Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2017 8:27:25 AM EDT
Sort of want....anyone play with one yet?

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sort of?

I just got an email on this today. Looks pretty good. However, I do like my own hand grip, and I'm not hyped about the grip safety.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
i would love to get one. id even pay the 600 bucks for the 1.2... however, there is no way in hell i am going to ship my lower to them to have it installed. thats a load of crap.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i would love to get one. id even pay the 600 bucks for the 1.2... however, there is no way in hell i am going to ship my lower to them to have it installed. thats a load of crap.
View Quote
The lower receiver has to be modified to work with this trigger.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
600 bucks...nope and it's electronic double nope. Not that I wouldn't like to play with one but not for that price
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems to me that would be hack-able, I'm skeptical of it being around very long.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sort of want....anyone play with one yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyc_WfIC_8
View Quote

According to Muad, he has a video review filmed and edited waiting to to, he just hasn't uploaded it. Harras him! Send him pm's and drive him nuts haha

But for real, I'm wanting to ditch my echo and waiting to see what he says about the digitrigger first.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I went ahead and bought one with the 10% off coupon. Have to mail the lower to them for the install, which is a pain in the ass. As for the reliability, being hackable, batteries, etc...don't care. It's a toy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw this, thought it was neat but then noticed they don't do business with the Left coast, so fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#10]
For those that haven't read:

-if the battery dies, flip it to semi position and it will function mechanically like any other milspec trigger
-grip safety is bypassable

It's neat, like an electronic painball marker, but there is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to trigger costs vs fire rates, especially when it's something the ATF could flip on at any time.
You might have to run a light carrier and buffer to get it to cycle fast enough to keep up with the trigger eventually.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Does it not sense the position of the bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Saw this, thought it was neat but then noticed they don't do business with the Left coast, so fuck 'em!
View Quote
Probably due to the wacko laws in your state.  They won't ship to Iowa, either, it looks like, so the Ponies won't be getting 1 lb electronic trigger goodness.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Electronically? I don't think so.
Mechanically, it's still got the disconnector.  Surely it doesn't cam entirely out of the way on electronic mode...
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
No.  But they electronically limited it to 750 RPM.  So if you get two hammer drops under that time it drops the second shot and lets the round off on the next pull/release cycle.  That's slow enough that very few AR's will have issues with stock parts.  Maybe the occasional 20" rifle gas upper running PMC or Wolf.  Stock M4's should be cycling in the 900RPM range.

I asked about getting a faster version and they said they might release one later.  Would be nice for those of us willing to tune for 1,000+RPM cycle speeds.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#15]
For home use it would be nice to get down to 300-450 rpm.  Think the M3 Grease Gun was down to 450 rpm, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For home use it would be nice to get down to 300-450 rpm.  Think the M3 Grease Gun was down to 450 rpm, IIRC.
View Quote
Slower is always easier -  just move your finger slower.

Realistically, I run about 450RPM with a SD3G.  With the Echo and Franklin Binary triggers I'm normally running closer to 600RPM.

Personally I like 1,000 RPM for self defense.  That gives a 5 rd burst in .3 seconds.  At CQB ranges they should all be on target with just a little training.  Five holes is better than the two max I could get with a SD3G.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Realistically, I run about 450RPM with a SD3G.  With the Echo and Franklin Binary triggers I'm normally running closer to 600RPM.

Personally I like 1,000 RPM for self defense.  That gives a 5 rd burst in .3 seconds.  At CQB ranges they should all be on target with just a little training.  Five holes is better than the two max I could get with a SD3G.
View Quote
I have both a MAC 10 and 11 in NFA jail.  Sort of neat to use one with a can for HD.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have both a MAC 10 and 11 in NFA jail.  Sort of neat to use one with a can for HD.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/PART-1490456446801-IMG-20161120-121037-219776.JPG
View Quote
That looks fun
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  I have both a MAC 10 and 11 in NFA jail.  Sort of neat to use one with a can for HD.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/PART-1490456446801-IMG-20161120-121037-219776.JPG
View Quote
That's kinda where I'm heading w/ this.  9x19mm sub HPs out of an AR9 w/ Glock mags (drum?) w/ a suppressor & a good trigger or possibly a bump fire stock.  All the kids are upstairs.  Only have to worry about the cats & the neighbors, and the one closest bought a Taurus Judge, so he's welcome to return fire.

