Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2017 2:41:51 PM EDT
The XD is from Croatia 

their 1911 casting and forgings are from Brazil

I really doubt that they started making AR parts themselves, anyone know who is making them? 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
PSA

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it really matter, it is just another .mil spec AR15, just like hundreds of others in the market place these days.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
BCM makes many parts for the SAINT...maybe more?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it really matter, it is just another .mil spec AR15, just like hundreds of others in the market place these days.
View Quote
Just curious, inquiring minds and all that
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
As many AR's in the market these days, it is hard to track down who made what,  If you get to see one in person, look at the forge marks, that will tell you who forged the upper and lower, but right now it is a wide open market and there are a lot of companies making parts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure BCM makes the Judas. Or whoever makes parts for BCM makes the Judas. It's so hard to tell now a days.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The saint has BCM furniture, that's about where the ties to BCM end. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking Aero because they have the tensioning screw. Is Aero the only brand that does that?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was thinking Aero because they have the tensioning screw. Is Aero the only brand that does that?
View Quote
Nope, I have 4 Noreens that have the tension screw
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mega also has a tensioning screw.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#12]
So do the Runner Runner lowers iirc.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Aero is a manufacturer and they also make lowers for other companies. Mainly smaller companies, but wouldn't be surprised if the also make them for Springfield. A huge company contract like that would be some good income. If its a billet lower than its definitely not Aero. They only do forged.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Aero is a manufacturer and they also make lowers for other companies. Mainly smaller companies, but wouldn't be surprised if the also make them for Springfield. A huge company contract like that would be some good income. If its a billet lower than its definitely not Aero. They only do forged.
View Quote
Probably Aero.

Aero makes BCM receivers and BCGs if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Noveske/SMOS have them too
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Made in the USA? Yea, maybe it does to some people.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#18]
My Kinetic lower has the screw as well, marketed as an "enhanced" lower. No idea who makes the forgings for them but good quality.
Saint is just mil spec parts most likely from the lowest seller at the price point Springfield is selling them at. I am seeing A, square and circle upper forge codes on google search images, mostly A. A code is Anchor Harvey Aluminum forge, square is Brass Aluminum. Circle is a newerish one not sure who makes that upper forging.
BCM makes only the funiture for the Saint. I would be interested to know who makes the BCG and barrel blanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Way to help answer the OPs question, oh wait you didn't and you didn't add anything to help figure it out. Go spam another thread.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Made in the USA? Yea, maybe it does to some people.
View Quote
Well,

I own 22 AR's now, 3 M16's and I know for a fact that every single part in every single one of them are made in America.

Good luck on figuring out who is making the Saint, other than finding a forge symbol on the upper and lower it is going to be difficult to see what combination of parts and who they came from.

That is the problem when you play in the area of "Lego Guns"
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Probably Aero.

View Quote
First I heard this... Got a source or anything to go on with this?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:39:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The XD is from Croatia 

their 1911 casting and forgings are from Brazil

I really doubt that they started making AR parts themselves, anyone know who is making them? 
View Quote

For the record, SA frames are no longer Imbel(which are/were great quality) made. Made in the USA as of late 2015/early 16.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Way to help answer the OPs question, oh wait you didn't and you didn't add anything to help figure it out. Go spam another thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Since when is a link to a thread from the owner of this site "spam," friend? It was and is the perfect answer to anything regarding SA or RRA, two companies that screwed gun owners for their own benefit/profit.
And now that I've also helped you figure things out, you're welcome.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

