Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/18/2017 9:53:01 AM EDT
Foind this on Gunbroker.  Is this a legit setup?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/657863141
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea, but that's kinda cool. I may have to put together something similar just because. Won't cost anywhere near that, though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt makes the M4, FN makes some of the M16's and most I saw were Colt until the last few years (Navy guy here).

Its possible deployment weapons kits could come like that but it would vary with the unit.

If your looking for a turn key Carbine package at a lower cost I would look on te EE here for a Colt 6920 with associated optics and accesories.

They are trying to sell the FN Military collectors carbine with a bunch of stuff. Nothing wrong with the weapon or anything but you could probably get a slightly used setup a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Guns America did an article on the gun last July

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fn-military-collector-series-m4-true-mil-spec-5-56-carbine-full-review/

And Fn America has them listed on their website for just the gun at $1749.00

https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-15-military-collector-m4/
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure that's just packages that vendor puts together and sells with some "colorful" marketing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt makes the M4, FN makes some of the M16's and most I saw were Colt until the last few years (Navy guy here).

Its possible deployment weapons kits could come like that but it would vary with the unit.

If your looking for a turn key Carbine package at a lower cost I would look on te EE here for a Colt 6920 with associated optics and accesories.

They are trying to sell the FN Military collectors carbine with a bunch of stuff. Nothing wrong with the weapon or anything but you could probably get a slightly used setup a little cheaper.
View Quote
Both Colt and FN hold the current military contract for the M4A1.  Plenty of FNs out there.  This package, just looks like the FN mil collectors addition with a bunch of additions. You are right, You can put this same thing together yourself cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty sure that's just packages that vendor puts together and sells with some "colorful" marketing.
View Quote
This.

No such thing as an issue "deployment kit."
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
pretty cool, put your own together
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Those people do all sorts of stupid shit and try to pass it off as military stuff.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]

OP found Rocke Guns

In on 1

ETA

Needs more Rocke sword
swords yo

If you want UID stickers...
roll your own UID sticker for $12 bucks
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought Colt lost all their Military contracts and them FN had all the M4A1 contracts.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Rocke is known for making up a bunch of their own "exclusive limited edition rifles."
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote
I hated putting together the Barrett M107 deployment kits. Ended up being 2 Pelican 1750 cases strapped together. The second case was filled with all kinds of extra stuff.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hated putting together the Barrett M107 deployment kits. Ended up being 2 Pelican 1750 cases strapped together. The second case was filled with all kinds of extra stuff.
View Quote
And we hated receiving and storing them....
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn't mind the case itself.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If your looking for a turn key Carbine package at a lower cost I would look on te EE here for a Colt 6920 with associated optics and accesories..
View Quote
Oem2 is down to $660 shipped from buds.
Put one on layaway Friday.
6x6920's, wth
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Rocke Guns strikes again.

They love engraving "Property of XXX/GOV ONLY!!!111" and passing it off as the real deal.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#18]
just gives me ideas how to set stuff up, let the unkown pay hard for exclusive deployment packeges
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]
That vendor often makes stuff up. They bought several SR-25's awhile back and engraved them "Govt Property/Military" blah blah.

It's total BS
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Just posting to chime in on the don't fall for the Rocke Guns snake oil gimmicks. You could definitely source everything yourself and come in spending less.

ETA: Just for shitz and giggles, take a look at this whopping deal. I'm definitely sold on it being close to an issued kit given the fact that it comes with Blast Shields. LOL.

ETA 2: I'll give them credit though. At least they are offering quality gear and not some Old School Vulcan type rifles with their marketing.

"SEAL Deployment Package"
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those people do all sorts of stupid shit and try to pass it off as military stuff.

Fuck them.
View Quote
Yep. They are frauds.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:27:18 AM EDT
[#23]
The description is BS. Colt had the exclusive M4 contract until a few years ago so FN has only been maing the M4 and M4A1 for a few years not since 1988. FNH made most of the M16A4s, but Colt was making most of the A2s until like the late 90s into the early 2000's when the A4 started taking over. Colt lost it in 2009, had some legal battles then lost it for sure in 2012, but won it again in I think 2015 and has it until 2020. Not exclusive, but still a pretty large one.

The bayonet has a goofy grip that is smoother than the issued ones unless they've changed relatively recently.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo.  "Army" and "Civilian" in the name of the package?  
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Interesting wording for what amounts to clone kit.

Basic Block I Colt, M9, 7 USGI mags and an Otis Cleaning kit is pretty standard deployment fair for USAF cops.

That ad is a bit deceptive though, I could see why panties would be twisted over it. Technically no such thing exists.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just posting to chime in on the don't fall for the Rocke Guns snake oil gimmicks. You could definitely source everything yourself and come in spending less.

ETA: Just for shitz and giggles, take a look at this whopping deal. I'm definitely sold on it being close to an issued kit given the fact that it comes with Blast Shields. LOL.

ETA 2: I'll give them credit though. At least they are offering quality gear and not some Old School Vulcan type rifles with their marketing.

"SEAL Deployment Package"
View Quote
Holy wall of text.

Have they heard of paragraphs and formatting?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Holy wall of text.

Have they heard of paragraphs and formatting?
View Quote
Oh boy another formatting and grammar cop!

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#28]
That's a load of horse shit.

The mil wouldn't waste their time buying non-NFA m4s, to issue to civilians.

Contracting companies could just issue employees whatever they want because they aren't in the US, and if they're going to Iraq or some other shithole, who's going to say anything?

