Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 4:24:53 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting a new DI gun and was leaning towards a KAC 16" or 14.5" Mlok. Saw these Rebel Arms guns and I know PWS is doing some good things. The Ultra Match caught my attention, but does anyone out there have experience with these? I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything.. maybe I suck at searching or maybe there just isn't much info out on them.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts. Should I just stick with a KAC? They are proven and each component is a good component. Prices will be comparable between a new KAC Mlok and one of these Rebel Arms guns. What say the forum?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't recall ever hearing of Rebel Arms. This likely means they aren't comparable to Knights in quality.

No experience though.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah it appears they have collaborated with Primary Weapons Systems, which I know makes good stuff, but it is hard not to go with the well-established KAC.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
KAC.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If Rebel Arms dies, and there are plenty of small shops dying right now, then you have no warranty for your gun.

So that would kind of suck, especially if they turn out ot be sub-par to begin with.

ETA: Not that KAC is exactly a good value for the money, even though I'm confident they'll be around a while.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#5]
KAC.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Rebel Arms dies, and there are plenty of small shops dying right now, then you have no warranty for your gun.

So that would kind of suck, especially if they turn out ot be sub-par to begin with.

ETA: Not that KAC is exactly a good value for the money, even though I'm confident they'll be around a while.
View Quote
That's a good point regarding warranty (and customer service to begin with, which is an unknown to me). I don't think KAC is necessarily a good value for the money and I am tempted to pick up an LWRC DI gun right now for $1000 because I think it's probably the best deal going. I just also know that guys are pretty much unanimously happy with their KAC builds and I have an itch for one.

Thanks all for the responses.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been doing a bit more looking into these Rebel Arms guns which seem to be Primary Weapons System rifles with some good options and accessories. I didn't know when I posted this, but Primary Weapons System rifles are long-stroke piston systems, not DI.

Anyway, I'm still kind of torn. I'd like a LWRC DI, Knights with Mlok, and one of these Rebel Arms Mod 3s, but I can't have em all (right now) lol!

Edit: I'm wrong again lol.. looks like the Rebel Arms Mod 3 is based off of one of PWSs DI models.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This perception is mentioned around her from time to time, and it's simply not true when comparing apples to apples.

KAC MLOK MOD 2: Roughly $2200

Colt 6920: Roughly $800

To make the Colt have all the features of the KAC, you'd need to add a few things:

Quality rail: $250-$300
Two stage trigger: $125-$225
Upgraded Stock: $75-$200
Metal Backup Sights: $200-$300
Muzzle Device: $100

So even after all of that you're looking at roughly $1600 to $1900-more if using all KAC and LMT parts, as featured on the SR15-and that doesn't take into account the KAC's E3 bolt that adds significant life to the rifle, along with the KAC gas system, which is recognized by many as an incredibly soft shooting setup as well as a more solidly integrated part of the barrel, and finally the ambidextrous features of the KAC lower, not to mention the tools that would be required to assemble such a rifle yourself
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want the PWS/Bootleg Inc parts, why not just buy a PWS/Bootleg Inc rifle? If you just want a high quality DI gun, get the LWRC or KAC, or DD or BCM or any of the other more established brands. Rebel Arms seems to put together nice rifles, but they also seem to chase fads. Premium "custom" Glocks, expensive tactically AKs, on their Mod 3 which just means they switched handguards.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude, if you're spending around 2000 on an AR, there is no reason not to go with KAC. Get the KAC, out of all the AR's over 1500 KAC is the only one that is actually worth that quality wise. Don't even own a KAC anymore and in no way a fanboy, but can't deny theyre quality 
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top