Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2017 12:16:40 PM EDT
There is a $20 difference between thsese ALG triggers at Brownells

The 100-009-796WB is $49 and the 100-009-797WB is $69.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Nickel boron coating and slightly lighter pull for the ACT.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, I have them both.

The QMS is a lightly gone over trigger, meaning that the engagement surfaces have been cleaned up a bit.  It looks and feels just like the mil-spec trigger that it is minus much of the typical grittiness.

The ALG is that plus the friction-reducing coatings.  It has a noticeably smoother, somewhat lighter feel to the pull.

The QMS is a good choice if you're constrained (say, by policy) to a "mil-spec trigger".  Otherwise the ACT is well worth the extra $20.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, I have them both.

The QMS is a lightly gone over trigger, meaning that the engagement surfaces have been cleaned up a bit.  It looks and feels just like the mil-spec trigger that it is minus much of the typical grittiness.

The ALG is that plus the friction-reducing coatings.  It has a noticeably smoother, somewhat lighter feel to the pull.

The QMS is a good choice if you're constrained (say, by policy) to a "mil-spec trigger".  Otherwise the ACT is well worth the extra $20.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the ACT, it's a great trigger, if you are not concerned about a lighter trigger the qms is also a good trigger.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, I have them both.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, I have them both.

ACT meets all the requirements of mil-spec for weight/type of pull materials but with added coatings.

Obviously it isn't really milspec nor is the QMS or there would be a NSN and it would be selective fire.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ACT meets all the requirements of mil-spec for weight/type of pull materials but with added coatings.

Obviously it isn't really milspec nor is the QMS or there would be a NSN and it would be selective fire.
View Quote
Yeah, I get that.  However, your agency may have some pointed questions if they see a gray-colored trigger and pins in your rifle.  The QMS, being the typical black and with no extra markings, avoids such pointless drama while providing a somewhat improved pull.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top