Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 4 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By The_Accuser:
Originally Posted By jasonusvi:
Originally Posted By TRIDENT1982:
Lets just say Armed is largely responsible for my new SS 16"......he is the MAN

He is going to have more MRP barrels than I do soon.  By the way,  my MWS upper with permed battlecomp made it in yesterday... very sweet.  Had to put an A2 stock on until I decide what to get permed (not going to perm the sopmod).  Going to be in VA this weekend for a carbine class and may try to run the MWS a bit (My 12" MRP Piston being the primary).

Separately, after some reading am thinking the 300 Whisper is a great round for MRP.  You can get 7.62x39 like performance with supersonic 125 grain as well as highly efficient 175 to 240 subsonic rounds.  Uses cheap 223 brass (very nice), standard 556 bolts (huge), and unmodified pmags (major benefit over 6.8spc and 7.62x39 in my humble opinion).

Ah ya..let me know how the 12" piston runs in class.

Ran 900 steel cased and 150 brass cased without cleaning or failure before cleaning for this class.  Will report back...
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#2]
`

He is going to have more MRP barrels than I do soon.  By the way,  my MWS upper with permed battlecomp made it in yesterday... very sweet.  Had to put an A2 stock on until I decide what to get permed (not going to perm the sopmod).  Going to be in VA this weekend for a carbine class and may try to run the MWS a bit (My 12" MRP Piston being the primary).

Separately, after some reading am thinking the 300 Whisper is a great round for MRP.  You can get 7.62x39 like performance with supersonic 125 grain as well as highly efficient 175 to 240 subsonic rounds.  Uses cheap 223 brass (very nice), standard 556 bolts (huge), and unmodified pmags (major benefit over 6.8spc and 7.62x39 in my humble opinion).

Ran 900 steel cased and 150 brass cased without cleaning or failure before cleaning for this class.  Will report back...

Tag for AAR...I have about between 2500-2600 and all I've ever done so far was wipe down and lightly lube the BCG twice so far..Hopefully I can get in the Pat Rogers class in Dec that a few friends of mine already signed up for and I plan on running the 12" piston also..
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Why didn't you get the SPR/M4 mount for that since you have it on your other setup (the 18in)?  It would fit just right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
`

Tag for AAR...I have about between 2500-2600 and all I've ever done so far was wipe down and lightly lube the BCG twice so far..Hopefully I can get in the Pat Rogers class in Dec that a few friends of mine already signed up for and I plan on running the 12" piston also..

Is that the class in Columbia?  Wife's birthday is that weekend.  Damn.

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/24/2010 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mercdank:

Why didn't you get the SPR/M4 mount for that since you have it on your other setup (the 18in)?  It would fit just right.

I had wanted to try the brakeout since it was recently released......went and broke the new barrel in using the Krieger method early this morning and while I did not get to put very many rounds through it, I was extremely impressed with it in comparison to an fsc556...its a helluva brake and having the rather large port at 12 oclock makes it ideal for using it with a bipod as it basically reduces any movement side to side in b/t shots..basically nullifies Bi-pod bounce.

Link Posted: 9/24/2010 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
`

Is that the class in Columbia?  Wife's birthday is that weekend.  Damn.

Cheers

It's in North Carolina and I'll get more details and IM you..
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Latest photo of my MRP for the latest thread!
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 6:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#8]
Originally Posted By strambo:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/bstrambo/guns/DSCN1613.jpg

Straight NASTY Love it!!

I am gonna do dirty, dirty things to the 10.5" d.i cqb once the stamp gets on board

Link Posted: 9/25/2010 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I am gonna do dirty, dirty things to the 10.5" d.i cqb once the stamp gets on board
It shoots friggin' sweet.  The Blackout does a heck of a job on the flash also, it can be seen (indoor range lights out) but is a faint blue, doesn't interfere w/ sight picture.  Also not real prominent from the side either.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By strambo:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/bstrambo/guns/DSCN1613.jpg

Straight NASTY Love it!!

