Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:55:13 AM EDT
I saw something claiming KAC (I think) got significantly better bolt life if they didn't do HPT, but I'm having trouble finding details on it.

It makes sense to me, AR bolts fail due to fatigue and a single higher load event can be significant, so if you have a 0% failure rate you're better off not doing HPT.

Does anyone have a link to more info on it? I spent a while searching with no luck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the recent "Bolt Life" thread. I seem to recall this being briefly discussed there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Never seen any proof about it, just a lot of claims.

I would love to see proof HPT reduces bolt life by 40%.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try the recent "Bolt Life" thread. I seem to recall this being briefly discussed there.
View Quote
I just read through it and didn't see anything
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry. Either you missed it or I'm wrong. May have seen it elsewhere, but I know it was recently. If I find it I'll post a link for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never seen any proof about it, just a lot of claims.

I would love to see proof HPT reduces bolt life by 40%.
View Quote
x2

Like the OP, I was also under the impression that Knight's does not HPT their E3 bolts, which seem to be indestructible, but I have no proof of this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top