https://i.imgur.com/0lsE3IT.jpg
View Quote
What kind of groups are you getting? How far have you stretched it out?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

What kind of groups are you getting? How far have you stretched it out?
View Quote
Factory 90gr match hovers 1/2-3/4 MOA averaging closer to the 3/4 min side. The factory 60gr varmint is well under 1/2 minute, and the 75gr FMJ about 3/4-1moa. My loads with 95gr SMK’s developed for another rifle prints groups in the .2’s and .3’s at 100.

I’ve only shot this one to 500 but my other Valkyrie I’ve taken to 1350.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Factory 90gr match hovers 1/2-3/4 MOA averaging closer to the 3/4 min side. The factory 60gr varmint is well under 1/2 minute, and the 75gr FMJ about 3/4-1moa. My loads with 95gr SMK’s developed for another rifle prints groups in the .2’s and .3’s at 100.

I’ve only shot this one to 500 but my other Valkyrie I’ve taken to 1350.
View Quote
3 shot groups? Chrome lined correct?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#39]

3 shot groups? Chrome lined correct?
View Quote
5 shot groups, yes chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#40]

5 shot groups, yes chrome lined.
View Quote
Damn that’s impressive. I held off getting the valkyrie kit because it was chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#41]
My go to
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Damn that’s impressive. I held off getting the valkyrie kit because it was chrome lined.
View Quote
While I always go for a cut rifled barrels on precision rifles when the option is available, I had no doubts about how the chrome lined barrel would perform after having a bunch of them from LMT that have all been hammers. I actually had my dealer order me the rifle the first day of SHOT when they officially released it and made them available for purchase.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#43]

While I always go for a cut rifled barrels on precision rifles when the option is available, I had no doubts about how the chrome lined barrel would perform after having a bunch of them from LMT that have all been hammers. I actually had my dealer order me the rifle the first day of SHOT when they officially released it and made them available for purchase.
View Quote
Any pics of the groups?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#44]
My go to
http://i.imgur.com/apPfO17.jpg
View Quote
Calm down up there
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Any pics of the groups?
View Quote
I typically don’t save my targets but if the ones I hung and shot the other day before the rain started survive I’ll retrieve them once my target area dries out.

I assure you it prints 5 shots groups .2-.3” consistently with my loads though. I have better things to do than exaggerate accuracy to strangers on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mak0: How well does the MRP run suppressed? I just bought one of the uppers from Brownells and probably going to be running a YHM can on it.
View Quote
I have my 16" 5.56 paired with my YHM Titanium 308 can and a Spike's T2 buffer and it runs very nice and you'll probably be very pleased when you get it out.

I've got a MARS lower coming that is going to be used with that rifle length quad upper.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
I have my 16" 5.56 paired with my YHM Titanium 308 can and a Spike's T2 buffer and it runs very nice and you'll probably be very pleased when you get it out.

I've got a MARS lower coming that is going to be used with that rifle length quad upper.
View Quote
The MARS lowers are very nice.  You'll no doubt dig it.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#48]
MARS lowers will likely replace all of my mil-spec and CMT lowers. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AWDeity:
MARS lowers will likely replace all of my mil-spec and CMT lowers. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85104/20180910_152348-2016x1512-667800.JPG
View Quote
Did you buy the lower complete or build it out?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#50]
Originally Posted By AWDeity:
MARS lowers will likely replace all of my mil-spec and CMT lowers. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85104/20180910_152348-2016x1512-667800.JPG
View Quote
I dig it. I just bought a regular stripped LMT lower and a build like that seems to be in the cards. I'd like to get a stripped MARS lower soon as well.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 56 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top