Author
Posted: 5/8/2010 6:26:00 PM EST
Anyone know the height difference between the receiver/handguard rails and a railed gas block?
Pete2s
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 10:23:11 AM EST
I'm still having trouble finding this measurement. I know the railed gas block height is 0.925" above center of bore. Maybe someone knows or has some calipers to find what the height above center of bore of the receiver rails are?
rychencop
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 10:24:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2010 10:27:07 AM EST by rychencop]
if you determined the height of the gas block why can't you use the same method for the receiver? lay a straight edge on top of the railed receiver and measure from the bottom of the straight edge to the gas block.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
Pete2s
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 1:24:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By rychencop:
if you determined the height of the gas block why can't you use the same method for the receiver? lay a straight edge on top of the railed receiver and measure from the bottom of the straight edge to the gas block.

Yes, if I had an AR-15 and wasn't trying to compare it to a .308.
M4wheeler
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 3:12:49 PM EST
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14939212/Ar15-A3-style-Upper-receiver-blueprints

That might help.
Pete2s
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 5:06:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By M4wheeler:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14939212/Ar15-A3-style-Upper-receiver-blueprints

That might help.

Very cool link, thanks, but I couldn't find it in there.

Maybe someone could compare an AR-15 lower with a DPMS or similar .308.
TaylorWSO
Kool-aid
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 5:45:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2010 5:48:13 PM EST by TaylorWSO]
Originally Posted By Pete2s:

Dude WTF are you looking for? You have multiple post about gas blocks between the ar10 dpms and fulton.

What exactly do you want to know?

something about sights I take it, what specifically?
panic and mass hysteria seem to be a marketing tool these days...
Pete2s
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 6:19:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

Dude WTF are you looking for? You have multiple post about gas blocks between the ar10 dpms and fulton.

I don't think I could get more specific than the original post.
TaylorWSO
Kool-aid
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 8:24:14 PM EST

Or the other post in multiple forums asking similar questions.

Check your railed gas block heights on .308s

DPMS moving to proprietary standards?

Is there a gas block riser for Armalite AR-10?

You are obliviously are looking for something and the answers are already out there.
Pete2s
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 10:20:23 PM EST

Or the other post in multiple forums asking similar questions.

Check your railed gas block heights on .308s

DPMS moving to proprietary standards?

Is there a gas block riser for Armalite AR-10?

You are obliviously are looking for something and the answers are already out there.

I overestimated your intelligence. What does asking a similar question have to do with anything?

In none of those threads do I ask the height difference between a railed gas block and the receiver rails. In none of those threads does anybody answer what the difference is. All of those threads are on the AR Variants forum asking about .308 guns, not AR-15s. I'm here asking a question I've never asked before––what is the difference between the height of the railed gas block and receiver rails on an AR-15?

I can't baby you anymore. If you can't understand my questions, this forum may be too much for you.
rychencop
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2010 10:42:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2010 10:44:35 PM EST by rychencop]

actually it's your lack of being specific that has us all wondering what you're wanting. "Anyone know the height difference between the receiver/handguard rails and a railed gas block?" so you want an answer to a question with several variables? how about you be specific and maybe someone can help you.

"Yes, if I had an AR-15 and wasn't trying to compare it to a .308."
i guess we were supposed to read your mind on this one.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
TaylorWSO
Kool-aid
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/12/2010 6:11:49 AM EST

In none of those threads do I ask the height difference between a railed gas block and the receiver rails. In none of those threads does anybody answer what the difference is. All of those threads are on the AR Variants forum asking about .308 guns, not AR-15s. I'm here asking a question I've never asked before––what is the difference between the height of the railed gas block and receiver rails on an AR-15?

I can't baby you anymore. If you can't understand my questions, this forum may be too much for you.

good luck, with that attitude and asshattery you will go far and I'm sure you will get help