AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bayonets won't go on the 14.7 and standard A2 hider combo without rattling around. I'm not familiar with the spacer from ADCO.

I did an A2X on my SOCOM and it looks and works awesome.
View Quote
I found a 14.5 M4 on the EE here and still can't decide if I want the use the ADCO spacer or an A2X. The barrel already has a standard A2 on it, so the ADCO spacer at $26 works out a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pay atf 200.00 and do a form 1 and register your lower and make it a sbr that way you do not have to pin or weld anything. I did my first one.

Did the paper work sent it in and just waited. Got it back and no more worrys about any more blind welds. If I want to put a 10.5 in barrel on it I can.

You can do it in your name now and do not need a judge or CLEO to sign off on your paper work any more.  The sign off was done away with.

I'm getting ready to sbr a SCAR 16 and a Colt lower.

But like I stated by sbr a lower you can do pretty much anything you want with barrel and stock wise. Put a binary tigger in it and have some fun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a new Colt 6920 then found a new Colt 14.5 SOCOM barrel on the EE for $225. Sent the barrel to Adco with a KAC NT4 flash hider and ordered the KAC shim to have it permanently attached. My plan was to remove the unfired 6920 barrel and sell it on the EE to recoup some of my money. Only problem is I sheared off a few teeth on the barrel nut during the removal process. Kind of hard to sell it now so I'm stuck with a spare barrel
View Quote
Ton of factory Colt delta rings laying around, I'm about to have spare when my G-SMR rail shows up! ;)
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pay atf 200.00 and do a form 1 and register your lower and make it a sbr that way you do not have to pin or weld anything. I did my first one.

Did the paper work sent it in and just waited. Got it back and no more worrys about any more blind welds. If I want to put a 10.5 in barrel on it I can.

You can do it in your name now and do not need a judge or CLEO to sign off on your paper work any more.  The sign off was done away with.

I'm getting ready to sbr a SCAR 16 and a Colt lower.

But like I stated by sbr a lower you can do pretty much anything you want with barrel and stock wise. Put a binary tigger in it and have some fun.
View Quote
Very true, but I really don't feel like messing with the paper work and all the baggage that goes along with owning an NFA item. I may change my mind and do it to an extra lower one day. I guess you still have to have it engraved after your approved.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Update. I pinned and welded my new M4 barrel using the ADCO spacer and standard A2. Everything is together now with the correct side sling and KAC rails, I am only lacking a my Matech which hopefully is on its way.

Thanks to all for the advice!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am in the camp that a 16 in, carbine length, m4 profile barrel looks stupid. Send it off to have it cut to 14.7 and pin and weld the A2 flashhider.

16 in midlength is acceptable in the looks dept.
View Quote
Are you saying that Recce clones with the required 16" carbine gas port barrel length look stupid and are unacceptable?  I appreciate that length is a matter of taste, but perhaps some hyperbole here?  I also know that the Recce barrel is a different profile, but most of that is under the handguard and not visible. I get it that many like the M4 barrel length.  Might do one myself, but I would not denerate those who might prefer a different length.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Update. I pinned and welded my new M4 barrel using the ADCO spacer and standard A2. Everything is together now with the correct side sling and KAC rails, I am only lacking a my Matech which hopefully is on its way.

Thanks to all for the advice!!
View Quote
Congratulations!!!

We Want Pics!!!

Should have mine back tonight.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Congratulations!!!

We Want Pics!!!

Should have mine back tonight.
View Quote
I have been trying to find a way to post some pictures, but I do not have a hosting site at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Imageshack works good for me.
View Quote
Thanks I will look into it tonight. My Matech sight arrived today so I am only lacking a UID label before calling it good.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I received my UID label and it looks good!!

The finished product, pictures are not that great. I may try to get some better noes later.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#13]
How's it look with a fixed Bayonet?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Bayonet will not reach the lug using the ADCO spacer. It hits the end of the flash hider and lacks reaching the lug by the length of the spacer. One of the downsides of using a spacer. I guess you could open up the hole in the bayonet enough to clear the FH, but it would probably wobble.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice rig!
View Quote
Thanks, my MIG weld is not as pretty as your TIG job but it does the job. I used a .100 diameter SS rod from an antenna I had laying around for a pin. I worked great.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Was afraid that the Bayonet wouldn't fit properly.

Have a similar problem with the diameter of the ring around the Vortex FH pinned & welded on the SOCOM barrel that came with my Expanse HB...
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Was afraid that the Bayonet wouldn't fit properly.

Have a similar problem with the diameter of the ring around the Vortex FH pinned & welded on the SOCOM barrel that came with my Expanse HB...
View Quote
I wonder if the A2X has this issue???
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wonder if the A2X has this issue???
View Quote
No:

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I should have pursued the A2X. I don't feel like grinding off the weld to change at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Roger that.

Same way I feel about the Vortex.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top