What's the ETA on the stamp? I glad you're finally able to dive into the NFA world brother..it's a whole different animal in regards to the AR platform..I would have to say that shooting a SBR makes for some good times during matches and training..
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got my MRP CQB and I was checking the barrel nuts with the torque wrench it came with and I turned it about 1/4 -1/2 inch before stopping. I didn't wanna over torque it if something was wrong. But after turning the 1/2 " it still did not release. The wrench it came with was a 120- 960 inch pound Proformance Tool Torque Wrench. I turned it down to 120 Inch pounds but it still didn't release.

The wrench had a sticker with preset to 140 inch lbs
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 2:16:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#12]
The sticker is there to prevent you from resetting it since it was calibrated to 140lbs at the factory......its ok if you do not hit the exact 140lbs on the head but you should try to get as close as you can.

Congrats on such a wonderful pickup and post pics if you get a chance
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 2:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Raizo_Sekai] [#13]
The sticker is there to prevent you from resetting it since it was calibrated to 140lbs at the factory......its ok if you do not hit the exact 140lbs on the head but you should try to get as close as you can.

Right now according to the wrench it came with, it is under 120 in lbs. I was just surprised how off it was from the factory, and if wasn't off I didn't wanna over torque it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2010 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Raizo_Sekai:

Right now according to the wrench it came to me under 120 in lbs. I was just surprised how off it was from the factory, and if wasn't off I didn't wanna over torque it.

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/b2a7af4d.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/75582c75.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/fc708166.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/15ed67dd.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/4db7c622.jpg

Nice and thanks for sharing!! You get to shoot it yet? I have a friend that just put a BattleComp in his Noveske 10.5" 5.56 and I could really tell the difference before and after in regards to reducing muzzle climb..I'll defnitely be picking one up for my 10.5" Noveske 6.8 in the very near future..
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 3:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#15]

Right now according to the wrench it came with, it is under 120 in lbs. I was just surprised how off it was from the factory, and if wasn't off I didn't wanna over torque it.

That is one badass mofo....I like everything on it except for those mrp rail covers.

Jboy, hopefully should have the Stamp around Dec/Jan. Some of you gents that have powered optics on these shorties should post some 100yd. accuracy reports using some heavy loads.

eta.....raizo, you have the newest cqb chassis Ive seen to date...that chassis is less than a cpl. months old I bet.  Just remember it has only another 2499 yrs. or so left on its expected lifetime so when it finally goes down for the count don't say I didnt warn you
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 3:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Raizo_Sekai] [#16]

That is one badass mofo....I like everything on it except for those mrp rail covers.

Jboy, hopefully should have the Stamp around Dec/Jan. Some of you gents that have powered optics on these shorties should post some 100yd. accuracy reports using some heavy loads.

eta.....raizo, you have the newest cqb chassis Ive seen to date...that chassis is less than a cpl. months old I bet.  Just remember it has only another 2499 yrs. or so left on its expected lifetime so when it finally goes down for the count don't say I didnt warn you

I have not had a chance to shoot it yet but it feels really great. I also have a noveske 12.5 " and the 10.5 MRP feels so much more maneuverable!

Im gonna give LMT a call on Monday before i take it out and see what they say. I have never owned a MRP so I dont really know how the Torquing works dont wanna over torque and break something. But right now if I set it on 120 inch lbs i still have along way to go before it releases. Maybe ill buy another torque wrench.

thanks

Tony

Eta:
NO LMT rail cover lol just for you trident!
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 3:51:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#17]
Perfection...that guns looks so much better now without those mrp rail covers  I don't know why but I hate those td fat covers.

In respect to torque......I have pondered this subject to death and talked with the wonderful folks at LMT about it as well. In the beginning I started out as timid as a little schoolgirl...much like yourself.  As time grew on and the amt. of time I logged on the system wore on I eventually started to relax and understand that range trip to range trip....140lbs in not require nor is the torque wrench.  A good t handle wrench w. torx bit and a small bit of self restraint will suffice for getting you close once you get the feel for it.  I am not condoning never using a torque wrench but for guys like myself who use mrps every time out, it just makes sense given I see no fluctuations in the systems performance or accuracy whether it was torqued to 110lbs. or 140lbs on the tee.
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 5:56:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#18]

Maybe ill buy another torque wrench.

If you're going to buy a new torque wrench, look into these...

Seekonk Wrench

FN is issuing Seekonk pre-set wrenches in the SCAR armorers kit.