For the record, SA frames are no longer Imbel(which are/were great quality) made. Made in the USA as of late 2015/early 16.
View Quote
I was not aware of that - do you have a source?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just insider info from industry pals. So it's questionable, but I respect them and their opinions.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My Kinetic lower has the screw as well, marketed as an "enhanced" lower. No idea who makes the forgings for them but good quality.
Saint is just mil spec parts most likely from the lowest seller at the price point Springfield is selling them at. I am seeing A, square and circle upper forge codes on google search images, mostly A. A code is Anchor Harvey Aluminum forge, square is Brass Aluminum. Circle is a newerish one not sure who makes that upper forging.
BCM makes only the funiture for the Saint. I would be interested to know who makes the BCG and barrel blanks.
View Quote
Surely the BCG is the most complicated machining in the Ar15 - there really can't be many manufacturers of that part.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Since when is a link to a thread from the owner of this site "spam," friend? It was and is the perfect answer to anything regarding SA or RRA, two companies that screwed gun owners for their own benefit/profit.
View Quote
I know exactly which thread was linked and why. The why does not answer any of the OPs questions so they do not pertain to this thread, so in other words you didn't help OP with his question.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know exactly which thread was linked and why. The why does not answer any of the OPs questions so they do not pertain to this thread, so in other words you didn't help OP with his question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU know, does the OP?  Perhaps he is investigating the origin of parts because he is contemplating a purchase from this company in the near-future?  We would be remiss by withholding pertinent information that could greatly affect a well-informed buying decision.  You apparently disagree.  Why?  He was curious and has received info not just about the parts but, additionally, the company that sells the finished product.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#29]
L.W. SCHNEIDER of Princeton, Il.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
L.W. SCHNEIDER of Princeton, Il.
View Quote
Dang, talk about flying under the radar, that company has done it for over four decades!  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#31]
from lw schneider website
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#32]
they are strickly an industry supplier-- unless you want a thousand plus of something they don't want to hear from you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My guess would be Aero.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
from lw schneider website
http://www.lwschneider.com/images/0004.jpg
View Quote
Good lord.
"We don't know what it is or what it does, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look cool!"

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Springfield 1911's are made 100% in the USA and have been for a while.  I spoke with the Factory Store employees at Camp Perry during the National Matches and they stated that they were in fact all 100% made in the US.  

Quoted:
Just insider info from industry pals. So it's questionable, but I respect them and their opinions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Springfield 1911's are made 100% in the USA and have been for a while.  I spoke with the Factory Store employees at Camp Perry during the National Matches and they stated that they were in fact all 100% made in the US.  
View Quote
???

My post was about Aero mfg for BCM
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Probably Aero.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably Aero.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how it all starts.  It's funny how many machine shops there are in the United States that are capable of manufacturing AR15 parts, yet people consistently regurgitate the same junk they hear on forums.   Receivers are not hard at all to manufacture. 

As for the OP, they probably pull the same shit that most other AR15 "manufacturers" do.  They source parts from numerous machine shops from across the country, and slap it together.  AR15s are EASY to put together.  They probably put them together themselves. 

Quoted:
Springfield 1911's are made 100% in the USA and have been for a while. I spoke with the Factory Store employees at Camp Perry during the National Matches and they stated that they were in fact all 100% made in the US. 
Yeah, I'm not buying it.  Especially after the crap they pulled here in Illinois.  I highly doubt they are "making" them 100% in the USA.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#38]
do da name EMBEL ring a bell?????
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
PSA

View Quote
PSA doesn't make parts. They buy lots of rejects and bottom barrel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
do da name EMBEL ring a bell?????
View Quote
No not a thing, but Imbel does.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#41]
whoops!!!! alphabet brain fart
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Guys do some research on AO Precision. NOT AERO.

AO PRECISION manufactures parts for almost every single "AR Manufacturing" company at some point in time,  including our Receivers and BCGs. They are a TRUE OEM company and do not brand their own product, they stamp other companies logos on their manufactured components.

I believe a lot of you hear AO and mistake that for AERO Precision.

AO makes the absolute best mil spec, forged AR15 components.
They are located in Florida and directly supply our military.

By the way, I am not knocking Aero here just giving you some insight where some confusion may have occurred. Aero makes excellent quality components as well!

Jason
View Quote
I bought 2 AO BCGs from you.  Excellent stuff.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
cant blame him though, true n all.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Wonder if they will ever sell just the lower like you can buy just the lower from Ruger?

I would love to have a lower with some crossed cannons - just not going to pay north of 700 bucks to get that.....

Red
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#46]
The SAINT barrels are made by Green Mountain. Springfield Armory does re-profile them to meet their needs. Furniture, of course, is from BCM. There is much speculation on everything else.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What Springfield and RRA have done, repeatedly, over many years, needs to be posted far and wide.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top