Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 40 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my Form1 back, anybody know where a 12.5 piston barrel could be found?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
View Quote

FYI I am going to have Marvin Pitts cut mine down when I get mine
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
How much difference does the gas port size matter with the adjustable block?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

LMT Store shows their 12" 5.56 piston barrel assembly "in stock"
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

View Quote

I'll see if a used one pops up first. I dont place a whole lot of stock in new when I can save some money if possible.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
How much difference does the gas port size matter with the adjustable block?
View Quote

Depends on port size. If it's small and tuned to you're rifle already it won't make a bit if difference at all. If the port is a little large it could make a small difference.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Drop12:

Depends on port size. If it's small and tuned to you're rifle already it won't make a bit if difference at all. If the port is a little large it could make a small difference.
View Quote
I am assuming here that LMT has a different port size for their 16in and 12.5in barrels 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like Lmt is raising the prices of their barrels. A stainless lightweight mws barrel is now almost $900. Ouch!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By emtothedee: Looks like Lmt is raising the prices of their barrels. A stainless lightweight mws barrel is now almost $900. Ouch!
View Quote
Could Marvin take a company's barrel and convert it to the MWS extension?

I've been dreaming about putting a SR-15 E3 barrel and BCG into my Rifle MRP chassis, and I think I've read he's done MRP conversions, but what about the MWS?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Could Marvin take a company's barrel and convert it to the MWS extension?

I've been dreaming about putting a SR-15 E3 barrel and BCG into my Rifle MRP chassis, and I think I've read he's done MRP conversions, but what about the MWS?
View Quote

He does MRP barrels. I've gotten a quote from him. MWS I'm not so sure. Having owned one, I know the barrel is much more rebust vs a standard barrel where it's locked in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]

I'll see if a used one pops up first. I dont place a whole lot of stock in new when I can save some money if possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slipjett:

Went ahead and ordered a new one from LMT. Guess its time to sell off the 16in barrel.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I briefly had a MRP CQB upper but sold it a while back. Now I'm feeling the "pull" of wanting one again. Nothing like a relapse of black rifle disease...

What are the weight differences between the standard and slick CQB chassis?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
i picked up a 12" piston upper a couple of months ago , i still haven't had the time to shoot it yet though

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
I briefly had a MRP CQB upper but sold it a while back. Now I'm feeling the "pull" of wanting one again. Nothing like a relapse of black rifle disease...

What are the weight differences between the standard and slick CQB chassis?
View Quote

It's not a huge difference.  But, the slick chassis does have a whole different feel that you might prefer.  

Per my scale:

CQB MRP chassis with bolts: 22.9 oz
LM8 MRP chassis with bolts: 21.1 oz

Weight can vary a little but that's only 1.8 oz difference between the two I weighed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:

It's not a huge difference.  But, the slick chassis does have a whole different feel that you might prefer.  

Per my scale:

CQB MRP chassis with bolts: 22.9 oz
LM8 MRP chassis with bolts: 21.1 oz

Weight can vary a little but that's only 1.8 oz difference between the two I weighed.
View Quote

Wow that's negligible. I don't know whether to view that as good for the quad rail or bad for the slick side. I imagine the LM8 feels much better in your hands.

Any new sources of custom MRP barrels other than Nefarious Arms?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Outrider: Wow that's negligible. I don't know whether to view that as good for the quad rail or bad for the slick side. I imagine the LM8 feels much better in your hands.

Any new sources of custom MRP barrels other than Nefarious Arms?
View Quote
I thought DBMG might but it doesn't appear they're doing it any longer.

