Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2009 8:15:39 PM EDT
I have a removeable ar15 carry handle that is marked MMA......  Can anyone tell me the brand or manufacture ??      Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#1]
MMA is just the forge that did the raw forging (Martin Marietta if I remember right).  Who finished it is anybody's guess.  Few if any companies mark carry handles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
"MMA" doesn't sound like a forge code. Is the lettering raised or is it etched on the handle? Do you have a picture of it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"MMA" doesn't sound like a forge code. Is the lettering raised or is it etched on the handle? Do you have a picture of it?

not sure if this is what the op has but http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118353134
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like a forge code, but the seller is BSing on the maker when he marks it "Colt/Bushmaster". It's either one or the other––-or something totally different. Can't be both.  Colt uses a higher sight unit than Bushie; by .04 inches. Bushie, and many other makers, use the slightly lower assy, so they won't have to mount an .04 higher front sight blade, or an F sight base on their barrels.

Frankly, I wouldn't buy the thing. Looks too used for what he's asking. $50 is as high as I'd go––-but then I'm a cheapskate.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I stand corrected. Never seen or heard of that forge code. Learn something new everyday. :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no difference at all between the height of a Colt detachable carry handle and a Bushmaster or one of the other ones.  There is no such thing as military/commercial carry handles, they are all the same if they come from one of the normally used forges.

There is a difference in the front sight base - Colt, Noveske, Sabre, others use the "F" marked FSB and Bushmaster (and many others) do not.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is no difference at all between the height of a Colt detachable carry handle and a Bushmaster or one of the other ones.  There is no such thing as military/commercial carry handles, they are all the same if they come from one of the normally used forges.

There is a difference in the front sight base - Colt, Noveske, Sabre, others use the "F" marked FSB and Bushmaster (and many others) do not.

My bushmaster has 1.98 hight fsb just no f on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top