Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2017 5:41:31 AM EDT
I have a V11pro, and recently remove the handguard, but cannot seem to get a torque wrench on the screws  because of the odd angle.

I know the directions explain how to hand tighten. However, it would be nice to properly torque them. Is there a solution?

The wrench I am using is a socket torque wrench. I have tried ball end hex bits but that only work for one screw and the tip broke off on another.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No need to torque them. I've owned and installed plenty of DD rails with this design and simply tightening the bolts is fine. If you feel the need, use some blue loctite on the screws.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
And don't forget you're threading steel screws into aluminum threads. You don't want to go crazy on the torque.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No need to torque them. I've owned and installed plenty of DD rails with this design and simply tightening the bolts is fine. If you feel the need, use some blue loctite on the screws.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Tighten firmly, ( by hand ) but stop tightening once they're snug and begin to 'squeak' or 'creak'.  

If you really feel the need for loctite, ( I personally don't recommend it for this application, ) use only a tiny amount of purple or blue on the first couple of threads.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
To be honest, I don't think there is any true way to "torque" it down. The reason behind is that the rails are aluminium so the screws don't exactly reach a final point where you can torque it in without actually damaging/warping the aluminium.

I would just follow DD's instructions.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top