Today's work involved meeting up with a good friend of mine and getting his LMT LM8 CQB SS set up with a Viper PST 1-4.  The rifle has been owned by him for several years now but not fired.  I am going to change that soon as we discussed doing some training before summer's heat arrives.  We'll probably go soon, but in the mean time, his rifle is set up very well.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Take a look at this:  http://partsforguns.com/MRP-barrel-conversion-MRP-101.htm

I think I read somewhere that this was actually DBMG, not sure though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
Take a look at this:  http://partsforguns.com/MRP-barrel-conversion-MRP-101.htm

I think I read somewhere that this was actually DBMG, not sure though.
View Quote

If you hit the home page button in mentions welcoming DBMG customers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I have multiples of both the RL and CQB chassis in both slick and railed (maybe 10 I forget) and I do like the slick but wish the attachment of the picatinny rail sections were m lok. I always find myself going back to the railed version.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
I have multiples of both the RL and CQB chassis in both slick and railed (maybe 10 I forget) and I do like the slick but wish the attachment of the picatinny rail sections were m lok. I always find myself going back to the railed version.
View Quote

This 100%
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#24]

If you hit the home page button in mentions welcoming DBMG customers.
View Quote

If they are then it may be more cost effective to get w ballistic advantage lightweight 308 barrel converted than buying a $900 Lmt barrel
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#25]
There are a couple smiths that can do barrel conversions.  As long as you have a old barrel the extension can be savaged.

A guy over at M4 did a custom 6 or 6.5 Creedmoor barrel.

Once I burn out my factory 6.5CM barrels,  I plan on getting a custom 24 or 26" Hawk Hill barrel spun up.

$900.00 dollars is crazy.  I spent $450.00 on a SS match 18" 308 barrel a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I miss this setup

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
View Quote

thank you emtothedee. Whenever I check my subscriptions and see that there's a new post I get all excited inside.  Seeing more pictures of MRPs makes me happy.

Good looking sticks, the MWS (black) especially looks nice.  How is it shooting for you?

Just got this whisper stick for mine last night:
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:20:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:

thank you emtothedee. Whenever I check my subscriptions and see that there's a new post I get all excited inside.  Seeing more pictures of MRPs makes me happy.

Good looking sticks, the MWS (black) especially looks nice.  How is it shooting for you?

http://i.imgur.com/OodGVSu.jpg
View Quote

I am yet to shoot it with the newborn taking up all my time
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtdam24] [#30]
@emtothedee left his sunglasses at my place so I took a pic.
Speaking of which, has anyone played Ghost Recon Wildlands? Debating on getting it so it can sit unplayed and unopened for months while I work and spend time with the kids. Those kids are going to inherit a hell of a collection from their daddy

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Badass as always brother. You're IG is inspiring fyi
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#32]
@emtothedee left his sunglasses at my place so I took a pic.
Speaking of which, has anyone played Ghost Recon Wildlands? Debating on getting it so it can sit unplayed and unopened for months while I work and spend time with the kids. Those kids are going to inherit a hell of a collection from their daddy

http://i.imgur.com/wq1D2sv.jpg
View Quote

Haha I've been looking for those. We all aspire to have a collection such as yours
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You and trident1982 are part of why i'm addicted to LMT MRPs.
RE IG: thanks brotherman, means a lot coming from you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Man that's quite a compliment thank you. Trident (Alex) is probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and had a helluva collection!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#35]
terrible cell phone pic, but my SSA-E for my rifle length came in and the flat end cap for my new omega came in.

The list of things I need to take to the range is stacking up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Yesterday was slick, today is railed. This has to be my favorite all around rifle. There's just something about THE railed RL MRP. I have a bunch of cans just about to clear, hopefully  (at the 8 month mark today), what would you gents run on this Surefire 762 mini (FDE), Rugged Surge 762, or Silencerco Saker 762 (FDE)?

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#37]
wow, gorgeous.
Well, I'd run one of the FDE cans.  Of the two I can't remember which one is shorter, but I like the saker a lot.  If you're installing your own muzzle devices I suppose you could try both?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#38]
wow, gorgeous.
Well, I'd run one of the FDE cans.  Of the two I can't remember which one is shorter, but I like the saker a lot.  If you're installing your own muzzle devices I suppose you could try both?
View Quote

Thanks brother. I think the saker and the surge are pretty indestructible, I bet the surge is quieter. I wonder how quiet the saker will be on a 14.5" 5.56? I either need to borrow or buy a geiselle action rod to swap all my muzzle devices out
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#39]
My newest MRP awaiting its optic and the barrel awaiting a trip to Marvin Pitts to be cut down and dimpled.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By INTrooper4255:
My newest MRP awaiting its optic and the barrel awaiting a trip to Marvin Pitts to be cut down and dimpled.
View Quote

Hell ya looks great! If someone would hurry up and buy my kac mod 2 M LOK upper id have some more fun money
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Woot woot! looks awesome.  You said 'cut down' so is that going to be a 14.5" pin and weld? Which muzzle device?  

