Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2006 11:03:47 PM EDT
Ok so i live in California and i've just been enlightened to the fact i can order and register a non-listed lower. I like the stuff from Rock Rive Arms and Stag. I can also have full clips. The only catch is i can't have a pistol grip/stock with a thumb hole/J-hook for thumb, or any other "scary" features, so... what can i use to hold the gun?? with out a pistol grip it's giong to be a pain/impossible but any ideas? links + pics would be a plus.  I was thinking something like this?? I just did it in photoshop real quick.

http://caseyshots.com/archive/ar-15.jpg
Link Posted: 5/2/2006 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i would rather move than shoot something that hideous looking.

and its mags not clips unless you are referring to the clips used to load the mags from the top.
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not aware of an option for a non-pistol-grip or thumbhole stock for the AR. That does not mean that one does not exist, but i would not get my hopes up. Living in the PRK (Peoples Republic of Kalifornia) has its own special rewards as far as gun regs go....

Even though you identify them as clips, they are really magazines as Ek... was quick to point out--- have no fear we knew what it was that you were talking about....

BTW: Welcome to ARFCOM.....

Let us know if you uncover any "stock" options that will work for you....
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha.  Now that is one hideous looking rifle. I agree with the first reply
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
You would need a custom made lower to not have a pistol grip the pistol grip mount is machined into the lower.. Remember the buffer tube is an important part of the upper / stock construction so in order to have a Monte Carlo stock you would need to remove the buffer tube.

If you had an AR without a buffer tube (I know they exist, I just forget what the heck they are called) and a custom made lower, it could indeed be possible. And it could look like you chop photo.

I live in Illinois and even I feel sorry for you guys in Kali.

efxguy
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
How about one of these. Probably your best bet IMO

Kel-Tec SU-16CA
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap!  I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that mutant AR.

Man, I must be tired or something.  Each time I scroll back up to look at it I laugh as hard as I did the first time...

Laughing so hard I posted this in the wrong spot!
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
A thumbhole type stock won't even get you legal?!  Damn, time to move.  I thought one of these would work cause it is not actually a "pistol grip"

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=1866&s=7223
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Try this abomination from FAB-10. www.fabten.com/

Link Posted: 5/8/2006 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Try this abomination from FAB-10.

That's ATF approved, but not CAL-DOJ approved.

The easiest way to build Kaliban ARs, is with a fixed 10rd magazine, then you can use any of the other evil features.
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am not aware of an option for a non-pistol-grip or thumbhole stock for the AR. That does not mean that one does not exist, but i would not get my hopes up...

T-hole stocks have been around for ARs for years, but I believe they have been declared not to exempt a firearm from PG consideration (because the PG is still very evident/usable, albeit "surrounded), but maybe someone more conversant in CA AWB law can clarify/correct me here...

ETA:  Okay, I see he said T-hole is a no-go in the initial post.  Sorry!

I have one of the B&C thumbhole stocks (referenced above) that I have had/used for years and it is far more comfortable than you might suspect.  I had it for sale on EE for a while, then decided to keep it - I am going to use it on my 6.8SPC deer rifle (I usually use a colored stock for instant differentiation of my non-5.56mm ARs, but I don't want a brightly-colored stock on my deer-huntin' AR... ).
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try this abomination from FAB-10.

That's ATF approved, but not CAL-DOJ approved.

The easiest way to build Kaliban ARs, is with a fixed 10rd magazine, then you can use any of the other evil features.

Forgot about the fixed 10 round AR's...... Bushmaster has one that is California approved.... Take note however that it is a "top-loader"..... I wont even try to describe it if you havent seen it.......

Bushmaster Top Loader

Good luck....
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]
i will add this to the list why never to move to cali
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top