I'd have to be able to afford to practice w/ the bump fire stock, however, so that's a long way off.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#20]
75gr TAP is a much better ballistic performer than 9mm hollow points.  I'll stick with supersonic rifle rounds for home defense.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're a man after my own heart, Jaquefrost.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  75gr TAP is a much better ballistic performer than 9mm hollow points.  I'll stick with supersonic rifle rounds for home defense.
View Quote
I agree w/ you it's a better performer, but there's only 2 ears in the house I'm willing to damage.  The other 10 I want to keep functional.  It's a tradeoff.  That's why I'd like to be able to put several rounds center of mass very quickly, which this trigger might make very easy to do.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I agree w/ you it's a better performer, but there's only 2 ears in the house I'm willing to damage.  The other 10 I want to keep functional.  It's a tradeoff.  That's why I'd like to be able to put several rounds center of mass very quickly, which this trigger might make very easy to do.
View Quote
Then put a mini can on it
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Then put a mini can on it
View Quote
Oh, I think cans are good for house guns.  But supersonics indoors are not going to be hearing safe, no matter how well suppressed.  The car gun and the bagged CC AR are a different matter entirely.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oh, I think cans are good for house guns.  But supersonics indoors are not going to be hearing safe, no matter how well suppressed.  The car gun and the bagged CC AR are a different matter entirely.
View Quote
While supersonics aren't hearing safe, a single mag indoors through a mini can is unlikely to cause major hearing damage.  I view the trade off as completely acceptable when the alternative could involve my own or a family members incapacitation.

Here's what I'm currently using:
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  While supersonics aren't hearing safe, a single mag indoors through a mini can is unlikely to cause major hearing damage.  I view the trade off as completely acceptable when the alternative could involve my own or a family members incapacitation.

Here's what I'm currently using:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/82200.JPG
View Quote
Nice setup.  God forbid you should ever have to use it for its intended purpose.  I've got a boy w/ enough issues already, hearing loss would only add to the problems.  With a good trigger, I figger I might be able to make Swiss cheese in my entryway.  Every thing is a tradeoff - this is the particular one I choose to make.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nice setup.  God forbid you should ever have to use it for its intended purpose.  I've got a boy w/ enough issues already, hearing loss would only add to the problems.  With a good trigger, I figger I might be able to make Swiss cheese in my entryway.  Every thing is a tradeoff - this is the particular one I choose to make.
View Quote
If, and lets be honest its big if, you ever have to light up someone inside your home I dont see the 3 or 6 or 8 rounds that get fired as suddenly making everyone in the house permanently deaf. Out of all the things to worry about in an in home SD situation that one strikes me as being pretty low on the list......
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:  If, and lets be honest its big if, you ever have to light up someone inside your home I dont see the 3 or 6 or 8 rounds that get fired as suddenly making everyone in the house permanently deaf. Out of all the things to worry about in an in home SD situation that one strikes me as being pretty low on the list......
View Quote
If someone comes into the house, I expect I'll pretty well empty the mag.  I understand the limitations of the 9x19mm round, in the long run it won't be my car gun, but in my house that's what I'm headed for.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If someone comes into the house, I expect I'll pretty well empty the mag.  I understand the limitations of the 9x19mm round, in the long run it won't be my car gun, but in my house that's what I'm headed for.  YMMV.
View Quote
Just one?! 

But I do understand. I dont think theres a wrong answer in HD situations, outside of "Heres my rimfire pistol". That would rank right up there with "Heres my pencil, freshly sharpened!". 

I've done enough shooting without ears, which is dumb and I no longer do it, that my hearing isnt really going to be impacted by 1 more or less mag dump.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Just one?! 

But I do understand. I dont think theres a wrong answer in HD situations, outside of "Heres my rimfire pistol". That would rank right up there with "Heres my pencil, freshly sharpened!". 

I've done enough shooting without ears, which is dumb and I no longer do it, that my hearing isnt really going to be impacted by 1 more or less mag dump.
View Quote
I don't think this is actually the worst answer, particularly for elderly folks on a budget:

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just one?! 

But I do understand. I dont think theres a wrong answer in HD situations, outside of "Heres my rimfire pistol". 
View Quote
Orly?

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think this is actually the worst answer, particularly for elderly folks on a budget:

http://www.keltecweapons.com/media/catalog/category/pistols/pmr30/pmr30-right.png
View Quote
I just don't trust rimfire to properly ignite every time.  I would definitely take it over a pencil though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I sent a lower to them on Monday and they received it yesterday. It was an SBR lower, which in retrospect wasn't the smartest, but oh well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I sent a lower to them on Monday and they received it yesterday. It was an SBR lower, which in retrospect wasn't the smartest, but oh well.
View Quote
If I do it I'll be using an SBR lower.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I do it I'll be using an SBR lower.
View Quote
With the advent of all of the types of braces out there I don't think I'll be doing any more SBRs.  The issue is that if I'm not crazy about the trigger I'm stuck with it.  Imo, the better plan would have been to send them a vanilla lower and build it as a pistol. If I like it, all good. If not I could have sold it.  Not a big deal but again, if I had a do-over it wouldn't have been a SBR lower. Hopefully I like it
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#36]
You could still sell it as a lower. You'll just lose your stamp.

