Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2008 4:33:55 PM EDT
Recently I have ordered a Model 1 upper varmint. I bought this minus the BCG and charge handle. I figured I would get a LMT,Bravo CO or maybe a CMT. (I have heard of people having bolt failures with the M1 set up so I will thought I would just buy a different one) Does the bolt need to be measured (headspaced) to the barrel? I don't think you just slap it in the upper. I'm not going to war with this set up just want to shoot small groups off a bench or some varmint hunting. I would like a reliable set up, what might you sugest for a BCG. Of the 3 I thought of above they are all about the same price. I ran across a Dennys super duty for around $20 more. Are they worth it. Thanks much for your input.
Link Posted: 11/28/2008 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Bolt can't really be headspaced.  Unless you have gauges.  The only way to really change the headspace is try different bolts until it works with the go-no go gauges.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
So does that mean it's ok to buy a new BCG, drop it in a new barrel and go shoot?
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 3:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, 99.9% of the time.

K
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
what's the other brand of top tier chrome bcg besides youngs, i have been looking for hours and can't find it.  it's kind of polygonal shaped looking through the ejection port.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what's the other brand of top tier chrome bcg besides youngs, i have been looking for hours and can't find it.  it's kind of polygonal shaped looking through the ejection port.

Sounds like the Young NM carrier actually.  I ordered the regular Young chrome group and I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
any BCG will likely serve you well. Be sure the gas keys are staked.. if your not sure what this is, do some Google work and check yours.  I lean towards Rock river, colt, bushmaster. but since your not going into battle unless its paper or varmints then look around..  take time and research..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top