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/26/2010 7:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#19]

Seekonk Wrench

Cheers

Who really cares what FN/SCAR does.....  J/K

I see ya at Sha-Boom  Sha-Booms later on if you got beef

pic
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Seekonk Wrench

Cheers

Which exact model would you recommend buying?
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]
BT-4R  
3/8 inch or 1/2 inch

50 in. lbs. - 250 in. lbs. Ratchet Yes 8 3/8" 5 3/8" 22 oz. $209.65

That is the one I would buy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#22]
`

Ran the 12" piston in the EAG basic carbine class in Culpeper VA over the weekend.  Was not a super high round count but put about 600-700 of steel cased brown bear without a single failure and without cleaning before the seond day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Seekonk Wrench

Cheers

I agree that the 4B-TR is a good choice, however $209.00 is almost double the price of the SCAR unit.  [ insert witty and biased comment from Trident ]

I would call Seekonk and speak with a technical rep.

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/27/2010 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got the NC-200R, very happy with it. Very compact for what it does and it's straight shape will lend itself to easier packing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#25]
BT-4R  
3/8 inch or 1/2 inch

50 in. lbs. - 250 in. lbs. Ratchet Yes 8 3/8" 5 3/8" 22 oz. $209.65

That is the one I would buy.

I used two different torque wrenches, turns out mine came way under torqued. I ended up just doing 110 inch lbs :)
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:
I just got the NC-200R, very happy with it. Very compact for what it does and it's straight shape will lend itself to easier packing.

Gotta link for that one or a pic of yours....not familiar with it but my ears perked up when you said very compact
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Gotta link for that one or a pic of yours....not familiar with it but my ears perked up when you said very compact

The site won't allow me to copy the page, etc. 71/2" long. I like it, though on the Thandle, may get it one day, but the 209 is alot!

I may get the time if the rain stops around here to get some pics of my family-if LMT gets off their ass and sends my 6.8 stuff.

"Torque tools, pre set click type"
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Seekonk Wrench

Cheers

I agree that the 4B-TR is a good choice, however $209.00 is almost double the price of the SCAR unit.  [ insert witty and biased comment from Trident ]

Cheers

Is this a version offered by Seekonk also?
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Has everyone heard about these guys??

http://www.dbmg-llc.com/

https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/MRP-Barrel-conversion_c_12.html

They offer a service to convert any AR15 suitable barrel to one that will work in an MRP.

It seems to offer a huge potential for upgrades toan MRP setup (6.8 SPC II, 6.5 Grendel, amybe even a .458 Socom).

Has anyone used them yet?

Link Posted: 9/27/2010 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
Has everyone heard about these guys??

https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/logo.jpg

http://www.dbmg-llc.com/

https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/MRP-Barrel-conversion_c_12.html

They offer a service to convert any AR15 suitable barrel to one that will work in an MRP.

It seems to offer a huge potential for upgrades toan MRP setup (6.8 SPC II, 6.5 Grendel, amybe even a .458 Socom).

Has anyone used them yet?

They talk about it here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Seekonk Wrench

Cheers

Yes.  It is the Seekonk BT-2L.

Cheers

Cheers

Is this a version offered by Seekonk also?

Link Posted: 9/29/2010 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is the Noveske 10.5" 300 Fireball / Whisper.  It dropped right in but the screw that goes into the groove took some effort to get in the first time.  Perhaps it will be a bit easier with a few removals and installs.  I called Dennis to ask about it and he said that it was made with zero tolerance to avoid issues early conversions had (not his).  Appears to mate perfectly with M4 cuts and 556 bolt locks right into place.  Separately, I am having someone re size my first batch of 500 223 brass into 300 Whisper brass.  Plan to shoot subsonic 175s through my 45 pistol can once I get some loaded up.  Dennis is working on a special order 5/8 x 24 to 16 x 1 LH thread converter for my can.

Noveske 300 FB 8T

Link Posted: 9/30/2010 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh man that is freakin' sweet!  I cannot wait to see some pics with the can.  Keep us posted on how well everything functions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Oh man that is freakin' sweet!  I cannot wait to see some pics with the can.  Keep us posted on how well everything functions.