I figured it would still work with a regular fcg,  just have some odd holes in the back.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:18:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Got my lower back with the digitrigger installed. Took about 7 days from when I sent it in to when it was returned. Not bad considering FedEx screwed up the 2-day and took 3 days to deliver it.

The trigger itself is interesting. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but in dry fire the digital mode with the selector in the "auto" position is truly an electronic trigger and the weapon don't have to cocked for what sounds like the sear releasing on both pull and release. Weight is about 1 lb and very short take up. In the digital press and release mode (P/R) the sear reset and release , if you can call it that, is very quick.  

The mechanical manual trigger has a long take up but all-in-all it's not bad. Trigger weight is maybe 5 lbs.  Not a Giellesse but better than milspec.

The grip that they use has a magpul-esque angle and shape though is slightly larger in all dimensions. Nothing unmanageable but just slightly longer and wider. I'd imagine this is to hold whatever electronics are in it.

It didn't come with a 9v battery, required for the digital mode and I was a little disappointed when I installed one. There a little slop in the compartment in the grip and the battery rattles a bit. It was fixed in 2 secs with a piece of foam but still.....for $600+ this should have been a non-issue.

My other concern is weather. No plans on swimming this but I am wondering if a hard rain will short this out?  

Over all, as I said before, this is an interesting setup and it'll take a little getting used to.  Hopefully get to run some through it today. It's sitting in a dedicated suppressed 300 AAC as the range doesn't allow full-auto. While this isn't an auto I have a strong suspicion that it'll sing like one so I'm trying to mask that with the subs and a can.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the review!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Got my lower back with the digitrigger installed. Took about 7 days from when I sent it in to when it was returned. Not bad considering FedEx screwed up the 2-day and took 3 days to deliver it.

My other concern is weather. No plans on swimming this but I am wondering if a hard rain will short this out?  

Over all, as I said before, this is an interesting setup and it'll take a little getting used to.  Hopefully get to run some through it today. It's sitting in a dedicated suppressed 300 AAC as the range doesn't allow full-auto. While this isn't an auto I have a strong suspicion that it'll sing like one so I'm trying to mask that with the subs and a can.
View Quote
If I remember right, isn't there something on their site about a "hardened" version coming out eventually? I'm not sure what the implications of that are, but I would hit them up with that question before risking it.

I'm particularly interested to hear your opinions after you live fires it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The trigger itself is interesting. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but in dry fire the digital mode with the selector in the "auto" position is truly an electronic trigger and the weapon don't have to cocked for what sounds like the sear releasing on both pull and release. Weight is about 1 lb and very short take up. In the digital press and release mode (P/R) the sear reset and release , if you can call it that, is very quick.  

The mechanical manual trigger has a long take up but all-in-all it's not bad. Trigger weight is maybe 5 lbs.  Not a Giellesse but better than milspec.

The grip that they use has a magpul-esque angle and shape though is slightly larger in all dimensions. Nothing unmanageable but just slightly longer and wider. I'd imagine this is to hold whatever electronics are in it.

It didn't come with a 9v battery, required for the digital mode and I was a little disappointed when I installed one. There a little slop in the compartment in the grip and the battery rattles a bit. It was fixed in 2 secs with a piece of foam but still.....for $600+ this should have been a non-issue.

View Quote
What modifications did they need to do to your lower for installation? Trying to figure out why it has to be sent to them.

Also, do you have experience with the fostech echo or Franklin BFS3? I have and I'm curious how it compares. I'm seriously considering dropping the echo for this.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:49:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thanks for the review!
View Quote
Live fire did not go well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:50:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What modifications did they need to do to your lower for installation? Trying to figure out why it has to be sent to them.

Also, do you have experience with the fostech echo or Franklin BFS3? I have and I'm curious how it compares. I'm seriously considering dropping the echo for this.
View Quote
I'm not sure but I will find out.  

This did not function, during live fire, as expected.  Would not go into P/R mode and was wonky. Recv'd a call from them yesterday, after I sent an email explaining the multiple issues, and they left a VM saying I should "try Duracells". Really? More to follow but I see a full refund in the future.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not sure but I will find out.  

