Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2010 7:26:00 PM EDT
Anyone know the height difference between the receiver/handguard rails and a railed gas block?
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm still having trouble finding this measurement.  I know the railed gas block height is 0.925" above center of bore.  Maybe someone knows or has some calipers to find what the height above center of bore of the receiver rails are?
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
if you determined the height of the gas block why can't you use the same method for the receiver? lay a straight edge on top of the railed receiver and measure from the bottom of the straight edge to the gas block.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if you determined the height of the gas block why can't you use the same method for the receiver? lay a straight edge on top of the railed receiver and measure from the bottom of the straight edge to the gas block.

Yes, if I had an AR-15 and wasn't trying to compare it to a .308.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14939212/Ar15-A3-style-Upper-receiver-blueprints

That might help.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14939212/Ar15-A3-style-Upper-receiver-blueprints

That might help.

Very cool link, thanks, but I couldn't find it in there.

Maybe someone could compare an AR-15 lower with a DPMS or similar .308.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude WTF are you looking for? You have multiple post about gas blocks between the ar10 dpms and fulton.

What exactly do you want to know?

something about sights I take it, what specifically?
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude WTF are you looking for? You have multiple post about gas blocks between the ar10 dpms and fulton.

I don't think I could get more specific than the original post.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the other post in multiple forums asking similar questions.

Check your railed gas block heights on .308s

DPMS moving to proprietary standards?

Is there a gas block riser for Armalite AR-10?

You are obliviously are looking for something and the answers are already out there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the other post in multiple forums asking similar questions.

Check your railed gas block heights on .308s

DPMS moving to proprietary standards?

Is there a gas block riser for Armalite AR-10?

You are obliviously are looking for something and the answers are already out there.

I overestimated your intelligence. What does asking a similar question have to do with anything?

In none of those threads do I ask the height difference between a railed gas block and the receiver rails.  In none of those threads does anybody answer what the difference is.  All of those threads are on the AR Variants forum asking about .308 guns, not AR-15s.  I'm here asking a question I've never asked before––what is the difference between the height of the railed gas block and receiver rails on an AR-15?

I can't baby you anymore.  If you can't understand my questions, this forum may be too much for you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually it's your lack of being specific that has us all wondering what you're wanting. "Anyone know the height difference between the receiver/handguard rails and a railed gas block?" so you want an answer to a question with several variables? how about you be specific and maybe someone can help you.

"Yes, if I had an AR-15 and wasn't trying to compare it to a .308."
i guess we were supposed to read your mind on this one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In none of those threads do I ask the height difference between a railed gas block and the receiver rails.  In none of those threads does anybody answer what the difference is.  All of those threads are on the AR Variants forum asking about .308 guns, not AR-15s.  I'm here asking a question I've never asked before––what is the difference between the height of the railed gas block and receiver rails on an AR-15?

I can't baby you anymore.  If you can't understand my questions, this forum may be too much for you.

good luck, with that attitude and asshattery you will go far and I'm sure you will get help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top