Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2017 9:17:13 PM EDT
So there I was, trying mags in a new build, and noticed I had to use effort by moving my hand around on the grip to release them at the speed I was changing them.
If I had a extended this would be much easier, and I could keep a good grip on the grip, especially in an emergency situation, so I ordered a extended mag release, which got me to thinking, what other enhanced parts will help?
I have a BAD lever, which I am still not sure if I actually need, and then there is the extended charging handles....
What else is out there that will help make the operation faster and smoother?

I don't think all of my rifles will see such upgrades, but my "go to" weapons may if I see they actually work as advertised.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Personal experience of a southpaw. I bought a BAD lever so that I could reload more like "normal" people, and it was not at all worth using. If you need an enhancement, get a bigger bolt catch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My trigger finger reaches the magazine release fine. Maybe you need a different grip with different thickness? The bad lever concept is great. It's sooooo easy to lock the bolt to the rear. I don't know why people poo poo it so much.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My trigger finger reaches the magazine release fine. Maybe you need a different grip with different thickness? The bad lever concept is great. It's sooooo easy to lock the bolt to the rear. I don't know why people poo poo it so much.
View Quote
I have BAD levers on everything except my 603 clone.  It has been a few years since I have had a double feed malfunction but it makes clearing that type of malfunction much faster.  Speeds up bolt lock reloads, albeit by a tiny amount.  Makes it easy to unload and shot clear at the end of a course of fire.  Which for me that alone is a good enough reason.  

<-------------------Gamer.  

ETA:

Extended charging handles are a must have IMHO.  I  have missed a grab on a standard CH while in a hurry before.  I don't think the super expensive versions are necessary....   I have a BCM Gunfighter medium latch and I have a Badger latch on a standard CH.  For the money I like the Badger better but in theory I suppose it is a weaker design and may break under harsh use.

I like the large ergo grips because they position my hand in such a way that the trigger, safety, mag release, are all easy to actuate without changing my grip.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
put all that shit then some offset sights and flip mount magnifier and some night vision and wrap it all up with rubber bands and zip ties and then spray paint it with some leaves on it and shit fuck yeah
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top