Will do.  You guys in non ban states should check out the massive perm hiders Dennis has on his site.  They are made to get to legal 16" yet maintain threads on the original shorter barrels underneath.  Allows you the ability to keep overall length down without needing to SBR by attaching the can under the hider.  I think its a very interesting concept.
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Have any of you guys weighed a 16" CL before/after having it fluted or reprofiled to see what it took off?

I was thinking of the fluting in front of the block to muzzle only or adding reprofile or flute "under the HG's"

Never done this and for one am hesitant in regards to accuracy.

It's for my daughter––so "don't do it" isn't the answer

Mark
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Have any of you guys weighed a 16" CL before/after having it fluted or reprofiled to see what it took off?

I was thinking of the fluting in front of the block to muzzle only or adding reprofile or flute "under the HG's"

Mark

Unfortunately I didn't weight my 16" CL or 10.5" before/after.  I can say though the 16" is feels much lighter and balances out great.  I haven't noticed any change in accuracy from either barrel I have had re-contoured or dimpled.  Flutes would be cool.  If it were me I would re-contour under the HG and flute in front of the gas block...that would balance out really nice for your daughter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 7:42:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonusvi] [#37]
Here is the Noveske 10.5" 300 Fireball / Whisper.  It dropped right in but the screw that goes into the groove took some effort to get in the first time.  Perhaps it will be a bit easier with a few removals and installs.  I called Dennis to ask about it and he said that it was made with zero tolerance to avoid issues early conversions had (not his).  Appears to mate perfectly with M4 cuts and 556 bolt locks right into place.  Separately, I am having someone re size my first batch of 500 223 brass into 300 Whisper brass.  Plan to shoot subsonic 175s through my 45 pistol can once I get some loaded up.  Dennis is working on a special order 5/8 x 24 to 16 x 1 LH thread converter for my can.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/LMT%20MRP/mrpfb5.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/LMT%20MRP/mrpfb4.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/LMT%20MRP/mrpfb2.jpg

Noveske 300 FB 8T
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/LMT%20MRP/mrpfb1.jpg

Guess I can call it a "300 Blackout" now.  I hope this means commercially loaded ammo beyond $40 corbon is on the way

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=512119

Link Posted: 10/1/2010 9:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#38]

Mark

Unfortunately I didn't weight my 16" CL or 10.5" before/after.  I can say though the 16" is feels much lighter and balances out great.  I haven't noticed any change in accuracy from either barrel I have had re-contoured or dimpled.  Flutes would be cool.  If it were me I would re-contour under the HG and flute in front of the gas block...that would balance out really nice for your daughter.

Thanks brotherman! That's what I was thinking. I'm sending off tomorrow for the barrel, it'll technically be a spare so that means I'll switch out the standard one and have an excuse to find another chassis

I would think at least 4-5 ounces?

woohoo!

Link Posted: 10/3/2010 7:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KG mauserman] [#39]
After searching through about 35 pages of the MRP badness forum I see lots of different claims about the accuracy from the MRP platfrom but I'm curious if anyone has done a Molon type review on the accuracy of the MRP?  I'd love to see some hard numbers on how these things can shoot.  I'm trying to get my MRP with 20" barrel to shoot better than it has so far.  I have a bunch of different types of ammo on the way and am hoping I can find some that this guy likes.  It does not like 75 grain black hills blue box.  Gave me 3 1/2" groups at 100 yards while 55 grain American Eagle gave me 1 1/2" groups.... go figure.  Anyway just wondered if anyone has done an in depth accuracy test of the MRP.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54510528@N03/5049177502/in/photostream/
Link Posted: 10/4/2010 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#40]

I would think at least 4-5 ounces?

woohoo!

I think you will have to reprofile the entire barrel to LW to achieve 4-5 oz of weight reduction.  I personally  think it is worth the hassel.

LOL.  When I saw you buy the 16" CL barrel on the EE; I thought to myself, this dude is hooked.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/4/2010 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Mark has jumped completely into the MRP pool....he researched the dog crap outta the poi shift and barrel swapping topics before he bought his badass setup so I fully commend him and I think he is validating this amazing system by doing so.

Link Posted: 10/7/2010 1:26:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#42]
I will try and keep this brief however I have never been so impressed and overwhelmingly satisfied with a product within the world of Firearms or Fresh/Salt water fishing by an incredibly large margin.