My RL MRP has a dimpled SS MRP barrel that Marvin did. Love it.

What optic are you waiting on?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Woot woot! looks awesome.  You said 'cut down' so is that going to be a 14.5" pin and weld? Which muzzle device?  

View Quote

Yes, I'm going to have it cut down to 14.5 and have a Knight Armament M4QD MAMS pinned as well as the barrel dimpled.  This will be the second barrel Marvin's done for me, his work is great!

I'm waiting on a US Optics SR-4C that I ordered.  I already have a Larue mount for it, just waiting on the optic. :)
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#43]

Yes, I'm going to have it cut down to 14.5 and have a Knight Armament M4QD MAMS pinned as well as the barrel dimpled.  This will be the second barrel Marvin's done for me, his work is great!

I'm waiting on a US Optics SR-4C that I ordered.  I already have a Larue mount for it, just waiting on the optic. :)
View All Quotes

Gonna be badass!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR415] [#44]

View Quote

I also plan to do another pinned mams to a 14.5 barrel that I had picked up recently. Sadly it won't have the awesome dimpling you're getting.

I hope to acquire a rl lm8 upper in the near future for it.

Btw this thread continues to display some awesome rifles. Keep it up!

Here's a pic of the barrel before its sent off for work.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AR415:

I also plan to do another pinned mams to a 14.5 barrel that I had picked up recently. Sadly it won't have the awesome dimpling you're getting.

I hope to acquire a rl lm8 upper in the near future for it.

Btw this thread continues to display some awesome rifles. Keep it up!

Here's a pic of the barrel before its sent off for work.
View Quote

That looks great
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spdrcrgts] [#46]
Anyone have a lead on a 16" or 18" stainless steel 5R cut 5.56 barrel?

ETA: Anyone have any accuracy data/comparison between the button pulled stainless steel barrel vs the 5R cut match barrel?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#47]
MRP owners: A specific question but maybe one of you can answer. Do you think a 12.5 (non piston) barrel and a OPS/AEM collar brake setup with a 12th/5 model can work with a CQB chassis? Looking to do a mini precision SBR with the can tucked up close to the chassis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#48]
MRP owners: A specific question but maybe one of you can answer. Do you think a 12.5 (non piston) barrel and a OPS/AEM collar brake setup with a 12th/5 model can work with a CQB chassis? Looking to do a mini precision SBR with the can tucked up close to the chassis.
View Quote

How much exposed barrel is needed for the alignment collar?  I'm doing an AAC SPR/M4 setup in the way you speak.
Had a shop cut a 14.5" barrel down to 12.5" and I'm currently waiting on my Form 4 to transfer it to me.  Should be in the next few weeks that it gets done and then i'm post whoring that thing all over the place.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:43:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#49]

How much exposed barrel is needed for the alignment collar?  I'm doing an AAC SPR/M4 setup in the way you speak.
Had a shop cut a 14.5" barrel down to 12.5" and I'm currently waiting on my Form 4 to transfer it to me.  Should be in the next few weeks that it gets done and then i'm post whoring that thing all over the place.
View Quote

To use the OPS 12th/AEM5 suppressor with the SPR collar it looks like it takes 3.2" overall. Now the collar could partly tuck up under a rail as only the taper part of the collar works with the can. I think that measurement is roughly 2.6" (including the muzzle threads) or 2" as mentioned in the bottom picture.

ETA: You may also be looking at an M4 to AEM5 collar adapter depending on whether barrel is profiled for SPR or M4.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#50]
It's cool it's cool.... it's just the tip....
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 40 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top