Could a unit compile a kit like this? Sure. Would they? Probably not. Your weapon goes on a sling and your sidearm in a holster... for travel (IME) they would ship in a mobile armory type container or be brought onto the ship and stored in the arms room onboard until you reach the destination.

It's a stupid marketing scheme, but I will say that it is kind of cool, most everything you need for a range trip in one case...

ETA: since when do civilians wear dog tags? Or "deploy"? Although if I was a contractor (being prior service) in shitholeistan I might bring my dog tags out of retirement.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Rocke Guns , you should have seen the BS hype they came up with when the Colt M45's were hot. All kinds of specially named kits.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I think the Rocke products are great. I don't care that they aren't issue, aren't "contract overruns" and weren't made for the FBI, SEALS, Border Patrol, Green Berets, NASA, the Secret Service and so on. They seems to get and refinish or contract out the refinishing of firearms that are quality items and relatively unique.

Wilson Combat pistols and FN semi-auto SAW's are always interesting IMO. Would I buy anything from them, paying a premium for their "special contract overruns", probably not. That doesn't make the firearms any less interesting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought Colt lost all their Military contracts and them FN had all the M4A1 contracts.
View Quote
Yes and no.

FN is delivering new M4A1s while Colt is delivering 85% of all the upgrade parts to turn the M4 into the M4A1.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think the Rocke products are great. I don't care that they aren't issue, aren't "contract overruns" and weren't made for the FBI, SEALS, Border Patrol, Green Berets, NASA, the Secret Service and so on. They seems to get and refinish or contract out the refinishing of firearms that are quality items and relatively unique.

Wilson Combat pistols and FN semi-auto SAW's are always interesting IMO. Would I buy anything from them, paying a premium for their "special contract overruns", probably not. That doesn't make the firearms any less interesting.
View Quote
Nobody has a problem with the equipment (at least in this ad)... it's the lies they tell trying to sell it (at an inflated price).

It's the integrity fail, not the gear.  Wouldn't think anybody would need to explain that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#33]
"Five (5) real GI issue magazines $222"
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
These "Border Patrol" SCARs are retarded too...  CBP (BP, OFO, AMO) don't engrave weapons FFS. 

I love the badges they show too - they're completely fake as are the hats and other shit they have in the pics to make this look legit.   So stupid.

Can't believe I'm even included the link: http://rockeguns.com/product/usbp-eval-scar-17h-trijicon-6x-bortac-rmr-copy/ 

Is this place for real?  Do they actually get people paying for this stuff??

ETA: Is this for real: http://rockeguns.com/disclosure/ ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I love the idea of the "deployment kit", just don't like the price, lol!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
These "Border Patrol" SCARs are retarded too...  CBP (BP, OFO, AMO) don't engrave weapons FFS. 

I love the badges they show too - they're completely fake as are the hats and other shit they have in the pics to make this look legit.   So stupid.

Can't believe I'm even included the link: http://rockeguns.com/product/usbp-eval-scar-17h-trijicon-6x-bortac-rmr-copy/ 

Is this place for real?  Do they actually get people paying for this stuff??

View Quote
Well there must be enough naive guys in America, to keep them in business.!

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Any fully automatic contract overruns will have been converted to semi-automatic configuration and will pass any/all BATFE inspections.
Nope. That's not a thing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Capitalism.......

Or a sucker born every minute
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Interesting wording for what amounts to clone kit.

Basic Block I Colt, M9, 7 USGI mags and an Otis Cleaning kit is pretty standard deployment fair for USAF cops.

That ad is a bit deceptive though, I could see why panties would be twisted over it. Technically no such thing exists.
View Quote
I didnt think the kit was was a bad deal for a one stop shop and ship. Except the m9 isnt included. without it that seems rich.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nobody has a problem with the equipment (at least in this ad)... it's the lies they tell trying to sell it (at an inflated price).

It's the integrity fail, not the gear.  Wouldn't think anybody would need to explain that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people don't care that they are lied to and are overcharged for the BS story. Look at how many people defended Mitchel's Mausers. Honesty? What a crock. Just come up with some cool sounding bull and make some cash off of fools!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope. That's not a thing.
View Quote
Sounds like a false advertising lawsuit in the making
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I do not see "PROPERTY OF THE US MILITARY" anywhere on the lower in the Civilian M4 Package deal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Bunch of stuff thrown together.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

But... It's got dog tags, and everything....
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#45]
That package is NOT military issue.... The language used in all of that sellers ads is just plain marketing - praying on uneducated buyers!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Did FN change the selector marking from FIRE to SEMI? on the MIL. collectors series. just wondering.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Legit?

Read his disclaimer section lol.

They're actually telling you the barrels are broken in and everything's zero'd.

I've been looking for someone to overcharge me for a used gun and claim it's a service.

What's sad is people like them don't continue to throw crazy shit at the wall on the internet unless they're actually selling it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I didnt think the kit was was a bad deal for a one stop shop and ship. Except the m9 isnt included. without it that seems rich.
View Quote
No M9 makes the package a shitty deal. I can see the appeal for someone that wants that stuff in a nice package and doesn't want to bother doing the research to find the stuff/put it on.

The more I read the ad the more deceptive it seems. 8/10 on the Shady Scale.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much what I was getting at in a roundabout way with my prior post. If they didn't try as hard with the snake oil marketing, I'm sure they'd be taken serious by the majority of the knowledgeable gun owners.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top