Today was one of those range trips that reminds me why the hell I love the 2nd.  I have never come close to owning a firearm as accurate as this new MRP Recce w. Rock SS 16"..... its ASTONISHING and I personally would bet my pink slip that this is the most accurate 16" or even 18" 5.56 barrel made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its not hard to completely sell out to the MRP platform from a number of different routes however if AR precision is your niche.....the Rock SS 16" and Rock SPR 18" in conjunct w. a stretch chassis is EASILY the most accurate ARs I shot, read about or even could have dreamed about.

This rock 16" literally has shot every type of ammo I tried better group wise than one particular barrel shot any one of the particular rounds.  That is simply unparrelled in terms of being able to feed the damn thing anything and get basically moa or sub moa results.  Sorry guys, I am done bragging but I just never have seen anything come close to what this new rig does.  

eta..... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MRPS.....and the BADNESS FRATERNITY

Start out w. my two constant loads.......Hornady 5.56 75gr. TAP T2 and Hornady 55gr. Vmax

These next three should illustrate just how well this barrel shoots in terms of whatever the hell you have on hand.......
Monarch/Academy Sports 55gr. FMJBT........Never once got a group under 2.5-3moa with it.(This group is arguably the most impressive of the day using such terrible ammo for accuracy)

Remington Accu-Tip 55gr........One of the most disappointing rounds imho considering its supposed to be Rem's equivilent to my lil main stay the Hornady 55gr.vmax(never got this stuff under 2" before and the box today just like usual had mixed primers, brass and I would assume even projectiles...screw Remington)

Lastly, the only other "Match" ammo used today besides the TAP T2....and it did ok, 10rds. at 1.04"....never really shot this stuff so cannot really judge past and present accuracy but moa or below works for me.

Link Posted: 10/8/2010 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Those are some nice looking groups!  I hope I can get the 20" noveske barrel in my MRP to shoot like that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 1:31:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#44]
Originally Posted By KG mauserman:
Those are some nice looking groups!  I hope I can get the 20" noveske barrel in my MRP to shoot like that.

Thanks  I hope you get that noveske 20" running awesome as well as that will be quite the step forward in some folks eye in terms of the MRP overall system.  I read your reply above and then a week or so back in the DBMG thread but did not know what you were actually speaking on when talking about a 20" barrel.

Have you sent the barrel to DBMG yet?  I have been scouring the EE pretty hard the last 4-5 days to find a nice used Colt 6520 lw pencil barrel to then send to the gents to get the conversion work done on it.  I had eventually planned on getting one other barrel done this way if it shows to be successful and that was a Krieger 17" SS....forget all that noise  Just need a nice lil LW 16" to have fun with and plink with.
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Looking good Trident!

Son and I are going in the morning to sight in the 6.8 for the season, tune him up on the wheel guns also. Since I run the SSA tactical loads, I had the Chamber reamed so I don't have any booboo's

Have you guys seen the 300 AAC Blackout? That would be sweet if LMT produces that puppy for us.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Looking good Trident!

Son and I are going in the morning to sight in the 6.8 for the season, tune him up on the wheel guns also. Since I run the SSA tactical loads, I had the Chamber reamed so I don't have any booboo's

Have you guys seen the 300 AAC Blackout? That would be sweet if LMT produces that puppy for us.

Mark

Mark,

Who reamed the chamber?  I have two that could use it.

Cheers

Link Posted: 10/8/2010 8:23:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#47]
Looking good Trident!

Mark

Mark,

Who reamed the chamber?  I have two that could use it.

Cheers

Virginia Arms up in Manassas did. You'll have to contact them for the fee. I'll chrono the loads tomorrow. SSA 85 gr TSX, "Tactical Load"  Doesn't look like I'll have the Trijicon 1-4 w/green triangle this year so Aimpoint it is. No worries, close shots on movers.

Link Posted: 10/8/2010 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By KG mauserman:

Thanks  I hope you get that noveske 20" running awesome as well as that will be quite the step forward in some folks eye in terms of the MRP overall system.  I read your reply above and then a week or so back in the DBMG thread but did not know what you were actually speaking on when talking about a 20" barrel.