This did not function, during live fire, as expected.  Would not go into P/R mode and was wonky. Recv'd a call from them yesterday, after I sent an email explaining the multiple issues, and they left a VM saying I should "try Duracells". Really? More to follow but I see a full refund in the future.
View Quote
Dam batteries  

joking aside can you give us more information on what happened?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dam batteries  

joking aside can you give us more information on what happened?
View Quote
Would not function at all properly in digital mode. On function check everything seemed to be working fine. Manual trigger works as designed is actually quite nice.....a little long one the take up but light and repeatable. The problems were in digital mode, both P/R and just P as well. Occasionally the weapon would fire as a single shot but I never did get to fire on release.  In digital it also would fail to fire for 3 or 4 trigger presses and then go bang.....or sometimes go bang 7 or 8 in a row. The failures were all inconsistent.

Apparently the correct 9v current is critical and perhaps I just need to put a mother new battery in it. Manual says you should get about 1000rds from a battery. I wont be able to get back to the range until Tuesday and will test it again with a new battery.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Update:

Returned to the range today with fresh Duracells (as recommended buy the maker).  Well I have to say that this thing is a hoot. Single shot digital has to be at 1lb or less with a super short reset. Even in digital single shot mode I'd say I was running close to 400rpm.

P/R mode is a whole 'nother level. Working the trigger as I did in single mode, but with the "fire on press and release" mode engaged, I dumped 1/2 a mag in well under 3 sec....sounded to my ear about the same rate of fire as a Sten, maybe a bit faster.  Zero glitches with the new battery.  Funny thing is a buddy showed up with his to live fire it and he had the same wonky behavior that mine had prior to the battery swap. He swapped his battery out and his also ran 100%.

The current level in the battery seems critical and I wonder how many rounds a fresh battery is good for?  

Thursday I'm going to try the lower on my dedicated .22 suppressed AR. I know it's a long shot but if I can get this to run on a .22 it'll be the shizzle. Today was 300AAC subs at about .50 cpr which gets expensive quick.  BTW, I had no problem keeping 6-8 round "bursts" in an IPSC at about 30 yards with the 300 AAC.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Update:

Returned to the range today with fresh Duracells (as recommended buy the maker).  Well I have to say that this thing is a hoot. Single shot digital has to be at 1lb or less with a super short reset. Even in digital single shot mode I'd say I was running close to 400rpm.

P/R mode is a whole 'nother level. Working the trigger as I did in single mode, but with the "fire on press and release" mode engaged, I dumped 1/2 a mag in well under 3 sec....sounded to my ear about the same rate of fire as a Sten, maybe a bit faster.  Zero glitches with the new battery.  Funny thing is a buddy showed up with his to live fire it and he had the same wonky behavior that mine had prior to the battery swap. He swapped his battery out and his also ran 100%.

The current level in the battery seems critical and I wonder how many rounds a fresh battery is good for?  

Thursday I'm going to try the lower on my dedicated .22 suppressed AR. I know it's a long shot but if I can get this to run on a .22 it'll be the shizzle. Today was 300AAC subs at about .50 cpr which gets expensive quick.  BTW, I had no problem keeping 6-8 round "bursts" in an IPSC at about 30 yards with the 300 AAC.
View Quote
I'm glad it started working as advertised for you today. Its amazing how critical the modes are with the battery. This would be a deal killer for me since the battery is so critical. I'm not a fan of electronics in a trigger anyway. Let us know how it works on 22LR. I am not sure if you have the BFSIII or the ECHO but how does the digi work compared to them?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm glad it started working as advertised for you today. Its amazing how critical the modes are with the battery. This would be a deal killer for me since the battery is so critical. I'm not a fan of electronics in a trigger anyway. Let us know how it works on 22LR. I am not sure if you have the BFSIII or the ECHO but how does the digi work compared to them?
View Quote
I'm not either.  

This is most definitely relegated to a range toy but have to say it approaches FA fun.  I did some multiple target work today as well and 4 per target was just about as quick as controlled pairs.  Fun to run and gun with this.  

No, do not have any of the other mechanical "P/R" triggers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Might throw a Lithium 9V in there - not cheap, but will last a lot longer than an alkaline.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Might throw a Lithium 9V in there - not cheap, but will last a lot longer than an alkaline.
View Quote
10-4.

I started with a lithium but it came out my pro-timer so perhaps it was a little drained?  I have a 1/2 dozen inbound from battery junction and will try a new one. The maker recommends Duracell....not sure why.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Hit the range again today with the intent of trying my dedicated .22 on the lower with the digitrigger installed. Much to my surprise it ran like a scalded ape.  No issue at all with the .22 upper. Manual trigger ran great and the digital mode worked as well. The only observation was that the RoF with .22 was appreciably slower than with 5.56 and 300AAC.  

Also, the battery issue seemed to creep up again. This particular battery now has about 150 cycles on it and it started to get wonky again. Didn't have the time to swap out but did place a call to digit rigger. No response yet.

Vid below is with .22 upper.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top