Have you sent the barrel to DBMG yet?  I have been scouring the EE pretty hard the last 4-5 days to find a nice used Colt 6520 lw pencil barrel to then send to the gents to get the conversion work done on it.  I had eventually planned on getting one other barrel done this way if it shows to be successful and that was a Krieger 17" SS....forget all that noise  Just need a nice lil LW 16" to have fun with and plink with.

I actually got the barrel straight from Noveske.  When they turned the barrel they just left some extra material on and then drilled out the notch for the screw.  They just happened to be doing a run of 20" barrels so I said hey I'll take one of those cause I've never seen one on an LMT MRP.  I had been talking to a friend of mine down there for quite a while about doing something like this.  I just got my package full of ammo so I'll take it to the range tomorrow and see how she shoots.  I'm hoping for good things.

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 12:12:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#49]
I will try and keep this brief however I have never been so impressed and overwhelmingly satisfied with a product within the world of Firearms or Fresh/Salt water fishing by an incredibly large margin.

Today was one of those range trips that reminds me why the hell I love the 2nd.  I have never come close to owning a firearm as accurate as this new MRP Recce w. Rock SS 16"..... its ASTONISHING and I personally would bet my pink slip that this is the most accurate 16" or even 18" 5.56 barrel made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its not hard to completely sell out to the MRP platform from a number of different routes however if AR precision is your niche.....the Rock SS 16" and Rock SPR 18" in conjunct w. a stretch chassis is EASILY the most accurate ARs I shot, read about or even could have dreamed about.

This rock 16" literally has shot every type of ammo I tried better group wise than one particular barrel shot any one of the particular rounds.  That is simply unparrelled in terms of being able to feed the damn thing anything and get basically moa or sub moa results.  Sorry guys, I am done bragging but I just never have seen anything come close to what this new rig does.  

eta..... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MRPS.....and the BADNESS FRATERNITY

Start out w. my two constant loads.......Hornady 5.56 75gr. TAP T2 and Hornady 55gr. Vmax
http://i52.tinypic.com/dpbzf7.jpg

These next three should illustrate just how well this barrel shoots in terms of whatever the hell you have on hand.......
Monarch/Academy Sports 55gr. FMJBT........Never once got a group under 2.5-3moa with it.(This group is arguably the most impressive of the day using such terrible ammo for accuracy)

Remington Accu-Tip 55gr........One of the most disappointing rounds imho considering its supposed to be Rem's equivilent to my lil main stay the Hornady 55gr.vmax(never got this stuff under 2" before and the box today just like usual had mixed primers, brass and I would assume even projectiles...screw Remington)

Lastly, the only other "Match" ammo used today besides the TAP T2....and it did ok, 10rds. at 1.04"....never really shot this stuff so cannot really judge past and present accuracy but moa or below works for me.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2wp5lvr.jpg

Awesome groups as always..I have come to expect this from you on a consistant basis now and I think I'm going to have to give the 55 Vmax a try in my precision AR..
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 1:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#50]
Thanks for the kind words

Off the top of my mind, your the only other gent I can remember is recent memory actually posting a true sub moa 10rd. group pic besides Molon himself....Its hard to believe that we have this much internet space dedicated to pontificating the topic of ARs yet honest group pics are more rare than Jane Goodall's band of Guerrilla's

Those two groups of yours I am referring to is a MK262 10rd group that is well under moa with all holes touching using your awesome limited ed. FDE noveske SPR and then the second one is from recently and its a 10rd. group fired with your EMC that is simply sick.  The first group was done with a "Dirty Ghey Bird/Jboy Special" target which obviously makes it a whole lot cooler than your recent group I saw done w. a 6" shoot n see.

Next time your at your local ammo honeyhole if you do not find the hornady vmax 55gr. in stock shoot me a PM or email and I can just send you one box so that you can actually give it a go before having to deal with the burden and potential waste of cash if ordering ammo online.  I seriously have no problem sending you some to try as I would be very interested to see it group outta your noveske spr esp.  I bet you shoot nothing but straight EMC heat these days so whenever you get done playing w. your new piece of fine china, the avg. man's hornady 55gr. vmax will be waiting on you.

pic

Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 4 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top